Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Totally under control. New comic today
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 15, 2020 06:49AM
[www.insider.com]

New cartoon out about our prez and Covid knowledge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 06:55AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Totally under control. New comic today
Posted by: Sam3
Date: September 15, 2020 07:11AM
I started tearing up at the end. Not tears of sorrow, but tears of anger, of frustration.

Those in charge of the Senate are not Republicans, they are Trumpist RINO's. Republicans would have pushed to have Republican President George W. Bush's pandemic playbook enacted.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 15, 2020 07:50AM
Things are getting worse yet the cult will continue to back Pres. Trump to their deaths.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 15, 2020 08:04AM
Thanks for the link. That was great.

Edit: You know, one of my markers of the right-wing mindset is my elderly FIL, who sits and watches Faux News all day. When the Covid projections first came out, he was enraged. “200,000 dead? In my day, that would be called warmongering!”

Still not quite sure what he meant by that, but of course now we’re a few days from 200K and the projections are now double that. And sadly, he now grasps the situation more than our president and many of his supporters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 08:09AM by pdq.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 15, 2020 09:02AM
pdq

Edit: You know, one of my markers of the right-wing mindset is my elderly FIL, who sits and watches Faux News all day. When the Covid projections first came out, he was enraged. “200,000 dead? In my day, that would be called warmongering!”

Still not quite sure what he meant by that, but of course now we’re a few days from 200K and the projections are now double that. And sadly, he now grasps the situation more than our president and many of his supporters.

But, no doubt, he still backs the president.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 15, 2020 10:05AM
Speedy
pdq

But, no doubt, he still backs the president.

Oh of course. Sends Trump money too.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 15, 2020 10:57AM
pdq
“200,000 dead? In my day, that would be called warmongering!”

Still not quite sure what he meant by that...

Given the tRumpian propaganda generators, he might have meant the Chinese have killed 200,000 Americans.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 15, 2020 04:35PM
I worry we place blame on conservatives, when one of yesteryear’s progressive administrations (Wilson, if you ignore the racism ... ) ignored the last major pandemic altogether. His own life-altering flu experience caused him to roll over and give in to France after WWI, which did the world no favors by helping create a WWII.

People not only forget the past, they can’t or won’t give it credibility when presented with evidence and the benefit of hindsight. Arguments today about sending kids to school, how it’s “safer,” or “better” for them and so on ... exact same scenarios played out 100+ years ago, but it’s not enough to change behaviors today.

We marvel at what some countries have done to tackle COVID-19; I have doubts that we as a country could have done similar regardless of who was in office.

Don’t interpret that in any way as letting today’s officials off the hook. Let’s just say that I feel Dems have so far been “lucky” to not have been in majority power to enact the austerity measures of a full lockdown. They would have been eviscerated, with someone very much like Trump being elected this year.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 15, 2020 04:53PM
In fairness, Woodrow Wilson was not functioning as President for the last 18-24 months of his term. Policy was being decide by his wife Edith (the first female President) aided and abetted by a few Cabinet secretaries.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018