advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
So downtown Seattle is getting trashed right now
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 19, 2020 08:05PM
Several hundred people are smashing storefront windows, they broke into the Amazon Go store and spray painted "death to Bezos, " and there's a lot of looting going on. Vandalized a court house and a police precinct. They are aggressively fighting media trying to cover it and of course clashing with police.

It was originally billed as an "Abolish ICE" rally.

So this is the set-up Trump wants to bring in his secret police? I assume they're already on the scene.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So downtown Seattle is getting trashed right now
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 19, 2020 08:29PM
Given that the right has now shown there is no tactic they will not employ to further their ends, I really would feel naive not strongly suspecting the use of provocateurs to establish cause for bringing in their own forces.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 19, 2020 08:44PM
"they broke into the Amazon Go store"

Isn't that store totally run on facial recognition and cameras everywhere? I wonder what they might have captured.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 19, 2020 08:54PM
Sound just like it was scripted that way … and don't be surprised to find out that while the rest of you were staying inside as requested, the agent provocateurs were put to work up in Fungus Corners
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 19, 2020 08:54PM
GGD

Isn't that store totally run on facial recognition and cameras everywhere? I wonder what they might have captured.

Yes. If any of the looters had the Amazon Go app they're going to get charged for what they took. Protests are going on daily in Seattle, this one just seemed a little more destructive than usual.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: July 19, 2020 09:17PM
Some of these have been organized criminal gangs of thieves, under the pretense of being protestors
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: July 19, 2020 09:34PM
Lemon Drop
Several hundred people are smashing storefront windows, they broke into the Amazon Go store and spray painted "death to Bezos, " and there's a lot of looting going on. Vandalized a court house and a police precinct. They are aggressively fighting media trying to cover it and of course clashing with police.

So this is the set-up Trump wants to bring in his secret police? I assume they're already on the scene.

Not unless it's a federal court house...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 19, 2020 10:44PM
Women who painted over NYC Fifth Ave. Black Lives Matter mural identified as right-wing gadflies
[www.nydailynews.com]

next up: suspected arson at Reichstag
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 20, 2020 02:22AM
There are so many nuances about these things. So many curleyqued agendas hitching rides on other agendas. It's why the only real protests that have truly worked in the United States have been disciplined, peaceful civil disobedience movements.

If you have to tearshit up and then justify it by accusing people of favoring property over people, then all you're doing is crapping on the people trying to peacefully get things done.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 20, 2020 03:18AM
Lemon Drop
GGD

Yes. If any of the looters had the Amazon Go app they're going to get charged for what they took. Protests are going on daily in Seattle, this one just seemed a little more destructive than usual.

50-some straight days according to tonight's news. Some of the people there, protestors or otherwise, were throwing lit mortar fireworks shells at the police and something like 12 ended up at the hospital. That's assault with a deadly weapon, on a police officer. Serious @#$%& here folks. Martin Luther King would be disgusted and very dissapointed. I know this as I spoke with his widow Corretta 4 different times when she visited my middle school. She and her husband were friends of the principal. The first black PhD principal in Seattle.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2020 03:22AM by Racer X.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 20, 2020 06:56AM
vision63
There are so many nuances about these things. So many curleyqued agendas hitching rides on other agendas. It's why the only real protests that have truly worked in the United States have been disciplined, peaceful civil disobedience movements.

If you have to tearshit up and then justify it by accusing people of favoring property over people, then all you're doing is crapping on the people trying to peacefully get things done.

agree smiley So true.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 20, 2020 07:13AM
That assumes that the riotous damage is perpetrated by those who choose to be out protesting, I'm not convinced that's the case.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 20, 2020 08:32AM
The cars without license plates in Minneapolis were not 'protestors' - and many of the occupants were white.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 20, 2020 10:37AM
Lemon Drop

Are they being arrested and identified? If not, I suspect a this is a pretext action.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 20, 2020 03:05PM
Given how much Trump hates Bezos, I'm not surprised that Barr would instruct them to go after an Amazon location.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 254
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018