Herman Cain gone
Posted by: Janit
Date: July 30, 2020 09:38AM
[www.cnn.com]

Herman Cain dies from coronavirus
CNN Digital Expansion 2018 Veronica Stracqualursi
By Karl de Vries and Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN
Updated 10:47 AM ET, Thu July 30, 2020

Washington (CNN)Herman Cain, a onetime Republican presidential candidate and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, has died from coronavirus, according to an obituary sent from his verified Twitter account and Newsmax, where he was launching a television show.

Cain, 74, was hospitalized earlier this month, and his Twitter account said earlier this week he was being treated with oxygen in his lungs. It is unknown where Cain contracted the virus.

As a co-chair of Black Voices for Trump, Cain was one of the surrogates at President Donald Trump's June 20 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma -- which saw at least eight Trump advance team staffers in attendance test positive for coronavirus. Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh has told CNN that Cain did not meet with Trump at the Tulsa rally.

Cain announced his candidacy for president in 2011. He briefly gained traction in the race for his 9-9-9 tax reform plan, which would have replaced almost all current taxes with a 9% income tax, a 9% corporate tax and a 9% national sales tax. After about seven months, he dropped his bid for the GOP nomination amid sexual harassment allegations, which he denied.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 09:54AM by Janit.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Herman Cain gone
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 30, 2020 09:41AM
....raising Cain....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2020 09:48AM
just heard that

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 30, 2020 09:50AM
He was a non believer on the subject of Covid19. I posted yesterday he was still in the hospital..........he had gone to the Tulsa Rally....so what will 45 say about this death.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 12:03PM by samintx.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 30, 2020 09:56AM
samintx
so what will 45 say about this death.

He refused to take hydroxychloroquine?

He was indulging in demon sex?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 30, 2020 10:02AM
I'm sorry to hear this. This virus disproportionately kills Black people without regard for class or position.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 30, 2020 10:23AM
Kayleigh McEnany and Kevin McCarthy have both today sung their hosannas.

... This virus disproportionately kills Black people without regard for class or position.

This is the piece the Republican party OWNS but will reject, for many reasons related to:

1) not giving a @#$%&
2) unrecognizing accountability
3) any sort of coordinated plan

It's just another coincidence of unpreventable death, for them. For example when it was first reported he got sick, they were quick to assert there was no way to know where he contracted it.

Of course not. Especially if you never try.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 30, 2020 10:28AM
Fake news. Republicans cannot catch SARS-CoV2. I'm pretty sure I heard Trump say so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 10:28AM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 30, 2020 10:34AM
Sad news…

=wr=
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 30, 2020 10:37AM
wave rider
Sad news…

Yes, because it was an avoidable death if only those around him had worn masks and maintained social distance.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 10:38AM by Speedy.
Date: July 30, 2020 10:38AM
....and if the President didn't have that rally in Tulsa.......

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 30, 2020 10:40AM

Reap what you sow.

Sorry for his family & friends. Especially these ones:

Posted by: sekker
Date: July 30, 2020 12:38PM
RIP Mr Cain. May your unnecessary death prevent others.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 30, 2020 12:38PM
I’m sorry for his family, but these people who refuse to wear masks when around groups of people are playing Russian Roulette, endangering all who come in contact with them, and are attempting to bolster Trump’s false narrative about this disease. It is well nigh impossible for me to feel anything about this other than anger that so many are so willing to keep the pandemic going forever.

Date: July 30, 2020 12:39PM
....the Mark of Cain......

Date: July 30, 2020 12:43PM
rjmacs
I'm sorry to hear this. This virus disproportionately kills Black people without regard for class or position.

If you know that, and I know that, then why didn’t the idiots in Cain’s party who went to Tulsa and sat shoulder to shoulder and without masks know that? Save your sympathy for people who don’t have the wealth and resources to be able to avoid such situations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 12:44PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 30, 2020 01:57PM
RIP Mr. Cain.

We need a name for the type of virus super spreader that Donald Trump is. He doesn't have it himself, but he creates entirely unnecessary situations where the people all around him get sick and unfortunately some die. Like his Tulsa rally.
MAGArona 2020?
Date: July 30, 2020 02:03PM
$tevie
rjmacs

If you know that, and I know that, then why didn’t the idiots in Cain’s party who went to Tulsa and sat shoulder to shoulder and without masks know that? Save your sympathy for people who don’t have the wealth and resources to be able to avoid such situations.

I have a problem with the racism that makes these lies so attractive, and so politically unavoidable for people like Cain, that he was surrounded by a chorus of voices spewing anti-Black propaganda (whatever race those people are) that resulted in his death.

None of us deserve this. Even deluded and pie-eyed conservatives with access to resources to keep themselves safe. You don't have to have sympathy for Cain; I do, because he is another Black man, who despite a life of hard work and (yes, often ideologically misguided) public service, was killed unnecessarily by this virus.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 30, 2020 02:28PM
Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Lux Interior

That is a great place to start on contact tracing. I wonder how many others in that picture have died.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 30, 2020 02:50PM
Lemon Drop
RIP Mr. Cain.

We need a name for the type of virus super spreader that Donald Trump is. He doesn't have it himself, but he creates entirely unnecessary situations where the people all around him get sick and unfortunately some die. Like his Tulsa rally.
MAGArona 2020?
Very true.

Date: July 30, 2020 02:54PM
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

I have a problem with the racism that makes these lies so attractive, and so politically unavoidable for people like Cain, that he was surrounded by a chorus of voices spewing anti-Black propaganda (whatever race those people are) that resulted in his death.

None of us deserve this. Even deluded and pie-eyed conservatives with access to resources to keep themselves safe. You don't have to have sympathy for Cain; I do, because he is another Black man, who despite a life of hard work and (yes, often ideologically misguided) public service, was killed unnecessarily by this virus.
You do know that more people of color die due to systemic racism and oppression and not due to some kind of genetic predisposition, yes? Same thing for being duped by white people. There are a gazillion Black people who don't Uncle Tom it and there's no reason for a wealthy man to do so.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 30, 2020 03:17PM
Lemon Drop
We need a name for the type of virus super spreader that Donald Trump is. He doesn't have it himself, but he creates entirely unnecessary situations where the people all around him get sick and unfortunately some die.

Well, there was Typhoid Mary; how about COVID Don?
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2020 03:19PM
Lemon Drop
RIP Mr. Cain.

MAGArona 2020?

Trumpfoid Donald?

As I recall Typhoid Mary didn’t show symptoms or get sick, but killed many people. She was forceable restrained from having contact with others, which sounds like a good idea in the instance. We should also take his phone away.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 30, 2020 03:59PM
I like Corona Don.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2020 04:50PM
Murdered by Trump at the Tulsa rally.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 30, 2020 08:08PM
There's a plan for this. These people just drift around - spreading their disbelief as well as the virus - while the idiot in the White House gladly spurs them on. Meanwhile, no real plan exists from the president or his ilk for how to get a handle on the virus.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 30, 2020 09:07PM
Lemon Drop
RIP Mr. Cain.

MAGArona 2020?

TrumpCoronaByProxy

or

TrumpInfectedMe2020

?

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 30, 2020 09:26PM
$tevie
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

You do know that more people of color die due to systemic racism and oppression and not due to some kind of genetic predisposition, yes? Same thing for being duped by white people. There are a gazillion Black people who don't Uncle Tom it and there's no reason for a wealthy man to do so.

The saddest thing is those people are completely aware of the dangers of this virus. Not wearing a mask for them is strictly political. How they allow themselves to serve the narratives of an abject fool is beyond me. I bet they're all monetizing it one way or another.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 30, 2020 10:47PM
vision63
$tevie
rjmacs
$tevie
rjmacs

The saddest thing is those people are completely aware of the dangers of this virus. Not wearing a mask for them is strictly political. How they allow themselves to serve the narratives of an abject fool is beyond me. I bet they're all monetizing it one way or another.

A core tenet of conservatism is to demand guarantees/absolutes which leads to rejection of abstract notions of helping others to help themselves. I'll get mine, and you're on your own.

My experience in being around these sorts of believers is that there's nothing you can really do, and if you get sick there's no reason to offer mea culpa.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 31, 2020 03:43AM
rgG
Lemon Drop
RIP Mr. Cain.

MAGArona 2020?

Trumpfoid Donald?

As I recall Typhoid Mary didn’t show symptoms or get sick, but killed many people. She was forceable restrained from having contact with others, which sounds like a good idea in the instance. We should also take his phone away.

Typhoid Mary was actually locked away for about 30 years; let's see now - that would make Trump about 103 before he was free.
Date: July 31, 2020 10:34AM
$tevie

I do know that, $tevie. I also know that Herman Cain was a survivor of advanced colon cancer, a disease that disproportionately affects Black men, and which left him especially vulnerable to covid-19. The things about systemic racism and oppression is that is affects you no matter your wealth.

Right?

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020