advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
‘ Book by Trump's niece claims he has psychological disorders. We asked psychologists’
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 11, 2020 07:03PM
"[On narcissism] I agree entirely. 'Prototypical' doesn't describe the degree to which [Trump] meets the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Many of us who study it say that if we [described a character like his in a paper] other peer reviewers would say, 'You've made up too cartoonish of a case.' They wouldn't believe it would be possible. That's how incredibly well he fits those symptoms. I've viewed Donald Trump as an example of narcissism going back 15 years. Long before he was running for president, long before he was associated with the Republican Party. Literally, going back into the mid-2000s … at academic talks he was one of the pictures I would put up. This is hardly new.…“

[www.cbc.ca]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘ Book by Trump's niece claims he has psychological disorders. We asked psychologists’
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 11, 2020 08:28PM
Trump's niece is a clinical psychologist and is well qualified to make that diagnosis.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Re: ‘ Book by Trump's niece claims he has psychological disorders. We asked psychologists’
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 11, 2020 10:15PM
Ombligo
Trump's niece is a clinical psychologist and is well qualified to make that diagnosis.

And even if she weren't, there's also this:

[theconversation.com]
[www.amazon.com]

... Goldwater rule be damned.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 10:17PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 12, 2020 12:11AM
What this very well may open up is Trump minions enlisting ‘cooperative’ clinicians to public ally promulgate derogatory opinions on past and present Trump critics and opponents; moving as much as possible from simple social media platforms to main stream media as much as allowed. Obviously they’ve already informally targeted Biden anecdotally; that may ramp up by orders of magnitude .

Protests will, of course, be met with retorts of ‘good for the goose...’
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 12, 2020 02:00AM
Won't really matter if the Trump defenders get driven back to their inpenetrable 30% - one that use to be 33%. Keep hammering.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 12, 2020 08:44AM
I don't think Mary Trump's book will have much impact - one way or the other.

It's appearing way too late in this circus. It contains no surprises (we already knew this was a dysfunctional, lawless and cruel family) and nothing that hasn't been widely speculated for years. That stuff was known in 2016 too, and yet millions of Americans chose Trump to be President.

People who love Trump will say she's a disgruntled, long estranged relative with a grudge and major Daddy issues. People who hate him will say this just confirms what they've known and suspected.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 12, 2020 09:01AM
Lemon Drop

It's appearing way too late in this circus. It contains no surprises (we already knew this was a dysfunctional, lawless and cruel family) and nothing that hasn't been widely speculated for years. That stuff was known in 2016 too, and yet millions of Americans chose Trump to be President.

People who love Trump will say she's a disgruntled, long estranged relative with a grudge and major Daddy issues. People who hate him will say this just confirms what they've known and suspected.

If it changes one vote, I’ll take it.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 12, 2020 09:21AM
sekker
Lemon Drop

If it changes one vote, I’ll take it.

Sure.
The primary impact with be to Mary Trump's bank account. Good for her, I'm all for it.

This book doesn't exist in right wing, conservative media. I'd be very surprised if a current Trump voter has heard of it, or cares if they do. Given all the other negatives about Trump that are far more pertinent to people's lives, like the virus and the economy, I just don't think family squabbles, even highly inflammatory stuff like this, will be any voter's deciding factor. (I'd love to meet that person if that is in fact the case).
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 12, 2020 12:55PM
Not going to change Trump voters into Biden voters, but the more that people realize what a foolish man he is, the less willing they’re going to be to show up to vote for him. The emperor’s nakedness is getting harder and harder for anyone to ignore.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 12, 2020 06:15PM
I suspect that part of her aim was to take up some rent free space in his head - right alongside The Lincoln Project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020