advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc really does work
Posted by: Buck
Date: July 30, 2020 08:11AM
This has to be the most persecuted medicine in history, and it started only after Trump mentioned it.
Donald Trump simply cannot be allowed to offer a simple and cheap solution in an election year.
To not allow the drugs to be prescribed by doctors is a crime. It's between doctor and patient anyway.

[www.newsweek.com]

It can't be dismissed as anecdotal evidence. The evidence is overwhelming.

"As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc really does work
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 30, 2020 08:32AM
'There are FOUR lights'.

Buck, thank you for sharing what is written as a thoughtful article. Unfortunately, the only thing that appears to be correct is that the potential use of this drug has been politicized.

In the world of medicine, the gold standard for efficacy are based on randomized control trials. HQ has failed to show ANY efficacy in ANY RCT.

That Yale professor is making classic mistakes on analyzing health outcome data. His 'reverse natural experiment in Switzerland', even if true, is cherry-picking data. The positive 'outcomes' he cites, even if true, may just be random luck. Given the drug's rampant off-label use, and the massive expansion of COVID-19, if HQ was working there would be far less of the virus out there. Uncontrolled epidemiological data is difficult to properly assess, and in this case, shows both positive AND negative outcomes.

If you want to know whether any such result is real, you do a prospective RCT. HQ has failed, and will continue to fail, all such tests.

Please listen to the scientists who DO clinical trials. And, for the sake of your heart, please do NOT take HQ if you get sick. Zn? Go for it. There IS some evidence it helps prevent severe flu symptoms though doesn't seem to prevent infectivity per se.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 30, 2020 08:39AM
sekker - eloquent.
Buck - Dude. Actual medical organizations have declared this 'cure' to be useless AND Dangerous. Your leaders are trying to kill you.

Those of us (like me) who were given Hydroxychloroquine as a malaria prophylaxis years ago were told quite clearly that there were potentially fatal side effects. I decided not to take it for that reason. My personal experience was in the late 1980's. 35 YEARS ago.

Next people are going to tell you that taking small doses of radium will help cure all your ailments. Marie Curie's lead coffin should convince you otherwise.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 30, 2020 08:47AM
Well, add this to the equally convincing opinion of Stella Immanuel and I an SOLD!

We need to start exorcisms as well.
Date: July 30, 2020 08:48AM
cbelt3
Next people are going to tell you that taking small doses of radium will help cure all your ailments.

It is TRUE!

Much like a bullet to the head.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 30, 2020 08:54AM
Just another Buck hit-and-run. I’m sure Vlad is tickled.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 30, 2020 08:56AM
Yeah, the little toss-in that he had spoken to doctors who had told him about other cases kind of wiped out any pretense of objectivity. Well, that, and the complete absence of discussion of the larger RCT sekker is talking about which showed no positive effect on Covid. That’s the ignored elephant in the room.

It has indeed become politicized, but that’s not the fault of Fauci and the others who are reading the predominance of data. They’re not funding small groups of conservative physicians (like the Tea Party Patriots) to stand up on the steps of the Supreme Court to say masks are unnecessary and we have a cure, which is not only untrue, but immensely counterproductive in a public health sense. And it’s frankly kind of embarrassing to present this small group as “front-line doctors” (of which few, if any were) and include folks that talk about alien DNA and demon sperm causing disease.

If your cardiologist said to you that, contrary to what you’d you told by other doctors, you didn’t really have heart disease, that your symptoms were caused by demons, and you only had to take an antibiotic and zinc you’d be fine, would your conclusion be that mainstream medicine was a big politicized conspiracy?
Date: July 30, 2020 09:00AM
pdq
They’re not funding small groups of conservative physicians (like the Tea Party Patriots) to stand up on the steps of the Supreme Court to say masks are unnecessary and we have a cure, which is not only untrue, but immensely counterproductive in a public health sense.

But it will get the economy moving again, which is good for the owners and stockholders.

I don't know if I saw it here, but it's true: For republicans, the people serve the economy. For democrats, the economy serves the people.

Die for the Dow!
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 30, 2020 09:23AM
But the ironic thing is that pretending that we don’t need to wear masks, that we don’t need to isolate, that a cure exists, will over the long term have much worse effects on the economy than if we did the responsible thing. Other countries can open up now, as long as they exclude visitors from the US and other hot spots led by mini-Trumps (like Brazil).

Through our irresponsibility and schizophrenic leadership, we are getting the absolute worst of both worlds. It’s a crime.
Date: July 30, 2020 09:30AM
Also, I think thalidomide has been persecuted quite a bit more.

Probably laetrile as well.
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 30, 2020 09:30AM
“Say -- what is dead cats good for, Huck?"

"Good for? Cure warts with."

"No! Is that so? I know something that's better."

"I bet you don't. What is it?"

"Why, @#$%&-water. . . You got to go all by yourself, to the middle of the woods, where you know there's a @#$%&-water stump, and just as it's midnight you back up against the stump and jam your hand in and say:

'Barley-corn, barley-corn, @#$%&-meal shorts,
@#$%&-water, @#$%&-water, swaller these warts,'

and then walk away quick, eleven steps, with your eyes shut, and then turn around three times and walk home without speaking to anybody. Because if you speak the charm's busted. . .Sometimes I take 'em off with a bean."

"Yes, bean's good. I've done that."

"Have you? What's your way?"

"You take and split the bean, and cut the wart so as to get some blood, and then you put the blood on one piece of the bean and take and dig a hole and bury it 'bout midnight at the crossroads in the dark of the moon, and then you burn up the rest of the bean. You see that piece that's got the blood on it will keep drawing and drawing, trying to fetch the other piece to it, and so that helps the blood to draw the wart, and pretty soon off she comes."

"Yes, that's it, Huck -- that's it; though when you're burying it if you say 'Down bean; off wart; come no more to bother me!' it's better. That's the way Joe Harper does, and he's been nearly to Coonville and most everywheres. But say -- how do you cure 'em with dead cats?"

"Why, you take your cat and go and get in the graveyard 'long about midnight when somebody that was wicked has been buried; and when it's midnight a devil will come, or maybe two or three, but you can't see 'em, you can only hear something like the wind, or maybe hear 'em talk; and when they're taking that feller away, you heave your cat after 'em and say, 'Devil follow corpse, cat follow devil, warts follow cat, I'm done with ye!' That'll fetch any wart."
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer

(Ha, the forum nanny doesn’t like s-punk)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 09:34AM by btfc.
Posted by: Z
Date: July 30, 2020 09:32AM
Lux Interior
Well, add this to the equally convincing opinion of Stella Immanuel and I an SOLD!

We need to start exorcisms as well.

I, for one, have cut back on demon sex just to be safe.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 30, 2020 10:01AM
"It can't be dismissed as anecdotal evidence. The evidence is overwhelming."

I'll take the advice of the American College of Physicians over an opinion article anytime.
Zinc, hydroxychloroquine, and azithromycin have no place in the treatment of COVID-19.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2020 10:14AM
and Buck, I'd like to present you with this Forum Sweepstakes Prize of FIFTY THOUSAND DOLL...hey, where did he go?

Oh well, I guess we'll donate it to the Biden campaign.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 30, 2020 10:23AM
Lux Interior

I don't know if I saw it here, but it's true: For republicans, the people serve the economy. For democrats, the economy serves the people.

I like that!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 30, 2020 10:59AM
Buck, I think you’re right, go for it! No need to mask, no need for social distancing. Hydroxychloroquine alone! Well, with some zinc; swallowing a penny a day keeps the COVID19 away.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 30, 2020 01:16PM
Hey wait! Does this mean that this cure no longer works ???

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 30, 2020 01:21PM
Speedy
Buck, I think you’re right, go for it! No need to mask, no need for social distancing. Hydroxychloroquine alone! Well, with some zinc; swallowing a penny a day keeps the COVID19 away.

Just remember to use a new enough penny so it is zinc. Scratch it up a bit to break through the copper wash on the exterior, make it easier for the stomach acids to get to it.

Oh, and all of the studies cited in the opinion piece are just one or two steps away from being purely anecdotal. Everything else he cites is anecdotal, or the misapplication of correlation such as his "Reverse natural experiment".

From my experience dealing with academicians, his pulling in of credentials such as "authored X many peer reviewed articles" is usually a sign of puffing up their importance. The ones who have written such articles that are taken seriously don't need to do that. More important than the number is who else uses those article in their research, and what kind of reviews the articles get after release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 01:21PM by JoeH.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 30, 2020 01:29PM
JoeH
From my experience dealing with academicians, his pulling in of credentials such as "authored X many peer reviewed articles" is usually a sign of puffing up their importance. The ones who have written such articles that are taken seriously don't need to do that.

That's my experience also.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 30, 2020 01:58PM
Buck 19, Forum 1. smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 30, 2020 03:11PM
cbelt3
sekker - eloquent.
Buck - Dude. Actual medical organizations have declared this 'cure' to be useless AND Dangerous. Your leaders are trying to kill you.

Those of us (like me) who were given Hydroxychloroquine as a malaria prophylaxis years ago were told quite clearly that there were potentially fatal side effects. I decided not to take it for that reason. My personal experience was in the late 1980's. 35 YEARS ago.

Next people are going to tell you that taking small doses of radium will help cure all your ailments. Marie Curie's lead coffin should convince you otherwise.

Remember all those mercury-based treatments for damn near everything? Calomel? Mercury and opium.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 30, 2020 03:13PM
The Trump administration needs us to believe there is a cure so that we will all go back to work and school and Make The Economy Great Again. So some of us die, so what? It's not like there aren't plenty more where we came from, amiright?

Date: July 30, 2020 03:33PM
More like Buck needs to believe that there's a cure and that this is no big deal.

Because he was one of the first & loudest of the "It's only gonna be 1000 dead. No big deal. Just wash your hands and you'll be fine" crowd.

Now that 150,000 are dead and increasing at about one per minute, he needs to blame the "persecution" of this miracle cure.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 30, 2020 07:26PM
Buck posts things like these and never comes back to defend his arguments.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 30, 2020 07:53PM
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 30, 2020 09:05PM
bfd

smiley-laughing001

... if the kitties were switched, then my frequent use of the nickname "Orange Dump" would be validated !!!

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 31, 2020 12:03AM
space-time
Buck posts things like these and never comes back to defend his arguments.

Buck, when not copy pasting from the New York Post, makes statements - not arguments.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 31, 2020 03:59AM
Well he needs to stop posting medically false information.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 31, 2020 04:11AM
I read that same article/opinion piece and was hoping someone would post about it. The thing is, this was written not in a fringe website like Breitbart, but in a mainstream publication, which lead me to think there might be some validity in his arguments.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 31, 2020 08:11AM
Well, this was not a report, but an opinion piece. You start looking at the writer ad it becomes apparent that he holds a fringe position in the scientific community on this area. None of the arguments made in this article have basis in controlled studies, just observations that something happened. Maybe it was tied to use of the mentioned treatments, or just as likely the persons got better in spite of the treatments.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 31, 2020 11:22AM
You have to ask, why is no other country advocating these medicines for COVID-19? Hell you’d think Russia would be all over it if so. Bet Buck can’t answer this question.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 31, 2020 11:31AM
Carnos Jax
Bet Buck can’t answer this question.

I see your can't and raise you a won't.

smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 201
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018