advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
North Paulding HS students risk punishment for exposing COVID concerns
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 12:11PM
It’s only their lives. No biggie

“Anything that’s going on social media that’s negative or alike without permission, photography, that’s video or anything, there will be consequences,” warned the announcement at North Paulding High School.

“It just sounded like they were trying to cover up the fact that they were putting people in unsafe conditions,” said the student who recorded the announcement.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: North Paulding HS students risk punishment for exposing COVID concerns
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 06, 2020 12:27PM
Parental attack in 3-2-1....

Then again, I would not have sent my kid to school. Who the hell sends their kid to school when there is an even small chance their kid will get the virus and bring it home ?

Or , as Cruella DeVos said, "A small percentage of children will die."
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 06, 2020 12:30PM
What's the punishment, are they going to send them back to school?
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 06, 2020 12:48PM
I am so disappointed in the state of GA.
It started when we narrowly elected a red neck idiot for Governor, last election, and the pandemic only made it that much worse. Pity they won’t let people over 60 become citizens in NZ sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: August 06, 2020 12:52PM
rgG
It started when we narrowly elected a red neck idiot for Governor, last election, and the pandemic only made it that much worse. Pity they won’t let people over 60 become citizens in NZ sad smiley

That was not an election. That was theft.
Date: August 06, 2020 12:58PM
p8712
rgG

Which makes it even worse. sad smiley

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 06, 2020 01:05PM
p8712
rgG

Um, yeah. One of the biggest (and worst and most depressing) signs of the times: Kemp is not in prison and fined for the election fraud, theft of state resources, misconduct, destruction of property, and ethics violations in that election. (IMHO.)

Date: August 06, 2020 01:08PM
Sarcany
p8712
rgG

Um, yeah. One of the biggest (and worst and most depressing) signs of the times: Kemp is not in prison and fined for the election fraud, theft of state resources, misconduct, destruction of property, and ethics violations in that election. (IMHO.)

Kemp is Southern Fried Trump, so what else would you expect. He does the crime, but not the time. sad smiley

Posted by: hal
Date: August 06, 2020 01:42PM
p8712
quote]
Anything that’s going on social media that’s negative or alike without permission, photography, that’s video or anything, there will be consequences.

Where's my red pen?! That sentence (?) doesn't actually make sense. It doesn't even say, 'don't post stuff to social media'. It only says that there will be consequences. Kids must be thinking about all the likes and retweets that they will be getting as a consequence of their posts.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: August 06, 2020 01:45PM
Children don't vote, so why do their lives matter?
Oh, wait a minute - their parents vote. Uh oh.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 06, 2020 01:46PM
ACLU will be visiting for sure.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 06, 2020 01:49PM
Dr. Otott
Wearing a mask is a personal choice and there is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them.

So how often do students show up to school not wearing pants/dresses, or other clothes below their waist? F'in brain dead Cheeto worshiping idjits.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 06, 2020 02:24PM
What's most maddening is that some kids that age really do care. They really don't want to be there. They really understand the consequences. And yet we force them into making a decision that can't possibly turn out well. It is absolutely criminal.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 06, 2020 02:43PM
Georgia was a state that in fairly recent times elected Wyche Fowler and Max Cleland for Senator alongside Sam Nunn, and earlier, Jimmy Carter, Joe Frank Harris and Roy Barnes for Governor. Georgia fell in 1994. Even Zell Miller started to lose his mind going from cranky reasonable to agitated-near-Republican.

The architect:

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 06, 2020 02:48PM
"Anything that’s going on social media that’s negative or alike without permission, photography, that’s video or anything, there will be consequences."

Whoever wrote this should be stripped of his or her diploma.
Date: August 06, 2020 02:52PM
hal
p8712
quote]
Anything that’s going on social media that’s negative or alike without permission, photography, that’s video or anything, there will be consequences.

Where's my red pen?! That sentence (?) doesn't actually make sense. It doesn't even say, 'don't post stuff to social media'. It only says that there will be consequences. Kids must be thinking about all the likes and retweets that they will be getting as a consequence of their posts.

It has the ring of truth of a PO’d adult yelling at a room for teenagers.

The architect:

I heard he retired to a moon base.
Date: August 06, 2020 03:36PM
vision63
Georgia was a state that in fairly recent times elected Wyche Fowler and Max Cleland for Senator alongside Sam Nunn, and earlier, Jimmy Carter, Joe Frank Harris and Roy Barnes for Governor. Georgia fell in 1994. Even Zell Miller started to lose his mind going from cranky reasonable to agitated-near-Republican.

The architect:

Yep, Newt Boy started the ball rolling.
Now it is a honking huge hair ball.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 06, 2020 03:39PM
Why not suddenly enroll your kids in homeschooling, and flip off the school district? I'm not a huge fan of homeschooling as a solution to everything, some do great, many poorly. But it sure beats death, or the death of a family member, friend or neighbor

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 03:40PM by Racer X.
Posted by: numbered
Date: August 06, 2020 05:32PM
Racer X
Why not suddenly enroll your kids in homeschooling, and flip off the school district?

I think people have been trying and they realize it is a huge burden. A couple of tweets from late March in the Miami Herald (I searched because I remembered the first one.)

Day 3 of Homeschooling. Teachers really should get paid a million dollars. #coronavirus #homeschooling pic.twitter.com/xmGa2Xlm60
— Brenda (@BrendaFA81) March 18, 2020

#Homeschooling / #WorkFromHome Day 1 . Biggest takeaway so far, my son’s teacher needs a raise. #QuarantineLife pic.twitter.com/UHDliyEaBi
— Lindsey C (@lilDnD) March 16, 2020

“Home schooling is going great: Two students were suspended for fighting, one student in detention for talking back and one teacher fired for drinking tequila on the job.”
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: August 06, 2020 10:02PM
Lawsuit incoming in 3, 2, 1...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 06, 2020 11:33PM
The school busted the miscreants. One was unidentified in the article but the other is a 15 y.o. female. Both suspended.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 07, 2020 12:50AM
Racer X
Why not suddenly enroll your kids in homeschooling, and flip off the school district? I'm not a huge fan of homeschooling as a solution to everything, some do great, many poorly. But it sure beats death, or the death of a family member, friend or neighbor

Only a small number of families are sufficiently prepared or able to pull off home education that produces any real education.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 07, 2020 04:13AM
Speedy
The school busted the miscreants. One was unidentified in the article but the other is a 15 y.o. female. Both suspended.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

That's shameful.

So... mask wearing is unenforceable:

Social distancing and the wearing of masks are “strongly encouraged,” but the district has not required either. It notified parents this month that both would be nearly impossible to enforce on school buses and in classrooms.

Hmm... they can enforce attendance, they can enforce a dress code, they can enforce behavior, but they can't enforce mask wearing????

What if some kids, because it was really hot, came to school naked? I guess they would just walk all around school all day with no repercussions, because, you know, clothes wearing is really unenforceable, doncha know.

How about you become an adult and tell the kids, "No mask? Sorry, you can't get on the bus." "No mask? Sorry, but you'll have to call your parents to come and bring you one, you can just wait outside until they get here."

Covidiots.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 04:14AM by Sam3.
Posted by: Janit
Date: August 07, 2020 07:20AM
Speedy

[www.washingtonpost.com]

The teen, who said she’d never before run afoul of the code of conduct, told the news outlet that she understood she broke the rules. But she also said she viewed her punishment as overly harsh.

“I’d like to say this is some good and necessary trouble,” Watters told CNN. “My biggest concern is not only about me being safe, it’s about everyone being safe because behind every teacher, student and staff member, there is a family, there are friends, and I would just want to keep everyone safe.”

And so John Lewis lives on. It's nice to see a teenager who is paying attention to current events.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 07, 2020 09:25AM
Good for her. She’s getting a far better education via the school of life than staying quiet. Sure hope her parents are supportive.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 07, 2020 01:39PM
Hannah's suspension was lifted and will be removed from her record.

She gives me hope for the future. Good for her, good for her mother.

I never had to be this brave in high school. I'm pulling for all these kids and their teachers.

“Going back, I’m probably going to be just about as nervous as I was the first day of school,” she said, adding that she hopes people realize that she posted the pictures to advocate for the safety of everyone in the building.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 07, 2020 07:26PM
Speaks more to the mindset of school administrators than anything else.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 08, 2020 01:17PM
RgrF

They are afraid of the yahoo freedumb covidiots who will raise a very loud stink if masks are mandated.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 08, 2020 03:13PM
Sam3
RgrF

They are afraid of the yahoo freedumb covidiots who will raise a very loud stink if masks are mandated.

Right, but if some girl were to wear a strapless top and a mask, she'd probably be sent home right away. Freedom?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018