advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Fox News' Wallace tapped to moderate first Trump-Biden debate
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 03, 2020 03:29AM
NBC's Welker gets third, C-SPAN's Steve Scully will moderate the second presidential debate and USA Today's Susan Page will moderate the sole vice presidential face-off.

[www.nbcnews.com]

NBC News’ Kristen Welker, Fox News’ Chris Wallace and C-SPAN’s Steve Scully will moderate the three scheduled presidential debates, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced Wednesday.

Welker, co-anchor of “Weekend TODAY” and NBC News White House Correspondent, will host the third and final presidential debate Oct. 22, at Belmont University, in Nashville, Tennessee, the commission announced.

Wallace, the anchor of “Fox News Sunday,” will moderate the first presidential debate Sept. 29, at Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland. President Donald Trump has frequently been critical of Wallace, regularly tweeting his dislike of the anchor.

Scully, an editor and producer at C-SPAN who hosts its well-known morning call-in show “Washington Journal,” will moderate the second debate Oct. 15, at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, in Miami, the commission said.

Susan Page, the Washington, D.C. bureau chief for USA Today, will moderate the single vice presidential debate on Oct. 7, at the University of Utah, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fox News' Wallace tapped to moderate first Trump-Biden debate
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 03, 2020 05:36AM
Fox guarding the hen house ...
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: September 03, 2020 07:56AM
And even with that the Orange One whines that none of the "journalists" from his preferred list were chosen!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 03, 2020 08:09AM
So long as the Wallace that did the recent interview shows up, and not the Faux Wallace that often appears, we are fine.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 03, 2020 08:46AM
Is 45 gonna talk about Antifa on a plane, and bags of soup, and Portland being on fire for the past 50 years? Will he even do debate prep or just wing it because "he's surrounded by stupid people" anyway.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 03, 2020 08:58AM
Trump might be so hopped up on British Sudafed this time that he throws a clot. He was pretty close in the *sniff* Hillary *stalk* debates.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 03, 2020 01:56PM
Wallace will try to get at Biden to "even the score." Guaranteed. Although he'll also come at 45 with a few questions he won't be able to answer coherently, Biden will get the brunt.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 03, 2020 03:07PM
I worry about Wallace - he's been beat up pretty bad by the far right. He might wanna try to show that he's still a righty by making things difficult for Biden, but I honestly can't see how Trump could out perform Biden in ANY scenario.

And Susan Page is awesome! Glad to see her get a super high profile gig.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 03, 2020 03:20PM
Who is the third one?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 03, 2020 04:23PM
I’d like to see the moderators present some backbone and compel Trump to remain at the podium this time. And by that I mean they should interrupt his opponent if necessary and tell Trump to not pace around the room or glower behind his challenger.

Aside from that, I’m not clear on why we “need” debates anymore. I like the idea as a classic concept far more than as implemented currently.

Y’all know that Clinton “won” all 3 in 2016, right?

That being said if Biden comes out swinging it won’t hurt. Trump likes the cheap shot and to play the woe-is-me victim, but if on the day after the press hammers him on the inevitable lies he won’t have much beyond his base and the remaining “swing” voters who have never paid attention to ANY of it a day in their life anyway.

We heard intelligent and rational Joe at the convention. We need a bit more of the ass-kicking Joe I think in the face-off. The swing voters still won’t know what any of it means but they’ll probably respond viscerally.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 03, 2020 05:06PM
I'll go one step further and say, if 45 starts to pace, that Biden challenge him to an arm wrestling match. It's completely ridiculous, but it would stop 45 in his tracks and emasculate him at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2020 05:06PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 03, 2020 07:26PM
A plastic COVID screen on either side of the candidates ought to suffice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 147
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020