advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Waycross, GA - police investigated for firing at car carrying kids
Posted by: Wags
Date: August 09, 2020 08:51PM
Dominique Goodman Sr. said five kids -- ages 9, 12, 14, 15 and 16 -- were in the car headed back home from a local Walmart when the officer started to follow them.

According to the three youngest children, who spoke with News4Jax, the officer didn’t turn his lights on to pull them over until they had pulled into their own neighborhood near Walters and Greenwood streets.

The 12-year-old said the older teens were scared and told the three youngest kids to jump out of the car and run home to get their father, but when they got out, the officer started shooting, the girl said.

The 9-year-old told News4Jax at least seven shots were fired and one bullet whizzed by his head.

“It went past my face,” the boy said. “I could have gotten shot in my face, but they shot the swing.”

[www.news4jax.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Waycross, GA - police investigated for firing at car carrying kids
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 09, 2020 09:06PM
Guilty of running away ... because the car can’t be identified? Who trains these people?

And why did the two oldest each have a gun?
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 09, 2020 09:50PM
The gun was in the glove compacted reported in the news. The kids,supposedly, were told to run home and get help.
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 09, 2020 09:52PM
Nowhere near enough info to determine what actually happened. The driver of the car, and whoever thought it was a good idea to drive it, seemed to make a series of bad and dangerous decisions. And yes, guns? Shooting at kids running away from a car when the only infraction was failure to stop at a stop sign also sounds problematic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 09:52PM by btfc.
Date: August 09, 2020 09:54PM
There's a whole lot of conflicting info out there so far. Did each of the teens have handguns on them? Not at all clear yet. If they had a gun on display I would think they'd be dead now. Could it have been in the glove box or under the seat?

The only part of the whole narrative I tend to believe at this point is that the two teens told the siblings to run for it and get dad.
Date: August 09, 2020 09:56PM
samintx
The gun was in the glove compacted reported in the news. The kids,supposedly, were told to run home and get help.

Hadn't seen that before my last post. It is Georgia and seems like everyone's strapped.
Posted by: btfc
Date: August 09, 2020 10:04PM
Another version:

[www.wsav.com]
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 09, 2020 10:06PM
Wags
There's a whole lot of conflicting info out there so far. Did each of the teens have handguns on them? Not at all clear yet. If they had a gun on display I would think they'd be dead now. Could it have been in the glove box or under the seat?

There's very little info in the public statement.

From what I gather via various reports, the 16 year old grabbed a cop's gun when the cop drew on the 15 year old. I think the possession charges are from the same "attempt to remove a firearm from an officer" charge.

I really want to see that bodycam footage.

Date: August 09, 2020 10:18PM
His dad said the cops pistol-whipped the boy and there might be some video of that.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 09, 2020 11:14PM
Just sad. Why are the police the problem?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 10, 2020 08:01AM
Something is not being told, I hope there is video. Regardless I am glad that no one was injured or killed.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 10, 2020 10:01AM
I guess dad didn’t have “the talk” yet with his sons.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 10, 2020 10:58AM
Is there a National week for this kind of police action? Seems like it is shoot at Black kids week.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 10, 2020 12:05PM
samintx
Is there a National week for this kind of police action? Seems like it is shoot at Black kids week.
It is ALWAYS shoot at black kids week. The list of children murdered by police is very long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 187
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020