advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
May her re-election campaign rest in peace...
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 05, 2020 01:21AM
...Los Angeles DA Jackie Lacey

Just go away!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: May her re-election campaign rest in peace...
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 05, 2020 04:07AM
Nobody should protest at people's houses. Why should somebody's kids or pets have to endure that? What did they do?

Here's the mayor of Oakland's house:

Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 05, 2020 04:33AM
vision63
Nobody should protest at people's houses. Why should somebody's kids or pets have to endure that? What did they do?

Here's the mayor of Oakland's house:

Not only that, but whose going to pay for cleanup? The homeowner.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Date: August 05, 2020 04:39AM
Don't want the job, don't play the game!

Jackie Lacie isn't a neophyte to be pitied, she's an arm of the law - a powerful arm.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 05, 2020 06:13AM
We have been putting teddies or stuffed animal in window to give kiddos a game to play as they drive by.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 05, 2020 07:06AM
samintx
We have been putting teddies or stuffed animal in window to give kiddos a game to play as they drive by.
That's cute ! My youngest sister's neighborhood sets up little social distancing scavenger hunts where kids walk by and write down that they saw a dragon or bear or whatever. Some neighbors even set up math problems in their yards for remote learning. It's all so wholesome and a 'it takes a village' sort of idea.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 05, 2020 09:14AM
cbelt3
samintx
That's cute ! My youngest sister's neighborhood sets up little social distancing scavenger hunts where kids walk by and write down that they saw a dragon or bear or whatever. Some neighbors even set up math problems in their yards for remote learning. It's all so wholesome and a 'it takes a village' sort of idea.

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH!!!

(there's always math)
Date: August 05, 2020 11:33AM
RgrF
Don't want the job, don't play the game!

Jackie Lacie isn't a neophyte to be pitied, she's an arm of the law - a powerful arm.

What's that got to do with threats and protesting at somebody's house?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 05, 2020 05:55PM
Perhaps the community sentiment is that if you bought the house with tax dollars paid to you, that you could stand to answer to the public—at your house.

Seems like they tried through all the normal channels to have conversation with her but failed. People do protest; it’s not up to us to always place limits on how or where.

People have vandalized public buildings. That’s “OK” overall despite being owned by citizen-controlled governments, but a private house is curiously off limits? This is the same whining the Seattle police chief did. Make yourself available, talk, work it out, have something persuasive to say that isn’t your freaking husband pointing a gun out the door and then literally crying about later, as Lacey did.

Of all the transgressions this person has done, in context some paint on her house doesn’t rise to the level of outrage here.
Date: August 05, 2020 09:39PM
deckeda
Perhaps the community sentiment is that if you bought the house with tax dollars paid to you, that you could stand to answer to the public—at your house.

Seems like they tried through all the normal channels to have conversation with her but failed. People do protest; it’s not up to us to always place limits on how or where.

People have vandalized public buildings. That’s “OK” overall despite being owned by citizen-controlled governments, but a private house is curiously off limits? This is the same whining the Seattle police chief did. Make yourself available, talk, work it out, have something persuasive to say that isn’t your freaking husband pointing a gun out the door and then literally crying about later, as Lacey did.

Of all the transgressions this person has done, in context some paint on her house doesn’t rise to the level of outrage here.

They didn't buy the house with tax dollars. They got paid to do a job. They earned their money. There is zero obligation to anyone regarding what I earn via my sweat.

If the politician isn't making themselves available on demand, you have an option. Don't vote for them. Vote for somebody you like. That's how it works.

It doesn't rise the level of anything because it's not "our" families that are being unfairly included. It's somebody else's. That's how it's been working. If it's not affecting "me," then who cares?

The guy apparently felt threatened. Get off of my property means get off of my property.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 09:42PM by vision63.
Date: August 05, 2020 10:00PM
The guy apparently felt threatened. Get off of my property means get off of my property.

So you're in the camp of property rights are greater than human rights? Something like "pay me my rent" or else go homeless? No middle ground?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 06, 2020 01:09PM
I'm not in favor of graffiti, but a public street is a public street. People gonna protest.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: August 06, 2020 11:21PM
RgrF

So you're in the camp of property rights are greater than human rights? Something like "pay me my rent" or else go homeless? No middle ground?

Why does property have to be involved in a protest at all? You're just making excuses for lawlessness. If you're kid was the dog-catcher and 5 hundred people descended on your house, how is that fair to you?

That's just some white @#$%& too. White people (with some token Black people) using BLM to push their agenda.

We just buried 2 great men that showed the world how to effectively demonstrate. They changed the world. That's the model. BLM is generally peaceful. The white people riding their tail are the destructive people. Then they want to say "hey, people over property."

These white people don't do anything for people. They just sit around and wait for some entity to do something productive and positive so that they can glomm all over it while paying lip service towards Black people's needs.

That's my ground.
Date: August 06, 2020 11:58PM
Regardless of the race of the protesters, the man did not have to brandish a gun in the face of a civil protest. He did and as the spouse of an elite will likely never suffer any sort of real penalty - other than taking down his wife's career, a career that no one out side the Lacy family will feel at a loss about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018