advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Flatten the ballot curve: ‘Trump is creating conditions for vote-by-mail to fail’"
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 01, 2020 12:35PM
Saw this on Chris Hayes' show on Thursday (6:49 minutes):

[www.msnbc.com]

Graphic taken from a DailyKos article on the same topic:

[www.dailykos.com]

The fear is that if Democratic voters procrastinate too long to apply for a mail-in ballot and/or procrastinate on actually mailing in the ballot that will play into Trump's election schemes; e.g, slowing the mail.

So, everyone needs to be encouraged to get on applying now and mailing the ballot back immediately.

Fortunately for me, I live in Oregon that has universal mail-in voting for years so there probably won't be any problems here. Not that it matters in Oregon anyway because there is no way Trump is getting Oregon's Electoral College votes. But in close states people getting on it early could make all the difference.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Flatten the ballot curve: ‘Trump is creating conditions for vote-by-mail to fail’"
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 01, 2020 06:40PM
I've decided to just go to an early voting site that opens on August 7. Then do the same in October. I want my vote to count with no questions.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018