advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
FLORIDA MAN: DeSantis wanted fans at Buccaneers games
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 04, 2020 11:12AM
nothing like tens of thousands of swaying corpses to pick up that NFL spirit!

Florida governor wanted fans at Buccaneers games
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]
The Buccaneers announced earlier this week they’d go without fans for their first two home games. If it was up to the head of their state government, they’d have thrown the doors open.

Via Steve Contorno of the Tampa Bay Times, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis expressed disappointment that there won’t be fans for those games, for fear it could create the impression they’re not ready to host the Super Bowl in February.

“I really want to be able to show that Tampa is going to be a great place to host the Super Bowl,” DeSantis said. “Showing this community is ready to host a great Super Bowl, having some fans there would’ve been a good first step. It’s not where we need to be.”

DeSantis, more than any other governor in the country, has welcomed sports to his state during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the NBA and WNBA bubbles, Florida has hosted golf tournaments and ultimate fighting events, and last weekend there were 20,000 fans at Daytona for a NASCAR event.

“I told the Bucs that whatever support you need from me you will have it to be able to do it,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis was also on hand with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross when they announced a limited capacity for their home opener (13,000 fans), eager to open up in whatever capacity.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FLORIDA MAN: DeSantis wanted fans at Buccaneers games
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 04, 2020 01:33PM
Devil goes down to Florida to meet DeSantis. Here's the deal he says. You can have the GOP convention cause Charlotte's not going to; likewise, spring breakers and summer beachgoers may not be welcomed elsewhere, _and_ you have a chance to show up those wienie Liberals. In return...

I know, you want my soul says DeSantis.

Naw, just the lives of 12,000 people in your state.

Where do I sign?!?
Re: FLORIDA MAN: DeSantis wanted fans at Buccaneers games
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 04, 2020 02:16PM
DeSantis is trying desperately to win the stupidest Governor award.
I am not sure he can beat our guy, Kemp, but he is giving it a good shot.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 191
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020