Nobel Peace Prize Nominations!

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not one, but two
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 12, 2020 08:54AM
Hi, Swampy.

Good (?) to have you back.

At least, good to know you’re still kickin”.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 12, 2020 09:03AM
One of those was a related, ‘Noble’ Prize. Check out your FB ads to see!
Date: September 12, 2020 09:33AM
Just FYI:

A nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize may be submitted by any person who [is] qualified to nominate.

It’s not exactly a stringent qualification; it includes any university professors or associate professors, a “Member of national assemblies and national governments“, and more. Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Newt Gingrich - here’s your chance to ingratiate yourself with the Donald.

So far, they’re up to 318 nominations this year.

Now, actually winning a NPP? That would be something.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: September 12, 2020 09:51AM
pdq
Just FYI:

A nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize may be submitted by any person who [is] qualified to nominate.

It’s not exactly a stringent qualification; it includes any university professors or associate professors, a “Member of national assemblies and national governments“, and more. Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Newt Gingrich - here’s your chance to ingratiate yourself with the Donald.

So far, they’re up to 318 nominations this year.

Now, actually winning a NPP? That would be something. Not none, but one. First year in office, at that.

Edit: Just had to throw a little snark into the swamp, there. Sorry, not sorry.

=TC
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 12, 2020 09:56AM
Other nominees over the years include:
Stalin
Hitler
Mussolini
Castro
Putin
and, Rush Limbaugh

[matadornetwork.com]

Good company he is keeping there.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 12, 2020 10:17AM
I can't see a man who murdered over 200,000 innocent people getting any kind of peace prize.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 12, 2020 10:31AM
"It's such an honor just to be nominated!"

His base will eat it up.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 12, 2020 10:35AM
[forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: swampy [PM] [Ignore this user]
Date: February 02, 2009 03:20PM
Spock... Having won the Nobel Prize is supposed to be some big whoop-de-doop? Spare me.

Kofi Annan, Yassar Arafat, Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Gore, Shimon Peres. Yep lotta good solid recipients.
Date: September 12, 2020 10:43AM
Ted King
[forums.macresource.com]

Spock... Having won the Nobel Prize is supposed to be some big whoop-de-doop? Spare me.

Kofi Annan, Yassar Arafat, Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Gore, Shimon Peres. Yep lotta good solid recipients.

I think we've heard the last of swampy for awhile.
Date: September 12, 2020 10:57AM
Swampy only posts every few weeks and has a blank canvas to post something pro-Trump, this is what she comes up with?
Posted by: August West
Date: September 12, 2020 11:20AM
The Swampster lives! I hope Covid doesn't kill you down in the swamplands; I keep hearing about a failed response there.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Wild eep
Date: September 12, 2020 12:02PM

smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001
Posted by: davester
Date: September 12, 2020 12:04PM
The last Trump Nobel Peace Prize nomination turned out to be forged. Since there's no basis for this one I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the same source.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: September 12, 2020 12:22PM
Did someone forge Japan's Abe's name? That rings a bell. Personally, I think I should be nominated since I didn't kill 200,000 people. That's quite an accomplishment, I you ask me.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 12, 2020 12:25PM
I would like to be the one to nominate Dennis S for the Nobel peace prize, for not having killed 200,000 people.
Who do I contact?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 12, 2020 12:39PM
S. Pupp
I would like to be the one to nominate Dennis S for the Nobel peace prize, for not having killed 200,000 people.
Who do I contact?

Consider that whoop-de-doop done!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 12, 2020 12:50PM
Just more of the same. Don't forget his attempt at forged nominations a couple of years ago.

[www.nytimes.com]

FWIW, If/When Biden wins, he's gonna get the Nobel for the same reason Obama did.

"OH THANKS BE TO DEITY HE'S NOT THE COMPLETE CHUCKLEHEAD !"
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 12, 2020 01:03PM
But, but, he moved the Embassy and put his son in law in charge of Middle East.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 12, 2020 01:06PM
Swampy: 19
Forum: 1

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 12, 2020 02:06PM
Bloodsucking pests emerge from swamp:

[news.yahoo.com]
Posted by: hal
Date: September 12, 2020 02:09PM
this thread makes me sad
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 12, 2020 02:17PM
I think this Nobel nomination is like you could nominate a ham sandwich...or have I got my stories mixed? RollingEyesSmiley5
Date: September 12, 2020 02:19PM
samintx
I think this Nobel nomination is like you could nominate a ham sandwich...or have I got my stories mixed? RollingEyesSmiley5

That is hilarious.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 12, 2020 02:28PM
Wild eep

Glad to see the eep's as wild as ever!
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 12, 2020 02:48PM
bfd
Wild eep

Glad to see the eep's as wild as ever!

For swampy, 'there is always a quote' just like 'there is always a tweet' from The Orange Emperor about Obama that applies to him now.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 12, 2020 03:22PM
didn't he get one in 2015?

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 12, 2020 05:04PM
hal
this thread makes me sad
Yeah, same here.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 12, 2020 08:13PM
Ted King
[forums.macresource.com]

smiley-laughing001

Grateful11
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2020 07:58AM
swampy, hi, how are you doing?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: swampy
Date: September 13, 2020 09:23AM
Hi, Speedy! I’m hanging in there and staying busy. Been avoiding this place because there is so little happiness or joy here. Lots of negative and sarcasm. I don’t visit here much anymore because this place is a downer and I prefer to be around positive energy. Thanks for asking and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Date: September 13, 2020 10:02AM
Things will become much more positive and full of love here in about 2 months, swampy. You should be sure and stop by then.

wink smiley
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: September 13, 2020 11:09AM
swampy
Hi, Speedy! I’m hanging in there and staying busy. Been avoiding this place because there is so little happiness or joy here. Lots of negative and sarcasm. I don’t visit here much anymore because this place is a downer and I prefer to be around positive energy. Thanks for asking and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Only for duplicitous individuals like you. You talk out of one side of your mouth poo pooing the Nobel Prize, and then turn around and praise it out the other. And that is just one example of this kind of behavior from you. You create your own hate and bring it everywhere with you. No wonder you’re such a negative person. This is not a healthy. Fix yourself and your own little bubble of a universe, and maybe you’ll have a better outlook.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 13, 2020 03:09PM
I prefer to leave Swampy on the ignored list. Had to have said something really out there in the past or the ignore wouldn't be there but actually unless I'm mistaken it was because you never post on here unless it's political.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 13, 2020 03:42PM
Grateful11
I prefer to leave Swampy on the ignored list. Had to have said something really out there in the past or the ignore wouldn't be there but actually unless I'm mistaken it was because you never post on here unless it's political.

Last non-political post was six years ago [forums.macresource.com]; and even that wasn't exactly friendly.

Since then, nothing but political. I think it was "Obamacare" that pushed her over the edge.
Date: September 13, 2020 04:02PM
Even posting only on the political side wouldn’t be bad. But more importantly, it’s that her posts are just drive by hit pieces consisting of a few words. She never follows up or engages in any discourse. All other posters, conservative or liberal around here will at least engage in some follow up dialogue. So this makes her look like she’s just coming to troll. Only a miserable hateful person would come to a Mac forum, only to troll its political section. WTH man? It’s a free country I guess (as long as you don’t violate the TOS).
Date: September 14, 2020 10:19AM
Carnos, why should I come back and “engage” with folks like you who bully and demand that I do things your way? I don’t want to come here for your abuse. No I don’t post on the other side anymore, because I haven had a need for help with Mac stuff in a long time; not because i know it all, but because I kind of quit computing after my Cancer journey. And that’s another thing, those who accused me of lying about having cancer. I’ll never forgive that, but you probably thought it was funny.

Date: September 14, 2020 01:04PM
Sounds like a typical excuse for trolling. You got called out on it, and now your accusing everyone of being a bully because you can’t defend your post.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 14, 2020 01:50PM
swampy
I prefer to be around positive energy.

What do you think about Trump referring to military members as suckers and losers?

Wasn't your late ex-husband a Vietnam vet?

What do you think of Trump equating his NYC sexcapades with what soldiers in Vietnam went through?

Or is ignoring all of this (which is totally in line with how Trump speaks and acts) what you mean by "positive energy."

As a veteran, I find it disgusting.
Date: September 15, 2020 07:22AM
I don’t need to defend my post. Trump has been nominated for two Nobel prizes. Fact.

Trump never referred to soldiers as losers. There are 20 people, including some who are
Not Trump fans (Michael Bolton) who say he did not say it and 4 UNNAMED SOURCES who have accused him.

Yes, my late husband was a helicopter pilot and served three tours on Nam.

Have not heard about sexcpades. Link?

I don’t like some of the stuff Trump says or tweets, but I do approve of the things he has accomplished and his promises kept.

I don’t need to troll this forum. I’ve been here since the DealMac days.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 15, 2020 08:55AM
Bolton said that he never heard him say it. Not that he didn't say it.

Big difference.

People heard him say it. It is consistent with his ethos (if there's no money in it, it's for losers). It's consistent with his abuse of veterans and gold star families.

Before the 2016 campaign, Trump occasionally talked about Vietnam with radio host Howard Stern, who often joked about his own imaginary exploits in the war. In two separate interviews during the 1990s, Trump compared trying to avoid sexually transmitted diseases on the dating scene to “my personal Vietnam."

“It’s pretty dangerous out there,” he said in 1993. “It’s like Vietnam.”

He added in 1996: “I feel like a very great and very brave soldier."

But you can relax and dismiss it, since it's the WaPo, even though it's Trumps own words.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

As a veteran, I find it disgusting.
Date: September 15, 2020 10:31AM
"trump has been nominated for two Nobel Prizes. Fact."

NOT A FACT.

Read this, swampy, and then apologize for wasting everyone's time and insulting everyone's intelligence.

[www.google.com]
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 15, 2020 10:38AM
Those links are to articles written in 2018.
Date: September 15, 2020 12:28PM
RgrF
Those links are to articles written in 2018.

Thanks. Time is passing so fast, I conflated the recent nomination by the right-winger to the older forgeries.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 15, 2020 02:06PM
swampy
Not Trump fans (Michael Bolton) who say he did not say it and 4 UNNAMED SOURCES who have accused him.

Not sure why Michael Bolton would have any info in this.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Are you referring to John Bolton, who Trump describes as a “Wacko” and “made up of lies & fake stories”.

[twitter.com]

So should we believe everything Bolton has had to say, or none of it? Is he credible, or not?

Here's part of what he actually said “I can’t prove the negative that he never said those things. The president has a habit of disparaging people. He ends up denigrating almost everybody that he comes in contact with whose last name is not Trump.”
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 15, 2020 02:33PM
Now the Dept. of Justice is investigating Bolton for possible crimes against the state, based on the contents of his book.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 15, 2020 02:45PM
"Crimes against the state" - from where have we most often heard that accusation before?
Date: September 15, 2020 03:12PM
swampy
Having won the Nobel Prize is supposed to be some big whoop-de-doop? Spare me.

swampy
I don’t need to defend my post. Trump has been nominated for two Nobel prizes. Fact.

Yes, yes you do. Why did you disparage the Nobel Prize in one post, and then turn around and excitedly boast about it in another (especially when one of the two nominations you’re boasting about was a forgery and therefore never happened....you did say two, gonna still insist it’s two swampy?)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020