advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
don't follow the bouncing ball?!....another baseball game postponed due to positive test results.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 31, 2020 10:26AM
......another baseball game gets 'postponed' due to positive test........Brewers-Cardinals.....two Cardinal players test positive......

.....Another MLB face-off has been scrapped due to coronavirus. Today’s matinee game between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals has been postponed after two Cardinals players had received positive test results for COVID-19, ESPN reports. The Brewers confirmed the postponement of their home opener in a statement….....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 10:27AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: don't follow the bouncing ball?!....another baseball game postponed due to positive test results.....
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 31, 2020 10:32AM
Morons, all of them. They started this dysfunctional year without a workable plan to play even without the pandemic.
Re: don't follow the bouncing ball?!....another baseball game postponed due to positive test results.....
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 31, 2020 11:18AM
They won't make it to their post-season unless they FF to it now.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 31, 2020 12:48PM
bfd

Dodgers/Padres in a few days. Padres look good.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 31, 2020 02:39PM
vision63
bfd

Last night's Padres-Giants game was one for the books...they blew a 5 run lead in the 8th inning (just like the previous game), leaving the game tied in the 9th at 6-6.

The the Padres scored 6 runs in the 10th to make the finish 12-7.

The Padres look really good except for some serious weakness in the bullpen.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: July 31, 2020 02:51PM
Markintosh
vision63
bfd

Last night's Padres-Giants game was one for the books...they blew a 5 run lead in the 8th inning (just like the previous game), leaving the game tied in the 9th at 6-6.

The the Padres scored 6 runs in the 10th to make the finish 12-7.

The Padres look really good except for some serious weakness in the bullpen.

These days, the bullpen is the lynchpin.
Date: July 31, 2020 03:41PM
vision63
bfd

… relief pitching doesn't look great so far … Those Gigantes almost took two - and they would've if it hadn't been for their submariner who couldn't get out of the 10th last night (their new manager didn't help them out either by screwing up his mound trip that forced the guy to face another batter). That's what they get for letting Bochy retire. He's back here where he belongs, though, so that's OK. As it was, SF came up with a few more in the bottom of the 10th.

We'll see how they do against L.A. It'd be just like this city's sports scene for the Padres to have a record season this year just to watch it disappear because of Covid-19. SDSU Aztecs men's BB lost only two games this season - they were in line for a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament only to be sent back to their individual homes after they'd just finished the season 30-2.mad2 smiley
Date: July 31, 2020 05:33PM
bfd
vision63
bfd

… relief pitching doesn't look great so far … Those Gigantes almost took two - and they would've if it hadn't been for their submariner who couldn't get out of the 10th last night (their new manager didn't help them out either by screwing up his mound trip that forced the guy to face another batter). That's what they get for letting Bochy retire. He's back here where he belongs, though, so that's OK. As it was, SF came up with a few more in the bottom of the 10th.

We'll see how they do against L.A. It'd be just like this city's sports scene for the Padres to have a record season this year just to watch it disappear because of Covid-19. SDSU Aztecs men's BB lost only two games this season - they were in line for a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament only to be sent back to their individual homes after they'd just finished the season 30-2.mad2 smiley

San Diego is just sports snakebit. I remember how sad I was when Garvey went there.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 31, 2020 05:43PM
San Diego is just sports snakebit. I remember how sad I was when Garvey went there.

A number of Los Angeles women felt the same way.
Date: July 31, 2020 05:47PM
RgrF

A number of Los Angeles women felt the same way.

All those women. That's just how great he was.
Date: August 01, 2020 12:25AM
vision63
bfd
vision63
bfd

[www.youtube.com]

We did get a SG autographed panel out of his stay here. It was this walk-off home run in the '84 win over Chicago in game 4 that led to one more game for the NL title… the pics are still hanging on the wall - holy cow - almost 40 years later. Of course, that one home run was all it took for the Padres to retire his number forever. LOL! Just a kid at those games, but we were at all 3 at the Murph. The volume in that place is still echoing. Was voiceless after every single game … those were the days!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 12:48AM by bfd.
Date: August 01, 2020 01:43AM
bfd
vision63
bfd
vision63
bfd

[www.youtube.com]

We did get a SG autographed panel out of his stay here. It was this walk-off home run in the '84 win over Chicago in game 4 that led to one more game for the NL title… the pics are still hanging on the wall - holy cow - almost 40 years later. Of course, that one home run was all it took for the Padres to retire his number forever. LOL! Just a kid at those games, but we were at all 3 at the Murph. The volume in that place is still echoing. Was voiceless after every single game … those were the days!

The forearms on that man are incredible. That was a great moment. I saw some great concerts at The Murph, especially the Kool Jazz Festival.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018