advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Will this wretched disregard about veterans stick to The Orange Emperor?
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 05, 2020 08:57AM
It was a defining moment for me when he overtly disparaged a Gold Star family. He’s unfit for office.

Now that it’s clear he REALLY doesn’t value soldiers’ lives, will this stick?

Here’s a recent twitter thread that includes a number of reports that validate the article from The Atlantic and add more items - including one example where the current President did respect a soldier’s death. One example of the positive does not balance out all of the rest, however!

[twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will this wretched disregard about veterans stick to The Orange Emperor?
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 05, 2020 09:11AM
He’s covered with a permanent coat of 100% synthetic 5W40. Nothing sticks to him with his base.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 05, 2020 09:16AM
If it doesn’t stick, those people shrugging it off are just as bad as he is. Maybe people think the ballot box will give the response so let it ride for now.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 05, 2020 11:52AM
i think it has a better chance of having some effect given that FauxNews has joined the chorus of reports confirming the Atlantic article. 45 has called for that correspondent to be fired. it'll be interesting to see how Fox responds.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 05, 2020 11:55AM
Timing always matters. It gives anyone a chance to rationalize away cognitive dissonance. See also: pretty much all evangelicals.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 05, 2020 12:07PM
....faux......sure.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: September 05, 2020 12:27PM
Active duty military typically vote by mail. In many states, that process begins very soon.
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 05, 2020 12:30PM
It will stick if enough pressure is applied.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 05, 2020 12:31PM
graylocks
i think it has a better chance of having some effect given that FauxNews has joined the chorus of reports confirming the Atlantic article. 45 has called for that correspondent to be fired. it'll be interesting to see how Fox responds.

other pentagon reporters are saying that she's a no-nonsense reporter - that she's good at her job and reports fairly. I think she'll be fine... Trump on the other hand...

edit: also:

Seems like a good time to remind everyone that @TheAtlantic's fact checkers once challenged my belief that Lorne Michaels was eating snow peas during a meeting and later verified that he was, in fact, eating edamame. They are extremely thorough.

Chris Jones - former Atlantic writer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2020 12:38PM by hal.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 05, 2020 12:47PM
Dumbf may have seriously torpedoed his cause with this one, and it's absolutely 100% believable. He's probably said much worse when he thinks that only his sycophantic leeches are nearby.

Don't mess with the military if you really want to be a dictator when you grow up…
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 05, 2020 12:57PM
It will stick if people don't fall for the trap of him barring racial sensitivity training sessions. He's obviously done this because it will please his base, infuriate his opponents, and in hopes that we will grab for the shiny object and forget about how he disrespects the troops. I imagine Stephen Miller cooked it up because I can't see Trump having the wits to do so.

Date: September 05, 2020 01:01PM
bfd
Dumbf may have seriously torpedoed his cause with this one, and it's absolutely 100% believable. He's probably said much worse when he thinks that only his sycophantic leeches are nearby.

Don't mess with the military if you really want to be a dictator when you grow up…

This alone justifies yard signs. Do not let the military fall prey to this pretend Emperor.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 05, 2020 01:09PM
The ranks of political appointees is so thoroughly riddled with Miller wannabes that actions like this doesn't necessarily need to come from the top, they can easily emanate from agency level apparatchiks. See the Critical Race Theory thread.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 05, 2020 02:16PM
bfd
Dumbf may have seriously torpedoed his cause with this one, and it's absolutely 100% believable. He's probably said much worse...

How about this one, which I hadn’t heard about before:

A former senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, confirmed to The Washington Post that the president frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action, referring to them at times as “losers.”

In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn’t understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

smiley-shocked003
Date: September 05, 2020 02:19PM
pdq
bfd
Dumbf may have seriously torpedoed his cause with this one, and it's absolutely 100% believable. He's probably said much worse...

A former senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, confirmed to The Washington Post that the president frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action, referring to them at times as “losers.”

In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn’t understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

smiley-shocked003

Wow - that is something one cannot UNSEE. OMG. I sure hope it's hyperbole.
Posted by: Wags
Date: September 05, 2020 07:26PM
sekker
pdq
bfd

smiley-shocked003

Wow - that is something one cannot UNSEE. OMG. I sure hope it's hyperbole.

I wore a Vietnam MIA bracelet for 20 years. Screw him.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 05, 2020 08:19PM
Oh, his wife is defending him now. She is as bad as Cheeto. Melania never peeped about anything till now when I bet $$’s are at stake for her.
Date: September 05, 2020 08:23PM
samintx
Oh, his wife is defending him now. She is as bad as Cheeto. Melania never peeped about anything till now when I bet $$’s are at stake for her.

I wonder what she charges per lie?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 06, 2020 02:35AM
It won’t matter to his base. They are rabid.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 06, 2020 12:32PM
Validated by five different media outlets including Fox, AP, WaP and CNN.

And a fresh reminder that there are recordings that The Idiot called President HW Bush a ‘loser’ for being shot down during WWII.

So there’s that too.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 06, 2020 10:31PM
Speedy
It won’t matter to his base. They are rabid.

They have already dismissed it as a "known lie."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 150
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020