advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
If we’re keeping score...
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 30, 2020 09:17AM
There’s this:

This is modified from an NYT graphic, based on data released today. I added the black labels and arrows, the right-hand one of which is (inadvertently) ever so slightly tilted, I realize, which I don’t think has a significant effect on the conclusion. And yes, there will be a bounce back next quarter, but despite unprecedented emergency Fed action and unprecedented deficit spending, the consensus is that it will take GDP years to recover to its previous trend line.

But Trump didn’t cause Coronavirus. No, he just mismanaged and mangled the national response to such a degree that the country with the best (or most expensive) health care system in the world is the massive outlier, leading every other country in pandemic cases and deaths by a mile.

Obama was supposed to be a disaster for the economy. Biden is supposed to be a disaster for the economy. Trump was going to supercharge our economy and make it take off like a rocket ship.

This rocket ship has exploded on the pad.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: If we’re keeping score...
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 30, 2020 09:30AM
20% of the country's workers are on unemployment benefits, and the supplement just ended.

We are looking at a cliff where, just from ending the $600/week bonus, an additional 5M people will lose their jobs due to the loss of spending of said $600.

Add-in all of the soon-to-be homeless, the potential to repeat the photos from the 1930s does not seem like a sci fi movie anymore.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 30, 2020 09:33AM
Relax. The increased spending on deductible meals will pull us out!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 30, 2020 10:10AM
Thanks Obama!!!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 30, 2020 10:19AM
pdq
But Trump didn’t cause Coronavirus. No, he just mismanaged and mangled the national response to such a degree that the country with the best (or most expensive) health care system in the world is the massive outlier, leading every other country in pandemic cases and deaths by a mile.

Obama was supposed to be a disaster for the economy. Biden is supposed to be a disaster for the economy. Trump was going to supercharge our economy and make it take off like a rocket ship.

But...her emails!
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 31, 2020 04:28AM
pdq

This rocket ship has exploded on the pad.

Biden and the Democrats will have a hard time getting reelected in 2024, because of the mess that Trump will be leaving. Biden will get stuck cleaning this up, and I'm not sure that in 4 years he'll be able to get the economy going to where it needs to be. Plus, the right wing will constantly be harassing him as a do-nothing President who is sinking the economy.

Nicky Haley 2024!!! smiley-gen013

barf smiley drool smiley barf smiley drool smiley

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 216
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020