advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Oh.My.God. The CDC is planning “sedition”?!
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 14, 2020 04:02PM
Michael Caputo, top Trump communications official at HHS, on video to Trump’s supporters:

...said career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

... “You understand that they’re going to have to kill me, and unfortunately, I think that’s where this is going,” Mr. Caputo, a Trump loyalist installed by the White House in April, told followers in a video he hosted live on his personal Facebook page.

nuts smiley

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.”

nuts smiley nuts smiley

He then ran through a series of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede.

“And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said.

smiley-shocked003

I can hardly believe that we’ve come to this - that a top administration official is literally stark raving mad, and no one in the administration or the GOP is going to do anything about it.

If you can, you ought to read about this, and hear that there are “hit squads training all over the country” - gah, I just can’t...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh.My.God. The CDC is planning “sedition”?!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 14, 2020 04:04PM
i beatcha by 1 minute!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: September 14, 2020 04:07PM
Yep, but this one deserves repeating.

This is just nuts!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 14, 2020 04:08PM
pdq
Yep, but this one deserves repeating.

This is just nuts!

i know. as i read the article i couldn't believe someone didn't run in, cover his mouth, and drag him from the room.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 14, 2020 04:22PM
Caputo used to be an advisor to Putin. You idiot Republican voters are going to deserve what you're fixing to get.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 14, 2020 05:41PM
Dennis S
Caputo used to be an advisor to Putin. You idiot Republican voters are going to deserve what you're fixing to get.

"Caputo moved to Russia in 1994, after the fall of the Soviet Union, and was an adviser to Boris Yeltsin. He worked for Gazprom Media in 2000 where he worked on improving the image of Vladimir Putin in the U.S. He moved back to the U.S. and founded a public relations company, and then moved to Ukraine to work on a candidate's campaign for parliament."

"After returning to the U.S., Caputo was called by his former mentor Roger Stone..."
Date: September 14, 2020 08:09PM
I can hardly believe it. I'm not a psychiatrist, but this guy at a high level of the current administration (and serving as a communications director!) appears to legitimately undergoing a paranoid psychotic break, and it doesn't even appear on the evening news.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum. This is freaking me out.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 14, 2020 08:31PM
It's not much of a leap from garden-variety Republican to bat-@#$%& crazy psychotic breakdown.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 14, 2020 08:51PM
Some reporter really needs to ask Kayleigh McEnany to comment on these remarks, and if they reflect the administration's position.

And maybe preface it by reminding her of her promise "I will never lie to you".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 08:53PM by GGD.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 14, 2020 09:05PM
GGD
And maybe preface it by reminding her of her promise "I will never lie to you".

I think the reporters preface every news briefing with that.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: September 15, 2020 04:03PM
HHS spokesperson Michael Caputo weighing medical leave or resignation after issuing paranoid armed insurrection warning: report

Caputo told HHS staffers that his series of false accusations on Facebook Live this weekend — which included unfounded allegations that the Centers for Disease Control was harboring a “resistance unit” — reflected poorly on HHS’ communications office.

Gee, d’ya think?

Three people with knowledge of Caputo's decision-making confirmed that he was mulling stepping aside as the department’s assistant secretary for public affairs to take medical leave.

I’m guessing this was not his idea. The very fact that the WH put out a supportive statement on this guy after his tirade was shocking, but perhaps there are also one or two people in the Trump administration who understood how bad this was.

The Politico article also drily mentioned the following:

Caputo also disputed anonymous White House criticism about his mental health — saying that some of his comments have been taken out of context — and concluded the meeting by encouraging his staff to listen to music by the Grateful Dead.

HHS declined to comment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018