advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump: "Biden is against God"
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 06, 2020 03:22PM
Says Joe Biden will "...take away your guns, destroy your 2nd Amendment, no religion, no anything, hurt the bible, hurt God. He's against God..."

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump: "Biden is against God"
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 03:25PM
Seeing as Trump thinks he’s God ...
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: August 06, 2020 03:29PM
What’s next?
“He’ll rip out your spleen and feed it to his hellhounds.”
“He’ll boil your children in oil.”
“He’ll pee on your mother and take a dump on your father.“

How does this orange fool have any worshippers at all, let alone scores of millions?
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 03:45PM
S. Pupp
What’s next?
“He’ll rip out your spleen and feed it to his hellhounds.”
“He’ll boil your children in oil.”
“He’ll pee on your mother and take a dump on your father.“

How does this orange fool have any worshippers at all, let alone scores of millions?

“He’ll grab you by the....wait that’s me. Never mind!”
Posted by: hal
Date: August 06, 2020 04:10PM
He's gonna HURT THE BIBLE!!
Posted by: Ted King
Date: August 06, 2020 04:23PM
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 06, 2020 07:10PM
Biden will also outlaw windows. Not the OS, actual windows in your house.

And playing at a Trump2020 rally today in Ohio... "Live and Let Die." During a pandemic that has killed over 160K Americans.

Not from the Onion, this happened IRL.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 06, 2020 07:34PM
How close to open Civil Warfare is this nation right now?

Serious question.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 06, 2020 07:42PM
Gun sales are up 200+% from same time last year. Would be higher, but no product and minimal ammo. Seriously. People not trusting the government, politicians in general, and suspicious at best of most law enforcement.

THIS is why there is a 2nd Amendment people. Not being able to trust those whose jobs it is to protect and administer to the health and welfare of the country, and a tryant leader who thinks they are above the law.

Those who swore to protect us are failing. Here in Seattle it was announced recently that any illegal weapons found during a traffic stop won't be prosecuted. WTF? That's a federal offense? Especially if a convicted felon and a stolen and/or de-serialized firearm. That would be a 2fer/3fer right there.

I researched this in the past 36 hours, but I need to paraphrase, as I didn't take notes. I think it was for a post on a Smith and Wesson forum

3-4 million NICS checks per month since March. Of those @40% were/are first time buyers. Of those, 60ish% voluntarily identified themselves as African American, and quite a bunch more as Asian-American and Mexican-American. These numbers are from the FBI, who runs the checks. One check can cover multiple firearms in one purchase. I've done it that way twice myself. So you can't get a concrete number of firearms sold, but it gives you an idea. This wouldn't be happening if they felt safe. And firearms aren't just white boy redneck toys. Last time I did an out of state private purchase, and picked it up after the NICS check, there was a tiny young asian woman picking up a Glock 10mm. She is an elementary school teacher. Not your stereotypical firearms owner, according to the media. But they don't spend that much time at shooting ranges, so what do they know?

One of the highest olympic medal winners in the US, possibly the world, is a woman who has competed in trap/skeet for over 2 decades. Started as a teen.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 07:58PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 06, 2020 07:58PM
bfd
How close to open Civil Warfare is this nation right now?

Serious question.

I don't think there is any chance. However, if there is, I encourage the Trumpists to fight to the death.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 06, 2020 08:41PM
Biden wasn't the one holding the bible upside down. Although I have to admit it probably didn't hurt it.

Date: August 06, 2020 09:14PM
I doubt there are enough people these days in the US with the strength of conviction to fight over it these days. I really don't.

That could change.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 06, 2020 10:02PM
$tevie
Biden wasn't the one holding the bible upside down. Although I have to admit it probably didn't hurt it.

Half of the president’s voters dropped to their knees at that moment.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 07, 2020 06:16AM
Smith & Wesson stock is up 170% YTD. Ruger is up about 100%. Ammo makers Vista is at 200% YTD.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the election. If Biden wins and the senate flips, they should go up even more. Otherwise I expect a massive correction.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Janit
Date: August 07, 2020 07:06AM
Racer X
Gun sales are up 200+% from same time last year. Would be higher, but no product and minimal ammo. Seriously. People not trusting the government, politicians in general, and suspicious at best of most law enforcement.

THIS is why there is a 2nd Amendment people. Not being able to trust those whose jobs it is to protect and administer to the health and welfare of the country, and a tryant leader who thinks they are above the law.

Those who swore to protect us are failing. Here in Seattle it was announced recently that any illegal weapons found during a traffic stop won't be prosecuted. WTF? That's a federal offense? Especially if a convicted felon and a stolen and/or de-serialized firearm. That would be a 2fer/3fer right there.

Do you at least see some irony in the fact that the people who most fear government overreach have deliberately put into office the worst exemplar of government overreach that this country has ever seen? And that many of the people who are now buying guns are doing so simply to "protect" themselves from the other people with guns?
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 07, 2020 09:33AM
If there is any level of serious violence it’s because The Orange Emperor tries to cancel the election to stay in power by forcibly closing voting stations etc.

I also think he might try to stay in the WH after losing. But he’s a coward and too lazy to put his life on the line.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 07, 2020 10:27AM
Janit
Do you at least see some irony in the fact that the people who most fear government overreach have deliberately put into office the worst exemplar of government overreach that this country has ever seen? And that many of the people who are now buying guns are doing so simply to "protect" themselves from the other people with guns?

This whole administration is thick with irony.

Drain the swamp and end government corruption...by electing the most corrupt president ever.

The people who don't see the irony are the ones who still believe that Obama is a Muslim and that Hillary still runs a child trafficking ring out of Ping Pong pizza's (non-existent) basement.
Date: August 07, 2020 01:26PM
Since we're talking gun sales, this is a good piece on when gun sales have spiked over the past decade.
[www.brookings.edu]

The spikes have been following Sandy Hook, San Bernardino and Parkland - when people feared a reduction in access to guns. All of those spikes led to another spike - in accidental firearm deaths, especially among children.

But this latest spike is not about that at all. People are fearful for their safety given what's happened since March: a pandemic, economic free fall, and widespread protesting and social unrest. Not saying I think that a gun purchase is the answer to any of that, but this is what some Americans do.

Others of us just eat some cake or drink more wine.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 07, 2020 01:59PM
Lemon Drop
Since we're talking gun sales, this is a good piece on when gun sales have spiked over the past decade.
[www.brookings.edu]

The spikes have been following Sandy Hook, San Bernardino and Parkland - when people feared a reduction in access to guns. All of those spikes led to another spike - in accidental firearm deaths, especially among children.

But this latest spike is not about that at all. People are fearful for their safety given what's happened since March: a pandemic, economic free fall, and widespread protesting and social unrest. Not saying I think that a gun purchase is the answer to any of that, but this is what some Americans do.

And Ice Cream, don’t forget ice cream. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: August 07, 2020 02:08PM
rgG
Lemon Drop
[www.brookings.edu]

And Ice Cream, don’t forget ice cream. sad smiley

I got the churn out of the basement this summer. Huge mistake. Made peach yesterday...
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 07, 2020 03:21PM
Lemon Drop
[www.brookings.edu]

I think it’s worth reemphasizing that while Americans own more guns collectively (120 per 100 people) than almost anywhere else in the world, only a minority of individual Americans own a gun. The folks that do own guns own a lot, but in many (typically blue) areas, like most of the Northeast, for instance, fewer than 20% of households own any guns, and in a RAND study that went up to 2016, this percentage has been going down for years.

Which is to say, don’t feel left out or abnormal if you (like I) don’t own a gun. Most people don’t. Those that do own a lot of them, and keep buying more. Why that is, they’d have to explain to you themselves.
Date: August 07, 2020 09:00PM
Janit
Racer X

Overall it's more Covid and police/BLM would be my guess. The idiots making bad decisions sure don't help. There is irony for sure. Hasn't changed my life much, except my shooting rage is closed, despite the fact that it has one of the top 3 cleanest HEPA/HVAC systems in the state, including hospital/research facilities. Was tested and certified about 3 years ago when rebuilt. Everything sucked downrange from behind the shooters. My asthma feels better after a range session.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 09:00PM by Racer X.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 07, 2020 10:35PM
Racer X
...my shooting rage is closed...

Freudian slip?
Date: August 08, 2020 05:56AM
oops! facepalm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020