advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
White House: Training federal employees about racism is “un-American”
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 05, 2020 12:38AM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

There’s no inherent racism, and Whites may not be informed they have benefitted from racism. Identifying it = divisiveness. Thus endeth the lesson.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: White House: Training federal employees about racism is “un-American”
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 05, 2020 08:18AM
What took him so long to do this.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 05, 2020 08:19AM
RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 05, 2020 08:22AM
They're burning all the bridges to lock in their racist and white power support - by now anticipating the level of support they'll need to negate election results.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 05, 2020 08:24AM
I fully expect a War on Judaism to begin in late October.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 05, 2020 08:30AM
cbelt3

You might expect that to give Jared some degree of agita and probably would if he weren't so deeply immersed in Trump style transactionalism.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 05, 2020 10:15AM
My partner has spearheaded an antiracist committee within a federal agency for two years that is in the cross-hairs of this order. To know how much this program has meant, especially to BIPOC and women in a predominantly White male-dominated space, makes this initiative incredibly painful and infuriating.

cursing smiley

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: September 05, 2020 11:46AM
cbelt3

Why, when Republicans hold onto Jews as “useful idiots” because Israel because Symbol of Religious Fundamentalism due to them having An Entire Nation Under One (other) God, So to Speak?

I think Christians read the word “Israelites” in the Bible and there’s an instant depiction of Israel-the-Country and well, I guess the Jewishness of it all is just a thing to put up with, because Bible.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 05, 2020 12:59PM
As I say elsewhere, Trump obviously did this because it will please his base, infuriate his opponents, and in hopes that we will grab for the shiny object and forget about how he disrespects the troops. I get tired of being told things are distractions, but this is obviously a distraction.

Date: September 05, 2020 02:00PM
$tevie
As I say elsewhere, Trump obviously did this because it will please his base, infuriate his opponents, and in hopes that we will grab for the shiny object and forget about how he disrespects the troops. I get tired of being told things are distractions, but this is obviously a distraction.

True, but treating it as though it's unimportant or meaningless is a bit wrong-headed, isn't it?

Yes - it's a distraction. But it's also another material example of his willingness to cause direct harm to anyone who isn't in his thrall, because he enjoys wielding power to cause harm.

That's worthy of our attention, just as much as his spitting on the memory of our war dead.

rj
AKA
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 05, 2020 03:00PM
Right now, all I am concerned about is getting Trump out. That training can be reinstated IF Biden gets in. If Trump gets back in, that training will be the least of our worries.
The military thing is an issue that will swing voters. Federal race training, not so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2020 03:00PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Janit
Date: September 05, 2020 04:55PM
deckeda
cbelt3

Why, when Republicans hold onto Jews as “useful idiots” because Israel because Symbol of Religious Fundamentalism due to them having An Entire Nation Under One (other) God, So to Speak?

I think Christians read the word “Israelites” in the Bible and there’s an instant depiction of Israel-the-Country and well, I guess the Jewishness of it all is just a thing to put up with, because Bible.

Actually the "Israel support" from Fundamentalist Christians is deeply anti-Jewish. The Fundamentalists support Israel because the "ingathering of the exiles (the Jews) " is seen as a precondition for the second coming of Jesus. Once Jesus returns, the Fundamentalists plan to convert all the Jews to Christianity. Nothing friendly about it.
Date: September 05, 2020 08:05PM
Janit
deckeda
cbelt3

Actually the "Israel support" from Fundamentalist Christians is deeply anti-Jewish. The Fundamentalists support Israel because the "ingathering of the exiles (the Jews) " is seen as a precondition for the second coming of Jesus. Once Jesus returns, the Fundamentalists plan to convert all the Jews to Christianity. Nothing friendly about it.

Exactly. No disagreement here.
Date: September 06, 2020 01:05PM
$tevie
Right now, all I am concerned about is getting Trump out. That training can be reinstated IF Biden gets in. If Trump gets back in, that training will be the least of our worries.
The military thing is an issue that will swing voters. Federal race training, not so much.

I'll clear my posts through those who are the arbiters of newsworthiness from now on. There's a clear line about what qualifies as legitimate news these days.

rj
AKA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2020 01:07PM by rjmacs.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 06, 2020 01:33PM
rjmacs
$tevie

True, but treating it as though it's unimportant or meaningless is a bit wrong-headed, isn't it?

Yes - it's a distraction. But it's also another material example of his willingness to cause direct harm to anyone who isn't in his thrall, because he enjoys wielding power to cause harm.

That's worthy of our attention, just as much as his spitting on the memory of our war dead.

One of the many, many problems with dealing with Trump is that it’s like trying to deal with a serial killer that you know is planning to blow up another hospital or school but he keeps setting random fires.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 06, 2020 01:48PM
CA is implementing a version of this in all public schools. The Idiot is now all in a hissy fit!
Date: September 06, 2020 01:53PM
Blankity Blank
One of the many, many problems with dealing with Trump is that it’s like trying to deal with a serial killer that you know is planning to blow up another hospital or school but he keeps setting random fires.

Agreed. I'm just saying, maybe check on the folks whose houses he's burned down while we're registering voters and requesting absentee ballots. Walking, chewing gum - we Democrats have got it down. Onward to victory!

rj
AKA
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 06, 2020 11:50PM
rjmacs
Blankity Blank

Agreed. I'm just saying, maybe check on the folks whose houses he's burned down while we're registering voters and requesting absentee ballots. Walking, chewing gum - we Democrats have got it down. Onward to victory!

Onboard 101%.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020