advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I simply can't wait for the day that presidential politics is no longer front page news EVERY @#$%& DAY.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 03, 2020 02:42PM
It's been a rough 3.5 years being a news junky.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I simply can't wait for the day that presidential politics is no longer front page news EVERY @#$%& DAY.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2020 02:47PM
I was looking forward to straight up politics, because I'm sick of covid news.
Re: I simply can't wait for the day that presidential politics is no longer front page news EVERY @#$%& DAY.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 03, 2020 03:13PM
I keep trying to get myself watching movie then 45 does something and I ‘m back to the news programs. I’m With you .......a normal prez and only 6 and 10 p.m. news. No problems if I miss them.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 03, 2020 03:44PM
Yeah, it’s been weird to have the first and second stories on the national news be the same subjects for months on end. How bad is Covid today, and what fool thing the Orange Menace has done lately.
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 03, 2020 03:46PM
I think the nation's blood pressure will drop once he's gone. We can call that his health plan and give him credit for that, although he was also the cause.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 03, 2020 03:53PM
‘The Craziness Is Exhausting People’
How Trump could lose the Ohio-Pennsylvania border.
[thebulwark.com]

Posted by: sekker
Date: August 03, 2020 04:02PM
And now you understand why I listen to the BBC Global News (daily podcast) and my local state public daily news briefing (also a podcast).
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2020 07:54PM
$tevie
[thebulwark.com]

that is a good one, thanks. man, what a huckster.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 04, 2020 04:50AM
mrbigstuff
$tevie
[thebulwark.com]

That article also showed that if Hillary would have gone even once to some of these hurting rust belt areas, she would have won and been our president right now. But noooo, she completely ignored them. No wonder the GOP was able to easily play the 'Clinton is just another ivory tower east coast elitist who doesn't care about you' card.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 04, 2020 12:05PM
Sam3
mrbigstuff
$tevie
[thebulwark.com]

That article also showed that if Hillary would have gone even once to some of these hurting rust belt areas, she would have won and been our president right now. But noooo, she completely ignored them. No wonder the GOP was able to easily play the 'Clinton is just another ivory tower east coast elitist who doesn't care about you' card.

She couldn’t have won without Pennsylvania, and she was there frequently. Once she lost PA, it really didn't matter what happened in MI and WI.

Trump spent time campaigning in California and lost by 4.3 million votes there, a nearly 2-to-1 defeat. This if-Clinton-had-just-done-this-one-thing business is getting old.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 04, 2020 06:47PM
Mine is "if Wisconsin hadn't let their machines be hacked".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018