advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
back to were you belong?!.....Michael Cohen goes back to jail for violating terms of early release.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 09, 2020 02:28PM
.....home confinement.......was spotted eating out at Manhattan restaurant........dummy....he luckily got released due to coronavirus but back because he can't help being stupid.....

....he also refused to wear ankle monitor....

Michael Cohen Was Taken Back Into Custody After Violating The Terms Of His Early Release

His arrest comes a week after he was spotted eating out a restaurant and when he reportedly refused the terms for his continued

....President Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen was taken back into custody after allegedly violating the terms of his early release from prison for lying to Congress, the Bureau of Prisons confirmed to BuzzFeed News. .

Cohen was released from prison on May 21 and limited to home confinement as part of the Department of Justice's effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus in federal prisons.

A longtime attorney for Trump and often referred to as his fixer, Cohen turned on the president and cooperated with federal investigators. He was ultimately sentenced to three years in prison.

On Thursday, officials with the Bureau of Prisons said Cohen "refused the conditions of his home confinement and as a result, has been returned to a BOP facility."

Cohen's re-arrest comes a week after the New York Post photographed him dining at a Manhattan restaurant.

When he brought back into court on Thursday, CNBC reported that Cohen refused to accept a judge's order that would have prevented him from speaking to reporters, accept any book deals, or post on social media.

According to Axios, Cohen had also refused to wear an ankle monitor.

Cohen's attorney, Jeffrey Levine, did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News' request for comment.

can't fix.....stupid.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 02:48PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: back to were you belong?!.....Michael Cohen goes back to jail for violating terms of early release.......
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 09, 2020 02:33PM
If American schoolchildren can be back in classrooms, then Michael Cohen and Roger Stone can sit in jail.
Sorry he messed up but geez.
Re: back to were you belong?!.....Michael Cohen goes back to jail for violating terms of early release.......
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 09, 2020 02:36PM
I guess if you are stupid enough to cover for Cheeto all those years, you really are just plain stupid.
If I had been let out of prison early, you can be damn sure I would do whatever they asked, to the letter, not to go back.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: July 09, 2020 03:32PM
rgG
I guess if you are stupid enough to cover for Cheeto all those years, you really are just plain stupid.
If I had been let out of prison early, you can be damn sure I would do whatever they asked, to the letter, not to go back.

Exactly.

You know morals and legality is left out of most dealings with The Orange One.

It may be hard for him to follow the rules. Still no excuse. He doesn't get a pass for all the malfeasance he and Trumpo propagated.

But I would like to read a tell-all from his perspective.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 09, 2020 03:36PM
rgG

Like guys I grew up with that got out of jail. They'd always tell me how hard they were trying to not go back. I'd say "Well, at least don't do anything bad." Then they'd go back for stealing a necklace or something. It's hard enough to avoid the business end of the law even when we obeyed the rules. I can't go to jail. My father would go sometimes (he was a bookie). My brother too (though not his fault). I wouldn't even let myself get arrested during anti-apartheid protests. I'd be like, "gotta go guys."
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 09, 2020 04:14PM
well he was on 'house arrest'. He violated those terms. Dumba$$.
He is also supposedly writing his book, so you may expect his unplanned 'suicide' just like a certain Epstein...
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 09, 2020 04:23PM
What is it about having to go out to eat that makes people risk their freedom or even life?
Posted by: Ammo
Date: July 09, 2020 04:47PM
He’s obviously a “the rules don’t apply to me” kind of guy. That’s probably why he was working for Trump in the first place.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 09, 2020 05:04PM
I doubt his prison existence at Club Fed parallels that of ordinary inmates at a state institution. High profile prisoners have always received different treatment. Give him taste of life at a place like Corcoran and he'd beg for that ankle bracelet.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 09, 2020 05:33PM
Lanny Davis, a Cohen legal adviser, said Cohen had refused to sign off on conditions requiring he avoid speaking with the media and publishing a tell-all book he began working on in federal prison. Davis said the book had been nearly ready to publish.

“That was a point that disturbed him because he pointed out that he was able to talk to the media while he was in Otisville,” Davis said. “He said, ‘But the book is already done and I’m not giving up my First Amendment right to talk to the media, to use social media and, of course, to publish my book.’”

Cohen later agreed to accept the requirements, Davis said, but was taken into custody nevertheless.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 09, 2020 05:35PM
RgrF
I doubt his prison existence at Club Fed parallels that of ordinary inmates at a state institution. High profile prisoners have always received different treatment. Give him taste of life at a place like Corcoran and he'd beg for that ankle bracelet.

If you can't leave, it's prison. At home, at least I got cable and any kind of food I want.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 09, 2020 06:23PM
Right now, Mike's occupying a cell in the same building as what's her name Maxwell in the horror-show clink in Brooklyn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018