advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Experience or talent- Trump confronts his second term
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 12, 2020 05:25PM
Asked by Sean Hannity for his second-term agenda, Trump replied, “Well, one of the things that will be great — you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. But the word experience is a very important word. ... Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, you know, an idiot like Bolton.” The president did not mention a single proposal policy, or priority. He did not indicate whether Rex Tillerson, James Mattis, H.R. McMaster, John Kelly, Dan Coats, Scott Pruitt, Ryan Zinke and Tom Price were great people or idiots.

source: [thehill.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 05:40PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Experience or talent- Trump confronts his second term
Posted by: hal
Date: July 12, 2020 05:31PM
You really should post an attribution - I know you didn't write that - I read it elsewhere

the interpretive video: [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 12, 2020 05:40PM
sorry, corrected
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 12, 2020 07:57PM
That part of the Hill compendium links to an MSNBC piece, which notes:

“The president's campaign website does not feature an issues page listing any plans or blueprints for the future.

“Even the Republican Party's 2020 platform is just the 2016 platform recycled.

“In August 1979, then-Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) was gearing up to run for president and he was expected to do quite well. His plans ran into trouble, however, when CBS News' Roger Mudd sat down with the senator and asked, "Why do you want to be president?"

“Kennedy struggled mightily to answer. The damage to his candidacy was considerable: the public saw someone who wanted the office, but had trouble saying why.

“Forty-one years later, Donald Trump -- with no vision, no interest in governing, no platform, no policy agenda, no ideas, and little meaningful understanding of events unfolding around him -- was asked about his priorities for the next four years.

“As we discussed the other day, at this point in the campaign, we'd ideally see a battle of ideas, with the major-party candidates critiquing each other's agendas, highlighting their flaws, and promising a better way. Except in 2020, that's effectively impossible: Trump hasn't presented any ideas to assess.”
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 12, 2020 08:39PM
His campaign being bereft of ideas is actually as his supporters wish it to be. They’ve never wanted him to actually do anything, while claiming he’s done so much.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 12, 2020 10:59PM
If he wins, at least it will be easy for him to say that on his very first day he accomplished everything that he claimed he would do.

He won't have to struggle with those pesky details like trying to get Mexico to pay for a wall.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 13, 2020 12:33AM
Wat's the forum equivalent of wash your mouth out with soap?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 198
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020