advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Dakotas, Iowa still highest Covid rates in nation
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 12, 2020 11:18PM
...and they seem to have spiked after mid-August and a certain motorcycle rally. WHAT a surprise.

Coronavirus infections in the Dakotas are growing faster than anywhere else in the nation, fueling impassioned debates over masks and personal freedom after months in which the two states avoided the worst of the pandemic.

... Over 1,000 students at the states' four largest universities (the University of North Dakota, North Dakota State University, South Dakota State University and University of South Dakota) left campus to quarantine after being exposed to the virus, according to data released by the schools. The Sturgis rally also spread infections across the region, with health officials in 12 states reporting over 300 cases among people who attended the event.

But requiring masks has been controversial. In Brookings, opponents said they believed the virus threat was not as serious as portrayed and that a [mask] mandate was a violation of civil liberties.

RollingEyesSmiley5

“There are a lot of things we have in life that we have to deal with that cause death,” business owner Teresa Holloman told the council. “We live in America, and we have certain inalienable rights.

I’m sure you’ve heard of the 2nd-and-a-half amendment, which states “I ain’t wearing no f’in mask and you can’t make me!”

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum [R] and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem [R squared] have resisted mask requirements... [the latter] saying she doubts a broad consensus in the medical community that they help prevent infections.

Ah. Another one that’s smarter than those darn infectious disease experts.

BTW, if you click through to the story, read the caption on Noem’s photo. Apparently SD got $1.25B in Federal Covid relief funds, which have to be used for Covid-related expenses. Noem says they’ll use it to pay law enforcement (...to...umm...ticket people found wearing masks?)

There is a real battle for America going on now, but it seems to be between the rational majority and the idiots.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dakotas, Iowa still highest Covid rates in nation
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 13, 2020 12:33AM
Iowans have nicknamed Gov. Kim Reynolds, who mandated all schools must open for in-person instruction, "Covid Kim" and "The Kim Reaper". Also, they're calling body bags "Reynolds Wrap".

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2020 07:56AM
AllGold
Iowans have nicknamed Gov. Kim Reynolds, who mandated all schools must open for in-person instruction, "Covid Kim" and "The Kim Reaper". Also, they're calling body bags "Reynolds Wrap".

smiley-shocked003

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DevoBill
Date: September 15, 2020 08:28AM
I was in SF yesterday. About 80% wear masks. At the stores, and businesses I went to all the employees wear them. the only place the customers were not masked was Fire House, but it's difficult to eat a sub with a mask on you face. KARE 11 as always, is so very objective in their "news" reporting. LOL!

I want ambiguity, or possibly something else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018