advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Debate questions for Trump that would hurt him, but wouldn't be unreasonable to ask
Posted by: hal
Date: September 10, 2020 05:58PM
I'm sure some of you could come up with better, but I would love to see the question, 'Could you tell us about a person that you most admire that doesn't support your candidacy and why?'

Frankly, I'd like to see any candidate asked that question.

But I think Trump wild have a real problem with it because he doesn't respect ANYONE that doesn't support him so he's going to be dancing from the start.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Debate questions for Trump that would hurt him, but wouldn't be unreasonable to ask
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 10, 2020 06:03PM
"...And now to the hulking thing with the gross comb-over, anidjotsas what?"

Re: Debate questions for Trump that would hurt him, but wouldn't be unreasonable to ask
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 10, 2020 06:25PM
hal
I'm sure some of you could come up with better, but I would love to see the question, 'Could you tell us about a person that you most admire that doesn't support your candidacy and why?'

Frankly, I'd like to see any candidate asked that question.

Biden should answer "Herman Cain".
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 10, 2020 06:50PM
How do tariffs work?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 10, 2020 07:31PM
Do you prefer monetary or fiscal policy?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 10, 2020 07:50PM
Are you familiar with the 25th Amendment?
Posted by: davester
Date: September 10, 2020 07:50PM
Lemon Drop
How do tariffs work?

That'll never work...

"Tariffs work wonderfully for our country. They have brought the Chinese to their knees and have improved our trade balance. I am the very stable genius tariff man...nobody knew that using tariffs to improve our economy would work so well. Next question please".

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 10, 2020 09:56PM
Dennis S
Do you prefer monetary or fiscal policy?

I like them...equally.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 11, 2020 08:04AM
Why did you say that the Coronavirus was a Democratic hoax when you were telling Bob Woodward it was deadly serious?

If Joe Biden or another Democratic candidate were to be elected president, do you think it would be right for them to condition military aid for a foreign country on announcing investigations of their Republican rival’s family?

When you were campaigning in 2016, you said you wouldn’t have time for golfing, yet you’ve done so more often than anyone else as president, including during this pandemic. Why did you change your mind?

Whatever happened to Infrastructure week?

You’ve said - repeatedly - that you would come up with a beautiful health care plan that would cover everyone at a much lower cost than Obamacare. Where - and what - is it?

If you were going to get only the best people to work for you, why are so many now in jail?

Last campaign, you said you would release your taxes after the election. Why have you subsequently fought tooth and nail to avoid doing that?

You also said that you would balance the federal budget by this time, yet the federal deficit has tripled and the total federal debt is over 100% of GDP for the first non-wartime period in history. How - specifically - would you fix that in a second term?

Why hasn’t Mexico paid for the wall?
...I could do this all day...
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 11, 2020 08:41AM
pdq
Why did you say that the Coronavirus was a Democratic hoax when you were telling Bob Woodward it was deadly serious?

If Joe Biden or another Democratic candidate were to be elected president, do you think it would be right for them to condition military aid for a foreign country on announcing investigations of their Republican rival’s family?

When you were campaigning in 2016, you said you wouldn’t have time for golfing, yet you’ve done so more often than anyone else as president, including during this pandemic. Why did you change your mind?

You’ve said - repeatedly - that you would come up with a beautiful health care plan that would cover everyone at a much lower cost than Obamacare. Where - and what - is it?

If you were going to get only the best people to work for you, why are so many now in jail?

Last campaign, you said you would release your taxes after the election. Why have you subsequently fought tooth and nail to avoid doing that?

You also said that you would balance the federal budget by this time, yet the federal deficit has tripled and the total federal debt is over 100% of GDP for the first non-wartime period in history. How - specifically - would you fix that in a second term?

Those are nasty questions! Nasty, snarky questions. Nasty tone. You are never going to make it as a reporter. You are a failure. Fake news!

Next?

(those are all excellent questions that should be asked tho...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2020 08:42AM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 11, 2020 09:02AM
pdq

I vote pdq to be a debate moderator.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 11, 2020 09:25AM
This is reason number one why I think that the debates will be a positive for Biden; if the moderators don’t ask these questions, Biden should. There is just so much low- hanging fruit there.

Reason number two is that the usual MO of Republican presidential campaigns is to demonize the opponent, and when the few remaining swing voters see a decent, kindly (older) yet still sharp Biden for their own eyes, the Faux News spell will be broken.

Not for the Deplorables, of course. But (thank god) they remain a minority, however raucous and obnoxious.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 11, 2020 10:12AM
"Tell us about an average American whose story of pain resonated with you and your life experience; explain how helping this American's family helps your family, too."

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 11, 2020 11:47AM
hal
'Could you tell us about a person that you most admire that doesn't support your candidacy and why?'

But I think Trump wild have a real problem with it because he doesn't respect ANYONE that doesn't support him so he's going to be dancing from the start.

It's because he's a narcissist that he wouldn't have any "real problem with" that question.

And his answer would be immediate, straightforward, and exactly what his idolators would expect and applaud.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 11, 2020 12:00PM
What is the name of Barron's school teacher from last year?
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: September 11, 2020 12:20PM
When will you stop lying?

Was that last answer a lie also?

Why should you be believed after 4 years of constant lies?

=TC
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 11, 2020 06:42PM
What is the legal basis for DOJ representing you in a rape allegation case?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 231
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020