advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Brief notes from my local TX Republican email
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 04, 2020 09:15AM
This group was into the left as spy’s now they are pointing fingers at the Medical profession. This is just a taste of TX right wing ........oh, yes and a note from Louie Gohmert.

“Do you ever recall seeing medical doctors set out to destroy other medical doctors?

Every single day, the 2020 Propaganda War gets worse.  There’s only one way to describe this – evil.

It is clear the medical profession has been hijacked by Leftist politics and, dare I say it, m-o-n-e-y.  Saving lives, apparently, is no longer the point to many

I had a message from Congressman Louie Gohmert today.  He said, “Please take care of yourself & tell all my friends hello & that I’m going to be more ornery than ever soon in defending our country.”

That’s what we love about Louie!  Please pray for him as he recovers from the Wuhan flu, and please pray for Senator Bob Hall and these doctors.   They are under fierce attack!”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 09:18AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Brief notes from my local TX Republican email
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 04, 2020 09:25AM
Print it out and use it to fertilize your roses.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 04, 2020 09:47AM
Doctors are terrible because they do NOT want to see patients in the ICU, on ventilators and then dying in droves.
Posted by: Pam
Date: August 04, 2020 11:21AM
Nice projection.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 04, 2020 11:38AM
samintx
“Do you ever recall seeing medical doctors set out to destroy other medical doctors?”

I’m not sure about “destroying” them, but reputable doctors have long, long been opposed to quackery, whether the promoter has an MD by their name or not.

Oddly enough (but perhaps not surprisingly), such promoters are often times very popular among their patients, since they have to have a certain amount of charisma and guile to succeed in selling their snake oil. It’s not easy for hospitals or medical boards to root such people out when their supporters claim they are great and just being silenced due to jealosy.

And folks are always ready to believe the medical profession is hiding the real cure (for Covid, cancer, etc) when the alternative is messy, unpleasant reality.

Nevertheless, there’s something about studying the science in college+medical school+residency for some 12+ years that raises some hackles when someone says the answer to your health problems are easy but somehow being hidden by the world’s largest conspiracy.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 04, 2020 12:16PM
Why not pray for all the potential victims that Gohmert Pyle may have infected because he is a Mask-Truther?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 04, 2020 12:49PM
So how this type of stuff translates to everyday life...on a near daily basis my brother has to throw a patient out of his office when they refuse to wear a mask and tell him (the doctor) that he's a brainwashed liberal who has fallen for a hoax.

He'd like to invite these folks to make rounds with him at the hospital or maybe the morgue, but of course they aren't allowed inside.

He's been dealing with anti-vaxxers for a long time but says these people have taken it to a whole new level.

It's funny from a distance, via email or on the radio, but the people who believe this nonsense are killing other people and sometimes themselves. Our anti-science way of thinking caught up in a way nobody saw coming.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 04, 2020 01:06PM
My niece is a racist Trumper Nurse Practitioner and even she gets really put out with these idiots.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 04, 2020 01:21PM
Dennis S
My niece is a racist Trumper Nurse Practitioner and even she gets really put out with these idiots.

how does that work in her brain? I can't imagine...
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 04, 2020 11:32PM
Lemon Drop
So how this type of stuff translates to everyday life...on a near daily basis my brother has to throw a patient out of his office when they refuse to wear a mask and tell him (the doctor) that he's a brainwashed liberal who has fallen for a hoax.

He's been dealing with anti-vaxxers for a long time but says these people have taken it to a whole new level.

If your brother is in private practice, this could work out for him in the long run.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 05, 2020 09:30AM
RgrF
Lemon Drop

If your brother is in private practice, this could work out for him in the long run.

He is. One of the few remaining...

Not sure what you mean by this working out though.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 05, 2020 01:10PM
The private practice MDs I know have a hard time telling cantankerous patients to take a hike - go find another doctor. Weeding out some of the less pleasant among them may lead to a more enjoyable office atmosphere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018