advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Wow, comments from Trump's niece
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 14, 2020 06:08PM
... she's doing an interview with ABCNews tomorrow. When asked by Stephanopoulos the simple question of what she'd want Americans to know about her uncle, she stated in no uncertain terms: "[he is] utterly incapable of leading this country, and it’s dangerous to allow him to do so.”

[abcnews.go.com]

... when asked what she would tell him now: "Resign."

I'm not shocked by this, except perhaps by the fact that this is a family member of his saying it, but the whole thing got me thinking again about this issue. If things get exponentially worse than they are now, and he refuses to resign, and it becomes obvious that he's utterly incapable of doing his job -- I mean, way beyond what we're seeing now -- correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way of getting him out of office before 1/20/2021 ? (Except maybe the 25th, which will never happen...)

I ask because you can't know the future, and obviously I hope it doesn't come to pass, but that's what we might be facing: that he has to be removed BEFORE the inauguration.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wow, comments from Trump's niece
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 14, 2020 06:35PM
I think he’ll withdraw into himself in a depressive state, unable to function even at his current incapacity. He will remain as president but the VP will effectively be running the presidency for the final 2.5 months. The Joint Chiefs aren’t about to let him start a (nuclear) war without the VP’s okay. The cabinet rats will abandon the ship of state.

Remember, Pres. Trump does very little now.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: July 14, 2020 06:40PM
Speedy
I think he’ll withdraw into himself in a depressive state, unable to function even at his current incapacity. He will remain as president but the VP will effectively be running the presidency for the final 2.5 months. The Joint Chiefs aren’t about to let him start a (nuclear) war without the VP’s okay. The cabinet rats will abandon the ship of state.

Remember, Pres. Trump does very little now.

I've thought about this too... what happens if he goes into a major depressive state -- the problem is that even his inaction is an action, and to have the "leader" of the free world retreat into the deep hollows of the WH or his bunker is likely to have international consequences of all kinds. You just can't have a President do these kinds of things and not end up with all sorts of problems. The Constitution provides for what to do if a President is physically incapacitated, but apparently not when they're mentally incapacitated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 06:42PM by PeterB.
Date: July 14, 2020 06:41PM
Pres. Wilson was incapacitated and the government rolled on. Of course, it was a different time.

Date: July 14, 2020 06:50PM
Makes for interesting reading: [www.lawfareblog.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 14, 2020 07:10PM
Aww, he looks reasonable to me (as long as he doesn't inflate his pouch)...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 14, 2020 07:14PM
Does she say why they shipped him off to 'military school'?
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: July 14, 2020 07:19PM
Steve G.

Once a Tiny-Fingered, Cheeto-Faced, Ferret-Wearing Shitgibbon, always a Tiny-Fingered, Cheeto-Faced, Ferret-Wearing Shitgibbon.

Date: July 14, 2020 07:42PM
Steve G.

Yes, actually ... I read that she said it was Trump's penchant for "name-calling and teasing kids too young to fight back", or that it was to teach him discipline and ended up separating himself from his emotions and particularly his empathy. Either way, reportedly Trump's mother was relieved when he was sent there... that's saying something.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 14, 2020 08:01PM
Given his proclivity for spontaneous ramblings even when given a script, it would seem to me the chances of him having at least a momentary psychotic break during a televised live public event are high enough that there are closely held procedures at the ready both on the press side and White House side.

After quickly shutting down whatever the event may have been, we’d see some smokescreen ranging from exhaustion to Coronavirus and have Pence sworn in ‘for the duration of the unfortunate unforeseen event’.

Going way out on a what if limb, I suppose there’s a chance we might never see the unvarnished Trump again and could see the first master class level deep fake entered into the historical record as his final departing statement to the public. That’s a fun little thought experiment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 08:02PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 14, 2020 08:05PM
How would anybody know that Donald Trump is having a momentary psychotic break?
Date: July 14, 2020 08:45PM
Lemon Drop

smiley-music039

Date: July 14, 2020 09:52PM
Lemon Drop

Quite...

I'm not the only person to speculate that, beyond NPD, he has elements each of APD, BPD, and HPD. Any of these could predispose to psychosis.

Also, read these descriptions of how he's behaved in the WH over the last several months:

[www.politico.com]
[www.independent.co.uk]
[www.nytimes.com]
[www.businessinsider.com]

... doesn't paint a pretty picture of his mental state or health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 09:54PM by PeterB.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 15, 2020 10:12AM
PeterB
If things get exponentially worse than they are now, and he refuses to resign, and it becomes obvious that he's utterly incapable of doing his job -- I mean, way beyond what we're seeing now -- correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way of getting him out of office before 1/20/2021 ? (Except maybe the 25th, which will never happen...)

No legal ways.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 15, 2020 05:47PM
Speedy
Pres. Wilson was incapacitated and the government rolled on. Of course, it was a different time.
His wife was competent and capable and able to deceive the country into believing her husband was not incapacitated. Picture Melania in that role.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020