advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Friendly reminder: Plan on voting in person
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 01, 2020 09:03PM
[tennesseelookout.com]

Leave the absentee ballots to those who truly need them this year. YOU need to show up in person.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Friendly reminder: Plan on voting in person
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 01, 2020 09:08PM
deckeda
[tennesseelookout.com]

Leave the absentee ballots to those who truly need them this year. YOU need to show up in person.

That's my plan.

Can't trust USPS. I mailed a small gift to someone two weeks ago via USPS first class. It got there yesterday.

Masks and gloves seem effective enough so far that I'm pretty sure that I can get away with it. I always go early in the morning before work when there's no crowd, so nothing new there.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 01, 2020 09:11PM
Eh, I'll ask for an absentee ballot and drop it in a designated ballot box.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 01, 2020 09:23PM
We’ll vote absentee and track our ballot. If it doesn’t arrive by Election Day, we’ll head for the polls.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 01, 2020 09:40PM
California has a ballot tracking system as well, few states where this election will actually be decided offer that.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 01, 2020 10:09PM
Absolutely. If you can go to a shop or store, you can get your ass to the polls. Unless you are really at risk for some reason (but then you are not going to the stores, either).
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: September 01, 2020 10:10PM
You betcha! Plus, I'll be voting early — there is a location near me, even closer than my assigned polling place. I love early voting.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 01, 2020 10:17PM
My whole state is vote by mail. There is an official poll drop box about a block closer than the local post office.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 01, 2020 10:40PM
mrbigstuff
Absolutely. If you can go to a shop or store, you can get your ass to the polls. Unless you are really at risk for some reason (but then you are not going to the stores, either).
I haven't been in a building that wasn't my house since March. [EDIT: forgot I cat-sit one weekend for someone, whoops] I have pre-existing conditions that make me cautious as hell. I'll be putting stamps on my ballot so it goes first class, and tracking online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2020 10:41PM by $tevie.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 01, 2020 10:42PM
mrbigstuff

Bingo!!! Some of us haven't seen the inside of a store, a classroom, a workplace, or any enclosed public space for that matter, since March.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: September 02, 2020 02:36AM

I'll be putting stamps on my ballot so it goes first class, and tracking online.

My state supplies an envelope with first class postage.

Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 02, 2020 05:01AM
mattkime

This is my plan as well. I've tried to decipher the code to voting but so far, never had. I did it one year and I was practically the only one there. The next time, I repeated that, and it was jam packed. So its always been a crapshoot.

Last time, we took our daughter so she could "experience" it. The three of use waited in line for probably an hour. Not bad at all. BUT. in these pandemic times, I absolutely cannot imagine standing in that long line snaking back on itself in a small building for an hour.

Posted by: rgG
Date: September 02, 2020 08:28AM
bazookaman
mattkime

This is my plan as well. I've tried to decipher the code to voting but so far, never had. I did it one year and I was practically the only one there. The next time, I repeated that, and it was jam packed. So its always been a crapshoot.

Last time, we took our daughter so she could "experience" it. The three of use waited in line for probably an hour. Not bad at all. BUT. in these pandemic times, I absolutely cannot imagine standing in that long line snaking back on itself in a small building for an hour.

Get absentee ballots and drop in the box at our county office is our plan, too.
We usually vote early, but husband has underlying conditions and just had back surgery so standing in a line for long periods is not in the cards.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 02, 2020 12:59PM
Speedy

I'll be putting stamps on my ballot so it goes first class, and tracking online.

My state supplies an envelope with first class postage.

if it is feasible, everyone able to do so should drive to their respective outside ballot box and drop off at town/city/county offices, hopefully located right outside the building. I would not trust the post office to deliver anything at the moment.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 02, 2020 01:00PM
rgG
bazookaman
mattkime

Get absentee ballots and drop in the box at our county office is our plan, too.
We usually vote early, but husband has underlying conditions and just had back surgery so standing in a line for long periods is not in the cards.

My plan too, we get automatic vote by mail ballots and I plan to hand deliver it to a drop box at a local library close to Oct 5th when we can start to return ballots. We also have ways to check that it's been received and processed.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 02, 2020 04:06PM
I will absolutely be voting. If I can just drop my ballot off at the voting station, I will do that.

But there are very few things more important to me than making sure we do not live through another 4 years of this dumpster fire.
Date: September 02, 2020 08:08PM
bazookaman
mattkime

I’ve only had to wait more than ten minutes once and that was when Jesse “The Body” Ventura was running for governor. Our state routinely has the highest percentage of voters in presidential election years. Have fewer polling places and you will have fewer voters which is the Republican plan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020