advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Russian rubbish or real?
Posted by: abevilac
Date: September 14, 2020 05:14PM
Have you seen this posting on FB? It unfortunately makes sense to me.

A cautionary tale:

The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:

“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the @#$%& still has a relatively strong established presence.

They don't give a @#$%& what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period.

He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it.

The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.

If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's @#$%& liberals, that's pretty much it.

Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?

Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. @#$%& liberals is the only relevant thing.

Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about.

That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a @#$%& about whatever the conversation is about.

It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.

That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever.

@#$%& liberals.

Look at the issue with not wearing the masks.

I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness.

And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred.

And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me.

Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness.

Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness.

They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.

Kindness = weakness. Honesty = weakness.

Compromise = weakness.

They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do.

They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.

Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”

(By Mark Falge)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russian rubbish or real?
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 14, 2020 05:37PM
Makes me want to leave and go somewhere else to live, but where.
Where is a kinder, gentler, better educated place, that might let some old foggies in?

So, so sad. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: davester
Date: September 14, 2020 05:57PM
rgG
Where is a kinder, gentler, better educated place,

New Zealand!

rgG
that might let some old foggies in?

Oh, wait.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: September 14, 2020 06:29PM
Makes sense of seemingly senseless behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 06:30PM by S. Pupp.
Date: September 14, 2020 06:37PM
davester
rgG
Where is a kinder, gentler, better educated place,

New Zealand!

rgG
that might let some old foggies in?

Oh, wait.

Yep. Over 55 so no go for NZ
cry smiley

Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 14, 2020 07:37PM
There are only a half dozen countries that will allow you in today - none are any better than living in the Ozarks. (speaking of which, Ozark is a pretty good Netflicks series)
Date: September 14, 2020 08:09PM
RgrF
There are only a half dozen countries that will allow you in today - none are any better than living in the Ozarks. (speaking of which, Ozark is a pretty good Netflicks series)

I am willing to wait till after November. grinning smiley

Also Ozark was actually filmed here in GA. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 08:10PM by rgG.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 14, 2020 08:10PM
Thinking about Costa Rica.
Date: September 14, 2020 08:12PM
pdq

Would be a good option, if they ever open back up to us.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 14, 2020 08:13PM
pdq

We were in Chile for a few months in 2015. We met a woman from Iowa who, along with her retired airline captain husband, had moved there because of our then-current president. She was one very crazy woman.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 08:34PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 14, 2020 08:29PM
My friend and his wife moved to Panama last January.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 14, 2020 09:09PM
abevilac
“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the @#$%& still has a relatively strong established presence.
(By Mark Falge)

I had to quote this to find what the forum censored. It was the
K
K
K

not the Lu Lux Lan, but just the three letters.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 14, 2020 09:22PM
re: the facebook post beginning this thread

I'm glad to see supply of street home brew oxycontin has not been interrupted by the plague. That is one stoned rave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018