advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Merritt Corrigan, a political appointee at USAID, forced out after series of anti-gay tweets"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 03, 2020 07:17PM
File Under: Only the Best People

[www.washingtonpost.com]

June:
- Corrigan alienates many at USAID. Boss Barsa defends Corrigan AND another asshat publicly.
- Several Senators write to Barsa and ask, WTF, dude?

Today:
- Corrigan tweets several angry, wackadoodle statements.
- Corrigan is now gone, with not a word from Barsa.
- "Persecution"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 07:18PM by deckeda.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Merritt Corrigan, a political appointee at USAID, forced out after series of anti-gay tweets"
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 03, 2020 07:30PM
“He assured me that bigotry would not be tolerated within the agency,” Kaine said in a statement. “Corrigan’s tweets today came out of the blue and I have no idea what inspired them. I am a Christian and do not believe people should blame their bigotry on Jesus.”

Well said Tim Kaine!
Re: "Merritt Corrigan, a political appointee at USAID, forced out after series of anti-gay tweets"
Posted by: hal
Date: August 03, 2020 07:34PM
Lemon Drop
“He assured me that bigotry would not be tolerated within the agency,” Kaine said in a statement. “Corrigan’s tweets today came out of the blue and I have no idea what inspired them. I am a Christian and do not believe people should blame their bigotry on Jesus.”

Well said Tim Kaine!

That's just what I said to myself as I read it!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 03, 2020 07:49PM
Speaking of bigotry, this mayor of Luray, VA needs to be forced out too...

[wtop.com]
Posted by: Ammo
Date: August 03, 2020 08:39PM
When are people finally going to give up on this anti-gay fixation?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 03, 2020 08:41PM
Ammo
When are people finally going to give up on this anti-gay fixation?

When the U.S. joins the civilized world.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 04, 2020 06:40AM
From a commenter:

“Dear Ms. Corrigan,

If you think you've been fired because of your Christian beliefs, think again. Neither the media nor anyone else is attacking you for your beliefs.

They're protesting you for:
1. Treating your equals as your lessers.
2. Acting as if their lives are subject to your toleration.
3. Trying to reduce their equal rights.
4. Insinuating yourself into their private lives.
5. Presuming to trump their beliefs with yours.
6. Focusing on their sex lives instead of your own. (That's just weird.)
7. Telling them about themselves instead of asking them about themselves.
8. Trying to control their lives.
9. Advocating their subordination.
10. Showing contempt instead of compassion.

Personally speaking, do you believe your personal life and private acts should be subject to their approval? Do you believe they deserve authority over your life, your rights, your freedoms, your body, your bedroom, your spouse? Do you think it’s okay for them to hold you to religious requirements, restrictions, and regulations that they have chosen for themselves?

And spiritually speaking, don't your Christian beliefs tell you that it far more desirable, defensible, and decent to err on the side of humility, compassion, and mercy than to risk erring on the side of hubris, contempt, and malice?

If you believe other people should respect your personal/spiritual boundaries, shouldn’t you respect theirs?

Only the enemies of religious liberty defend disrespect as their sacred duty.”

>>>

There is bigotry, there is Trump bigotry, and then there is right-wing Christian hater bigotry.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 04, 2020 12:08PM
Lemon Drop
Speaking of bigotry, this mayor of Luray, VA needs to be forced out too...

[wtop.com]

Maybe he can take the confederate memorial with him on his way out.....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 06, 2020 08:05AM
Oops - I missed this topic when I posted about this the other day. Suffice it to say, this story has gotten really weird- Ms. Corrigan is now asserting that someone has been tweeting in her name, and she’s sorry if it hurt anyone...

dunno smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 164
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020