Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“I always try to play it down”, and so do minions
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 12, 2020 09:22AM
Two items:

Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19

The [HHS’s] politically appointed communications aides have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly scientific reports charting the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, in what officials characterized as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals.

... emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials openly complained that the agency’s reports would undermine President Donald Trump's optimistic messages about the outbreak.

..."Nothing to go out unless I read and agree with the findings how they CDC, wrote it and I tweak it to ensure it is fair and balanced and 'complete.'" [says the non-scientist Trump minion]

One can assume he means the Faux News type of “fair and balanced”.

Sad to see the scientists buckle under. This administration corrupts everything.

Item 2 - a local angle:

In an email apparently intended for his GOP colleagues Friday, Rep. Jon Koznick, R-Lakeville, wrote, “a friendly reminder (as discussed in caucus) to stay on message IF you speak today — COVID issues are not our winning message. PUBLIC SAFETY is our ticket to the majority, let’s win with that.”

...Democrats at the [Minnesota state] Capitol said the threat of COVID-19 remained a substantial threat in Minnesota and they called on Republicans to take the issue seriously.

Good luck w that. That doesn’t comply with Trump’s pretend-it-doesn’t-exist position, so they’ve been demanding all schools to be face to face, the Big 10 to hold a full football season, and the governor’s emergency powers to end so they can block all Covid restrictions on businesses.

Fortunately, they’ve been ignored so far.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 213
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018