advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Florida man mists hydrogen peroxide over Wauchula streets to combat COVID-19
Posted by: p8712
Date: July 09, 2020 10:02PM
Wait til he puts UV lights up everyone...

Over the counter, hydrogen peroxide is usually sold at a 3% concentration. Terrell’s solution is slightly stronger at 5% -- a level he says is perfectly safe.

He sprays the whole town, even AdventHealth, where he sprays the hospital entrance and parking lot.

City Manager Terry Atchley said the Wauchula City Commission did not reach out to any scientists or doctors before approving the spraying.

"This is a good test, a good product. We are the perfect site to try an experiment with this," said Atchley.

My state is screwed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Florida man mists hydrogen peroxide over Wauchula streets to combat COVID-19
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 09, 2020 10:17PM
.....misty....water colored.....memories.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Florida man mists hydrogen peroxide over Wauchula streets to combat COVID-19
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 09, 2020 10:30PM
On the plus side, it breaks down pretty quickly and doesn't pose much of an environmental hazard after it poisons the wildlife.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 10, 2020 12:01AM
His town will smell better, too.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 10, 2020 06:58AM
Makes more sense than the Governor's plan (which doesn't exist)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: davester
Date: July 10, 2020 01:07PM
Sprinkling holy water would be just about as useful. Fortunately, hydrogen peroxide decomposes very quickly to water and oxygen, when exposed to sunlight, air, and/or water so it would be unlikely to cause harm. I would guess that most of his spray breaks down in minutes, so is utterly useless.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 01:07PM by davester.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 10, 2020 01:55PM
But at least he’s paying for it himself.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 10, 2020 02:25PM
It represents an attempt, however futile it may be, to do something to alleviate the problem. That's more than the President has done in the past 4 months.
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 10, 2020 03:43PM
“ But at least he’s paying for it himself. “

“ It represents an attempt, however futile it may be, to do something to alleviate the problem “

Yes, and yes. The guy has the equipment and wants to try to help. Futile, and I’m curious about any unintended effects.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Diana , DP , MEG , mspace , raz , RE:up
Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018