advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Who do you think Biden will pick to be his VP candidate?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 06, 2020 10:52AM
Poll
Who do you think Biden will pick to be his VP candidate?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
36 votes were received.
Harris 12

33%
Rice 14

39%
Warren 0

0%
Abrams 1

3%
Bass 3

8%
Demings 1

3%
Bottoms 1

3%
Whitmer 1

3%
Duckworth 1

3%
None of the above 2

5%

This is not a poll of who you think would make the best VP candidate, but rather the person you think Biden will end up picking.

My guess is that it will be Harris.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Who do you think Biden will pick to be his VP candidate?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 06, 2020 10:57AM

surprise, Tom Hanks!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 06, 2020 11:03AM
I'm going with Rice over Harris because he has already had a working relationship with her in the Obama Whitehouse. She also has foreign policy experience, and a working knowledge of the federal government in ways a Senator does not.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 11:07AM
Still hoping for Duckworth. Then Warren, then Harris.
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 06, 2020 11:25AM
Oprah (people are saying that she has better ratings than 45).
Posted by: timg
Date: August 06, 2020 11:53AM
Rice is the better choice, but Harris seems more likely at this point.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 06, 2020 12:16PM
I'm going to say Whitmer. He likes her and his campaign likes the voters she brings with her.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 06, 2020 12:24PM
p8712

Sen. Duckworth is the real deal, she's the perfect antidote to Trump. I like them all so I'll be fine with whomever. But yeah she'd be pretty awesome.
Date: August 06, 2020 12:36PM
Lemon Drop
p8712

Sen. Duckworth is the real deal, she's the perfect antidote to Trump. I like them all so I'll be fine with whomever. But yeah she'd be pretty awesome.

I feel like if she got more press, she’d be it. Oh well.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 06, 2020 12:59PM
I want duckworth, but I'm getting the idea that Rice was chosen many many months ago.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 06, 2020 01:06PM
Ombligo
I'm going with Rice over Harris because he has already had a working relationship with her in the Obama Whitehouse. She also has foreign policy experience, and a working knowledge of the federal government in ways a Senator does not.

I picked Rice, too.
I think the Obama connection is most likely the reason, and also maybe a little bit that Harris went after him in the debates.
Either one, should I say anyone, off the list is ok by me.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: August 06, 2020 01:06PM
hal
I want duckworth, but I'm getting the idea that Rice was chosen many many months ago.

As important as it is to have a person of color in the role, I also think someone who is physically disabled would also bring a good perspective for people who are under represented in our system. Let alone the fact that she gave her freaking limbs for the country. Of course, I like her for other reasons totally unconnected to her body

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 01:06PM by p8712.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 06, 2020 01:15PM
p8712
hal

As important as it is to have a person of color in the role, I also think someone who is physically disabled would also bring a good perspective for people who are under represented in our system. Let alone the fact that she gave her freaking limbs for the country. Of course, I like her for other reasons totally unconnected to her body

The woman is @#$%& brilliant - that's my #1 reason.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 06, 2020 01:20PM
Harris is better known than the other two or three being mentioned. People would remember her face from the debates and news coverage.
I think that's what will determine it.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: August 06, 2020 01:42PM
Who do I think he'll pick? Harris.

Who would I like him to pick? Either Lance-Bottoms or Whitmer. Don't know enough about Duckworth to add her, but all the things I've heard (including here) have been pretty positive. Edit: oh, and Bass and Rice are fine too... really any of them are fine, we just all have our favorites is all.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 02:55PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 06, 2020 01:59PM
Rice is more likely the pick. I think Bass has great experience/background and fewer of the downsides of other candidates with national exposure.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 06, 2020 02:18PM
My only problem with Rice is Obama connection times 2. Will voters accept?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 03:29PM by samintx.
Date: August 06, 2020 02:30PM
hal
p8712
hal

The woman is @#$%& brilliant - that's my #1 reason.

Oh, that too. She has had some the best responses this cycle. There are more than one reason to vote for someone.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 06, 2020 02:45PM
Can't say that any of them should be subjected to what's about to happen to one of them if they're chosen to run with Joe, because it's going to get ugly. And none of them deserve the ugliness that they're going to see when Dumbf and his white supremacist, racist ilk get started on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 02:47PM by bfd.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: August 06, 2020 02:59PM
bfd
Can't say that any of them should be subjected to what's about to happen to one of them if they're chosen to run with Joe, because it's going to get ugly. And none of them deserve the ugliness that they're going to see when Dumbf and his white supremacist, racist ilk get started on them.

True. The advantage this time around is that there will be less time for the right wing noise machine to tee off on the vp candidate. The longer Biden waits, the better.

There's been some chat recently that Bass has a problem because she once spoke nicely about Scientology, or something like that. Anybody know what this is actually about?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 06, 2020 03:00PM
Expanding on earlier

Rice as VP
Harris as Attorney General
Duckworth as Sec of Veteran Affairs
Abrams as Sec of HUD

and from left field - Sanders for HHS

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: August 06, 2020 03:08PM
Ombligo
Expanding on earlier

Rice as VP
Abrams as Sec of HUD

Sanders for VP, Joe serves a day, then resigns, then is appointed VP by President Sanders. President Sanders steps down after the midterms and Abrams, his VP, takes office. Schiff as AG. Obama as warden of New York federal prison. Harris opens a restaurant called side of Rice. All the employees wear a mask.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 06, 2020 04:59PM
I said I think Biden will pick Harris, and I do think he will choose her. But I've also changed my mind about who I would prefer between Rice and Harris. I think Rice has the technocratic chops to get things done as president. But I'm getting more concerned that she is pragmatic to the point of being too comfortable with power structures that we really need to change. Harris is going to have to become a quick learner if she takes over the presidency - especially if it's early in the term. But I think she's capable of learning. (I'd lean on Obama if I were her.) She is also pragmatic but I think she is more bold than Rice. And I think she has an important charisma factor that Rice doesn't.

I still think Rice is a good candidate - but only marginally more so than the other women listed above. Except Warren. I wish Warren were the presidential nominee rather than Biden. (I'm down with Biden being the nominee because I think his strengths will outweigh his weaknesses enough to win the election given the political landscape as it seems it is likely to be.) So I'd still pick her as the better VP choice overall.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 06, 2020 08:38PM
Ca Bob
bfd

True. The advantage this time around is that there will be less time for the right wing noise machine to tee off on the vp candidate. The longer Biden waits, the better.

There's been some chat recently that Bass has a problem because she once spoke nicely about Scientology, or something like that. Anybody know what this is actually about?
She has Scientology and Cuba quotes screwing her up. I don't think she has enough name recognition let alone familiarity of any good stuff among most voters to overcome it. [www.politico.com]

Posted by: gabester
Date: August 06, 2020 11:18PM
p8712
Ombligo
Expanding on earlier

Rice as VP
Abrams as Sec of HUD

Sanders for VP, Joe serves a day, then resigns, then is appointed VP by President Sanders. President Sanders steps down after the midterms and Abrams, his VP, takes office. Schiff as AG. Obama as warden of New York federal prison. Harris opens a restaurant called side of Rice. All the employees wear a mask.

Hey as long as we're talking dream scenarios, mine is that Biden's been pulling strings and working with Bernie behind the scenes to get delegates to agree. They announce the VP - Harris, Rice... although ideally someone who could bring in a swing state would be better but I'm not sure anyone beyond Abrams has that recognition and I don't think Georgia will be in play due to gross corruption.

After the VP is announced at the Online Virtual DNC (which hopefully will NOT be hacked, but I fear it will have serious technical issues because somehow the Dems don't seem to be able to take their opsec security and somehow the GOP does?!) - Joe - wearing a black turtleneck and bluejeans says...
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 07, 2020 12:13AM
Rice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018