advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump concealed he knew Covid was very deadly
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 09, 2020 11:42AM
In Woodward’s new book RAGE:

President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

Trump's admissions are in stark contrast to his frequent public comments at the time insisting that the virus was "going to disappear" and "all work out fine."

The book, using Trump's own words, depicts a President who has betrayed the public trust and the most fundamental responsibilities of his office. In "Rage," Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump concealed he knew Covid was very deadly
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 09, 2020 11:47AM
"I'm shocked to learn this!"

-- No One, Ever

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 09, 2020 11:58AM

Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe."

"Our country" means himself to Trump.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 09, 2020 11:59AM
rjmacs
"I'm shocked to learn this!"

-- No One, Ever

exactly
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 09, 2020 12:13PM
....Trump only cares about himself......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 09, 2020 12:20PM
Learning about Trump is like looking into an abyss. There’s really nothing there.

The link, or a link, [www.washingtonpost.com]

I’ll warn the 0.0000001 % of children who read this forum that Bob Costa’s news story contains adult, 4-letter words rhyming with “duck”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 12:21PM by deckeda.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 09, 2020 12:30PM
Now he'll deny he ever said that to Woodward and the cult will again suspend disbelief and support him because they simply want to believe.
Date: September 09, 2020 12:36PM
RgrF
Now he'll deny he ever said that to Woodward and the cult will again suspend disbelief and support him because they simply want to believe.

Are t some of his book from audio tapes of the prez?
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 09, 2020 12:44PM
deckeda
Learning about Trump is like looking into an abyss. There’s really nothing there.

That's unfair to all the abysses out there. If you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. If you gaze long enough at Trump, it just makes you ill, want to vomit, and take a shower.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 09, 2020 01:52PM

barely holding in the laughter as he grifts the suckers and losers
Posted by: hal
Date: September 09, 2020 02:14PM
samintx
RgrF

get ready for the shift from 'anonymous sources = FAKE NEWS!' to 'pfft... whatever... it doesn't matter'
Date: September 09, 2020 03:00PM
The spin is he misled to protect people so they wouldn't panic...
Date: September 09, 2020 03:04PM
murderer
Date: September 09, 2020 03:19PM
samintx
RgrF

That WaPo link has audio excerpts. Denial isn’t really an option. Only a political spin remains a possibility.
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 09, 2020 03:24PM
Someday, like magic, he’ll just go away.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 09, 2020 03:27PM
deckeda
samintx
RgrF

That WaPo link has audio excerpts. Denial isn’t really an option. Only a political spin remains a possibility.

Just listened to the audio.

Dumbf does it again. Stupid is as stupid does.

Woodward does it again. Puts another crooked president in the hot seat with the crook's own words - spoken from the crook's own mouth. On tape.

Wow. Just. Wow.
Date: September 09, 2020 03:39PM
I got the sense that Trump was impressed with COVID-19, so much so that he wanted to brag at how awful it is. And then in a different setting realized he wanted to pretend the opposite ... not caring if the two stances contradicted themselves.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 09, 2020 03:54PM
deckeda
I got the sense that Trump was impressed with COVID-19, so much so that he wanted to brag at how awful it is. And then in a different setting realized he wanted to pretend the opposite ... not caring if the two stances contradicted themselves.

One was politically expedient; the other was not.

And his lack of public health decision-making was wrong at every level. If he should be fired for any reason, and there are plenty of them, it should be this one.
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 09, 2020 04:00PM
That’s not what Kayleigh “I Cannot Tell a Lie” McEnany says:

[www.newsweek.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 09, 2020 04:04PM
When Trump was hugging and kissing the flag, it became quite apparent that he thinks of his base as morons and does whatever he thinks will please them.

Date: September 09, 2020 04:45PM
What would he do in a fire or flood. Say the fire will burn out or the flood will recede. Just dog paddle or blow real hard.
Posted by: August West
Date: September 09, 2020 05:20PM

And the US has suffered indelibly.

Obligatory Nietzsche

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Date: September 09, 2020 07:13PM
good comment:
"He didn't want anyone to panic but he falsely tweets everyday about cities under being under attack etc... The hypocrisy and lies just keep coming...."
Posted by: CW2V
Date: September 09, 2020 08:07PM
So he didn't want to cause a panic by yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater... Whilst there was a fire in the crowded theater?

"We weren’t as innocent as we meant to be when we did the Martian broadcast. We were fed up with the way in which everything that came over this new magic box, the radio, was being swallowed. . . . So, in a way, our broadcast was an assault on the credibility of that machine. We wanted people to understand that they shouldn’t take any opinion predigested and they shouldn’t swallow everything that came through the tap, whether it was radio or not." - Orson Welles

CW2V
Date: September 09, 2020 08:33PM
I'm just catching up on all of this news ... just hearing about all the details of this now.

The claim of "I didn't want to panic anyone" just doesn't hold water in any way. By NOT telling us all the truth, he directly caused the death of literally thousands of Americans... how many people died because his public face was presenting this as "we've got it all under control" and "it'll magically go away on its own." (Not to mention that at the same time, he was advocating false treatments, such as hydroxychloroquine and bleach... and also remember that he was dodging the impeachment bullet in the Senate, which in retrospect may have influenced his decision to keep the truth from the public.)

If he weren't a sitting President, he would have been indicted for criminal negligence -- he SHOULD be indicted for criminal negligence, certainly after he leaves office. As terrible as what Nixon did, this is not anywhere in the same league, and at least Nixon had the good sense to resign. Truly, Trump should do the same, and let Pence deal with the mess that he's left.

Date: September 09, 2020 08:59PM
samintx
What would he do in a fire or flood. Say the fire will burn out or the flood will recede. Just dog paddle or blow real hard.

I think that blowing real hard part was already covered: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wave rider
Date: September 09, 2020 09:21PM
"I didn't want to panic anyone" = I don't want to panic Wall Street

=wr=
Date: September 09, 2020 09:22PM
The US Senator from your backyard chimes in:
Date: September 09, 2020 09:24PM
RgrF
The US Senator from your backyard chimes in:

Kennedy is one of the worst Trump apologists out there. He's occasionally done some good work, so I'll grant him credit for that, but the majority of the time... he's just regressive and representing the people of his state in the way most of them seem to want him to represent them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 09:25PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 10, 2020 07:29AM
CW2V
So he didn't want to cause a panic by yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater... Whilst there was a fire in the crowded theater?

"We weren’t as innocent as we meant to be when we did the Martian broadcast. We were fed up with the way in which everything that came over this new magic box, the radio, was being swallowed. . . . So, in a way, our broadcast was an assault on the credibility of that machine. We wanted people to understand that they shouldn’t take any opinion predigested and they shouldn’t swallow everything that came through the tap, whether it was radio or not." - Orson Welles

CW2V

Welles could never have dreamed our present reality. But he was on the right track.
Date: September 10, 2020 07:50AM
Remember the cartoon, with the wolf saying, “I will eat you.” And one sheep saying to the other sheep in the field, “I like him because he tells it like it is.”

When Trump says he’ll lie to you it’s the one thing he’s telling the truth about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020