advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Quinnipiac poll today has Jaime Harrison and Lindsay Graham tied
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 06, 2020 07:06PM
Primary reason I'm getting a SC driver's license this week is so I can register here and vote for Jaime.

Given how hard it is to campaign this year - and that Trump still has an edge in the state, I didn't expect this. Still a long shot but this is encouraging.

[poll.qu.edu]

SOUTH CAROLINA SENATE RACE

The U.S. Senate race in South Carolina is a tie, with 44 percent of voters backing Republican Senator Lindsey Graham and 44 percent backing Democrat Jaime Harrison. Nine percent say they are undecided. Democrats back Harrison 94 - 3 percent, independents back Harrison 47 - 37 percent, and Republicans back Graham 89 - 5 percent.

Eighty-five percent of voters in South Carolina who name a candidate say their minds are made up, while 13 percent say they might change their minds.

"He has been a firebrand advocate for national defense and a leader of his party for 17 years - but has Lindsey Graham's allegiance to the president put him in jeopardy? The numbers suggest his tenure on the Hill is in trouble," added Malloy.

Voters have a mixed opinion of Senator Graham, with 41 percent saying they have a favorable opinion of him, while 45 percent say they have an unfavorable opinion of Graham. For Jaime Harrison, 38 percent have a favorable opinion, while 24 percent have an unfavorable opinion. Thirty-seven percent say they haven't heard enough about him to form an opinion.

As the incumbent Republican, 40 percent of voters say Senator Graham is too supportive of President Trump, 39 percent say he has the right attitude towards the president, and 10 percent say he is not supportive enough of him.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Quinnipiac poll today has Jaime Harrison and Lindsay Graham tied
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 06, 2020 07:30PM
Oh please, oh please.
Lindsay needs to go. Can you also round up any votes against Mitch?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 06, 2020 07:30PM

As the incumbent Republican, 40 percent of voters say Senator Graham is too supportive of President Trump, 39 percent say he has the right attitude towards the president, and 10 percent say he is not supportive enough of him.[/i]

Those 10% must own stock in vaseline.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 06, 2020 07:31PM
I hope the numerous Washington DC hustlers are holding off the evidence for just the right moment to totally nuke The campaign.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 06, 2020 07:40PM
That's pretty good considering how many say they haven't heard of Harrison.

As usual, the undecided apparently have some serious confusion for how to differentiate between candidates.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 06, 2020 09:56PM
This almost always plays out the same with the incumbent winning by 2%. Just enough voters get in the booth and only recognize that one name.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 06, 2020 10:49PM
Oh my..please don’t vote for Lindsey.
Date: August 07, 2020 07:01AM
Speedy
This almost always plays out the same with the incumbent winning by 2%. Just enough voters get in the booth and only recognize that one name.

Yes. But it's not a normal year, I think this one is worth fighting for.
Date: August 07, 2020 07:07AM
rgG
Oh please, oh please.
Lindsay needs to go. Can you also round up any votes against Mitch?

Going to make calls for Amy McGrath.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 07, 2020 10:27AM
Speedy

Yes, polling services absolutely need to post prior polling versus election results to show how accurate/inaccurate they are at doing predictions like this.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: August 07, 2020 02:05PM
Quinnipiac is a reliable pollster.

There has been very little independent polling done on this race because Harrison was such a long shot against an entrenched incumbent in a reliably red state.

These are the only three polls:
[www.realclearpolitics.com]

Harrison has been after Graham like a cheetah after an impala (as WaPo described it) outdoing him in fundraising and establishing broad national support.

Worth the watch.
Date: August 07, 2020 05:57PM
Polls in the last 10 years are the opposite of reliable. In 2014, Real Clear Politics was off from the actual election returns of Graham's opponent by over 10%.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: August 07, 2020 07:19PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Polls in the last 10 years are the opposite of reliable.

Statements like that are meaningless.

Some polls are great, some are not. I'm aware of which pollsters have good reputations, I don't post about junk polls here.

And the RCP results you linked to show the RCP average only 2% off from the final results. There was no doubt at any point that Graham was going to win that race big, I think all the polls showed that.
RCP is not a polling organization, they just average other polls.
Date: August 07, 2020 08:23PM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 08, 2020 11:34AM
To be fair, I don’t think that RCP average was off, just that they apparently had a lot of undecided/others that finally broke one way or the other.

It shows an average 18 point lead for Graham, which turned out to be a 15.5 point victory.
Date: August 08, 2020 03:48PM
pdq
To be fair, I don’t think that RCP average was off, just that they apparently had a lot of undecided/others that finally broke one way or the other.

It shows an average 18 point lead for Graham, which turned out to be a 15.5 point victory.

exactly

While it will be considered a major upset if Harrison wins, things are trending in his direction and he's got time to build more momentum before Nov. 3. A lot of people here in SC are very excited about this race and want to get rid of Lindsay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018