advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Chicago - seems like a mess again last night
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 10, 2020 12:27PM
If someone has real info to share, please post.

The twitter threads and the political spin is already out of hand, I have not had the time to sort out fact from fiction.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Chicago - seems like a mess again last night
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 10, 2020 12:33PM
Social media said the police killed someone. Cars filled up, got out and tensions lead to rioting.

The police didn't kill however. The killing was hyperbole or hoax, take your pick.

Everyone bemoans the violence. The criminally of it. Is anyone in Chicago stopping to ask WHY people are on edge? I'm not giving anyone a free pass here, but if smashed windows at Needless Markup is the driving concern here, I rapidly begin not to care how upset the police get.
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 10, 2020 12:37PM
A quiz.

What’s wrong with this headline?

In our paper, they used to have a “throw the cow over the fence some hay” intermittent feature. This is one of those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 12:39PM by pdq.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 10, 2020 02:11PM
Lots of Trumped up crime exploding right now.

Wonder why that's happening?

Unrest in the streets. Only I can fix it…

Get ready for it.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: August 10, 2020 02:35PM
My area wasn't as much affected as May 31, though apparently they hit the Target a block away. I'm guessing they also hit the adjacent strip center. I was awakened by sirens a couple of times, so knew something was up. I had the police scanner on this morning; mostly just aftermath and cleanup. "We've got an ATM carcass at Madison & Franklin. Any idea what bank it was pulled out of?"

This was simply spontaneous organized burglary; no pretense of protest at all—though apparently some of it was touched off by erroneous social media posts about the young man shot yesterday by police. Vehicles arriving, apparently some in caravans, and people emerging with rolling suitcases to fill up at the Mag Mile and nearby stores. I've seen pictures of an Apple Store picked clean, but can't confirm that it was actually Chicago or actually last night, or that Apple leaves merchandise on the tables when closed.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 10, 2020 04:34PM
Mr Downtown
This was simply spontaneous organized burglary; no pretense of protest at all.

Seems to be the case. Crimes of opportunity.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020