advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Autoimmune Encephalitis and Lethal Catatonia
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 06, 2020 03:00PM
[gizmodo.com]

According to the report, the previously healthy man arrived at the hospital agitated, grimacing, and with fever, exhibiting repetitive speech and movements. Because of his bizarre, disorganized, and uncooperative behavior, he was involuntarily admitted for care. A few hours into admission, he became mute, while his body temperature spiked to over 102 degrees Fahrenheit. He also began having involuntary muscle contractions that left his body and arms rigid, as well as heart and circulation problems. Soon, doctors decided to constantly sedate and intubate him.

Though the doctors weren’t sure exactly what was going on, they suspected that the man’s immune system was overreacting and attacking his brain, likely because of his recent infection from the coronavirus that causes covid-19. Twenty-two days before his hospitalization, he began experiencing the classic respiratory symptoms associated with covid-19, though apparently his illness wasn’t serious, and a week after that, he tested positive for the virus...

Posted while wearing a mask and gloves and having just wiped down my keyboard with alcohol.

drink smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 03:00PM by Sarcany.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Autoimmune Encephalitis and Lethal Catatonia
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 03:03PM
“But he didn’t die” so it’s ok, right?

Glad the article did say he didn’t suffer lasting damage. As a 40-year-old it scares the hell out of me.
Re: Autoimmune Encephalitis and Lethal Catatonia
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 06, 2020 08:43PM
I am seriously afraid of this virus. I have a young and healthy friend who had it in April and she still has memory loss, dizzy spells, and foggy brain. This thing is a bear for the long haulers, and I think we are going to learn worse about it as time goes on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 203
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020