advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Look out, Rachel Dolezal - Jessica Krug is coming for your crown
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 04, 2020 10:58AM
So, until recently people thought that Jessica Krug was an activist, "historian of politics, ideas, and cultural practices in Africa and the African Diaspora," and Black-Boricua college professor. Then, just as some of some younger Black Latina scholars forced some research into her background, she posted this rather nutty confession on Medium.

I'll leave you to it. My response, from a different standpoint, aligns with Michael Harriott of The Root: "Being upset about Jessica Krug’s life as a Black woman is like being angry at a man in solitary confinement because he got his own bedroom."

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Look out, Rachel Dolezal - Jessica Krug is coming for your crown
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 04, 2020 11:16AM
today a meaningless tabloid story
We have real life-threatening problems to deal with now. Can hardly be bothered with this sort of stuff.
Date: September 04, 2020 11:32AM
Forgive my failure to respect the gravity of this side of the forum, à la "Leading Tech at Work! Drone drops hundreds of bags of cannabis in Tel Aviv." RollingEyesSmiley5

rj
AKA
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 04, 2020 11:34AM
rjmacs
Forgive my failure to respect the gravity of this side of the forum, à la "Leading Tech at Work! Drone drops hundreds of bags of cannabis in Tel Aviv." RollingEyesSmiley5

because the weed story is a ridiculous joke, not unlike this one in importance
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 04, 2020 01:46PM
As long as a person isn't trying to pimp being Black, I'm cool with people like Dolezal and Krug desiring to identify as Black. Why aren't "we" flattered by this after being despised by so many for centuries?

Shaun King is a pimp. Talcum X.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 04, 2020 01:54PM
Since I'm white I'm not in any position to judge whether another person should be upset by what this other white lady did. It seems pretty awful to me; at the very least fraudulent from a professional standpoint. I'm guessing GWU will fire her.

What I'm hearing is that because racism is so prevalent in the hiring of university profs, it's beyond ironic that for a position teaching African history and culture they hire this light-skinned woman who is faking it. Who missed that opportunity (and many others) because she claimed a spot she had no right to occupy? How many of the students she mentored are horribly let down? They could have built relationships with reputable, honest people that would have lasted throughout their lives. You don't get those opportunities very often. She built relationships based on fraud.

It doesn't need to be important to a lot of people, but for a small number of people this was probably life-altering, and for others it adds more rage to the already burning fires of racial injustice, especially the behavior of white women and the harm we continue to do.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 04, 2020 01:59PM
rjmacs
So, until recently people thought that Jessica Krug was an activist, "historian of politics, ideas, and cultural practices in Africa and the African Diaspora," and Black-Boricua college professor. Then, just as some of some younger Black Latina scholars forced some research into her background, she posted this rather nutty confession on Medium.

I'll leave you to it. My response, from a different standpoint, aligns with Michael Harriott of The Root: "Being upset about Jessica Krug’s life as a Black woman is like being angry at a man in solitary confinement because he got his own bedroom."[[/b]/quote]

yeah, that seems fine with me...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 04, 2020 10:05PM
I feel as if people pretending to be Black should not be in charge of teaching to students or running organizations that are fighting racism. If you want to pretend you are Black, go do something that won't leave people feeling duped when they find out you are not. Be a visual artist or something and then you can claim it was all part of your art.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 05, 2020 06:30AM
rjmacs

He come ‘round to have his say
He trying to claim my post it have no weigh
He say my post be way too light
Crazy story about a woman no white
Crazy story about a woman no white, but I say

I shot the sheriff, but I swear it was in thread-defense
I shot the sheriff, and I say is not no capital offense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2020 06:31AM by Blankity Blank.
Date: September 05, 2020 09:47AM
Blankity Blank
rjmacs

smiley-laughing001      ftw smiley      smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 05, 2020 10:56AM
rjmacs
Blankity Blank
rjmacs

smiley-laughing001      ftw smiley      smiley-laughing001

Well done blank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020