advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Give me your tired, your poor, your $50 asylum fee
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 08, 2020 02:17PM
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced new fees for dozens of immigration and naturalization applications, most raising at least 20%. Some fees such as the application for naturalization saw much larger increases raising 83% ($640 to $1170), other fees associated with the process saw similar increases. Fees related to contesting deportation raised more than 500%

There was one new fee, for the first time asylum seekers will be required to pay $50 for their application to be considered.

[www.yahoo.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Give me your tired, your poor, your $50 asylum fee
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 08, 2020 02:33PM
Weird stuff going on with that agency.

Historically, they run big surpluses.

They're funded by the fees that they charge. And one might reasonably assume that the problem is due to Drumpf's immigration policies -- fewer immigrants implies less income from processing fees.

But this year there is still a projected surplus. And even with the projected surplus, they requested emergency funding and raised fees, allegedly to avoid furloughs.

Where is all of their money going?

Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 08, 2020 02:38PM
Wherever there's a government income flow, there's a Trumper finagling how to redirect it.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 08, 2020 03:09PM
This agency is being weaponized. Some fees are down because they refuse to process quickly. Some are being increased as noted.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: August 11, 2020 02:10PM
Sarcany
Weird stuff going on with that agency.

Historically, they run big surpluses.

They're funded by the fees that they charge. And one might reasonably assume that the problem is due to Drumpf's immigration policies -- fewer immigrants implies less income from processing fees.

But this year there is still a projected surplus. And even with the projected surplus, they requested emergency funding and raised fees, allegedly to avoid furloughs.

Where is all of their money going?

Umm, the wall?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 231
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018