advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Korean mayor goes missing
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 09, 2020 05:17AM
For perspective, it might be like if the mayor of New York or Los Angeles suddenly disappeared - except that Seoul has 2 million more people than either of those cities.

Police officers said they are looking for Mayor Park Won-sun at Seoul’s Sungbuk neighborhood where his mobile phone signal was last detected.
His daughter called police earlier Thursday and said her father has been unaccounted for, the police officers said, requesting anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media on the matter.

Can't hardly wait for the follow up to this, how far is Seoul from the North Korean border?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 12:35PM by RgrF.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Koren mayor goes missing
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 09, 2020 07:34AM
RgrF... NK kidnap and kill squads work around the world. Note also that SK has had some pretty bad corruption problems and organized crime issues.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 09, 2020 08:47AM
Sounding like a suicide. He left a will like document for his daughter, then turned his phone off in a wooded area not far away. A sexual harassment complaint had been lodged against by a former secretary earlier this week and became public yesterday.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 09, 2020 09:46AM
.....I read somewhere that suicide rates in 'asian' countries are on the high side......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 09, 2020 11:16AM
....update.....no surprise......

....Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon, viewed as a potential candidate for the 2022 presidential election, has been found dead, Yonhap News Agency reported. It did not immediately give further details.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 11:19AM by NewtonMP2100.
Re: Korean mayor goes missing
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 09, 2020 12:40PM
Oh, this turned out to be a sad story.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 220
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018