advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Wolf Blitzer and Nancy Pelosi in a knock-down drag-out fight on CNN
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 13, 2020 04:21PM
Wow!

They are really ripping each other over the stimulus negotiations.

Hopefully, I can find a video to post in a while.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wolf Blitzer and Nancy Pelosi in a knock-down drag-out fight on CNN
Date: October 13, 2020 04:46PM
[www.rawstory.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 04:47PM by AllGold.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 13, 2020 05:11PM
She's having none of what he's serving.
Date: October 13, 2020 06:06PM
More.

[www.yahoo.com]

[www.cnn.com]

[www.axios.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 06:08PM by AllGold.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 13, 2020 06:15PM
Props to both on that exchange.
==
Date: October 13, 2020 06:18PM
I enjoyed the Ro Khanna and Andrew Yang bits.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 13, 2020 07:51PM
Not sure what Wolf was trying to say? Pelosi was saying the details REALLY matter?

I think I trust her to know the politics better than a CNN pundit.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 13, 2020 08:12PM
Wolf was obnoxious as hell.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 13, 2020 08:17PM
Wolf was saying, "just get some money into peeps hands...."

Nancy was saying, "great idea Wolf, but the GOP is kneecapping the deal at the expense of the peeps that need the most help, while enriching their cronies...."

and Wolf was saying, "but something in peeps hands is better than nothing, pretty much at whatever the cost at this point...."

and Nancy was saying, "you f'ing idiot Wolf, it makes no political sense to do any deal that doesn't cover all the bases, or at least most of the bases that need covering.... so that while it would be nice to get the dough out the door, we can't just do it at any cost; the bigger picture has to accomplish enough overall needs to be worthwhile, otherwise it's a nonstarter.... you'd know better if you were a 30 year elected offical instead of a TV talking head....."

That was pretty much the gist of it.
==
Date: October 13, 2020 09:24PM
Good analysis, Buzz.

I have seen a somewhat contentious interview with Pelosi from Judy Woodruff on the PBS NewsHour, but it wasn't nearly this heated and Judy made it clear she was just playing devil's advocate to allow Pelosi to explain her positions. I'm not sure that was the case with Wolf, however.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 13, 2020 09:31PM
AllGold
Good analysis, Buzz.

I have seen a somewhat contentious interview with Pelosi from Judy Woodruff on the PBS NewsHour, but it wasn't nearly this heated and Judy made it clear she was just playing devil's advocate to allow Pelosi to explain her positions. I'm not sure that was the case with Wolf, however.

I agree, good analysis Buzz.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 13, 2020 10:17PM
Wolfie's shark jumping can be traced directly to his "Shock and Awe" presentation.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 13, 2020 10:44PM
Ted King
AllGold
Good analysis, Buzz.

I agree, good analysis Buzz.

thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 14, 2020 12:30AM
I would have very much liked to have seen Pelosi spend less time talking about how the negotiators know more than the public, press and even her fellow congress people, and more time dissecting the differences in the respective plans.

Resting on the laurels of being a ‘skilled’ elected official with 30 years experience is a very shaky perch, given what those ‘skills’ have allowed this country become in just shy of four agonizingly long years.

Of course I expect the Republican plan will have holes big enough to drive a truck through, but clarify why these shortcomings can’t be battles for another day, while the critical problems people are facing at this very moment are addressed.

There seems to be a disconnect between the need to apply a tourniquet to keep the patient from bleeding out before we even get to the bottom of the hill, and carefully repairing the wound so they’ll be able to play the violin again.

I accept that there may be reason for digging in heels, but with the cupboards going bare, I’d like the unabridged version of why that needs to be the case.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 12:38AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 14, 2020 07:37AM
He was effective in Kuwait but that fame that lead to the office job didn’t bring about any corresponding considerations for just how different the role is. He’s still shouting from a war bunker somewhere like it’s 1990-91.

Wolf takes a narrative that’s attractive and amps it to 11, without context. He’s the opposite of investigative and well-read, nor would he “go after” politicians to see where exactly the money’s spent. Grifters and side deals flourish with talking heads like him around.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 14, 2020 08:24AM

Resting on the laurels of being a ‘skilled’ elected official with 30 years experience is a very shaky perch, given what those ‘skills’ have allowed this country become in just shy of four agonizingly long years.

That's my feeling at these moments, even if i really respect the authority and significance that comes along with the tenure. Dems really have to make the case, to differentiate and say why they are the better team to root for. It's no longer a given, esp since the electorate now comprises such a huge percentage of unenrolled (independent) voters.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 14, 2020 10:48AM
mrbigstuff

That's my feeling at these moments, even if i really respect the authority and significance that comes along with the tenure. Dems really have to make the case, to differentiate and say why they are the better team to root for. It's no longer a given, esp since the electorate now comprises such a huge percentage of unenrolled (independent) voters.

The right hoisted Nancy for the "we've got to pass it to see what's in it" quip back in the ACA. And there's a kernel of truth in the attack. The quip does have the ring of an insult to the intelligence of the electorate. We're not all deplorable.
Posted by: Dazed & Confused
Date: October 14, 2020 11:42AM
This is sort of related. I mean, no need to help starving people in food lines in eminent risk of eviction come January 2021 while you have a fridge full of ice cream & chocolate galore.

From April, Nancy Pelosi's famous "Let them eat ice cream" tone deaf moment:

[www.youtube.com]

Note: This is not an endorsement for any political candidate, it's just to show how our politicians are so out of touch with the American population. Gotta love the commentary from Krystal & Saagar. They absolutely nail it & stick the landing.

D & C
Date: October 14, 2020 12:55PM
mrbigstuff

I agree. I recommend just voting for Trump. He's done a fine job compared to the previous Democrat, who clearly effed up this nation. Right?
Date: October 14, 2020 12:56PM
Dazed & Confused
This is sort of related. I mean, no need to help starving people in food lines in eminent risk of eviction come January 2021 while you have a fridge full of ice cream & chocolate galore.

From April, Nancy Pelosi's famous "Let them eat ice cream" tone deaf moment:

[www.youtube.com]

Note: This is not an endorsement for any political candidate, it's just to show how our politicians are so out of touch with the American population. Gotta love the commentary from Krystal & Saagar. They absolutely nail it & stick the landing.

D & C

How ridiculous is this statement? A 10 out of 10.
Date: October 14, 2020 12:57PM
Blankity Blank
I would have very much liked to have seen Pelosi spend less time talking about how the negotiators know more than the public, press and even her fellow congress people, and more time dissecting the differences in the respective plans.

Of course I expect the Republican plan will have holes big enough to drive a truck through, but clarify why these shortcomings can’t be battles for another day, while the critical problems people are facing at this very moment are addressed.

There seems to be a disconnect between the need to apply a tourniquet to keep the patient from bleeding out before we even get to the bottom of the hill, and carefully repairing the wound so they’ll be able to play the violin again.

I accept that there may be reason for digging in heels, but with the cupboards going bare, I’d like the unabridged version of why that needs to be the case.

WTF are you even talking about? Read the bill and the responses to the bill and make another statement.
Date: October 14, 2020 02:56PM
"How ridiculous is this statement? A 10 out of 10."

Did you watch the video? C'mon now, Pelosi bragging about her supply of chocolate while eating her $12 (for a half pint) ice cream sitting in front of her dual $24,000 commercial grade refrigerators while 20 million Americans are unemployed is the true definition of 'tone deaf'. Those same Americans are in food lines and in danger of being evicted in January.

Nancy won't negotiate on the new stimulus as it plays into the Dems chances of winning both the Senate & White House. If the GOP caves in to her demands it's a victory for her. She can say "Look what I've done for the country" and wave the flag. If the GOP doesn't cave in many, many voters will be unhappy (as well as unemployed, hungry & worried about a roof over their heads) and vote for her party. She wins either way. If people go to bed hungry and are evicted they are just 'collateral damage' to her strategy of winning both Senate & White House. But hey, let them eat ice cream.

Jeez...

D & C
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 14, 2020 02:58PM
They're all playing politics with the pandemic.
Date: October 14, 2020 03:51PM
"They're all playing politics with the pandemic."

And here I had thought all along the Democratic Party was a party 'for the people'. Silly me...

D & C
Date: October 14, 2020 03:54PM
I think the only valid criticism of Nancy in this case is that she doesn't explain the issues with the bill in a way that normal people and outsiders can understand. Maybe it's because she's wrapped up in it constantly and knows all about it and forgets that others don't know the intricacies.

Posted by: Acer
Date: October 14, 2020 04:14PM
When Nancy was done with her ice cream, she went to work and has had a second stimulus bill on the table since May, right there with a stack of passed legislation as long as your arm, waiting for the Senate to even read.
Date: October 14, 2020 04:35PM
Dazed & Confused
"How ridiculous is this statement? A 10 out of 10."

Did you watch the video? C'mon now, Pelosi bragging about her supply of chocolate while eating her $12 (for a half pint) ice cream sitting in front of her dual $24,000 commercial grade refrigerators while 20 million Americans are unemployed is the true definition of 'tone deaf'. Those same Americans are in food lines and in danger of being evicted in January.

Nancy won't negotiate on the new stimulus as it plays into the Dems chances of winning both the Senate & White House. If the GOP caves in to her demands it's a victory for her. She can say "Look what I've done for the country" and wave the flag. If the GOP doesn't cave in many, many voters will be unhappy (as well as unemployed, hungry & worried about a roof over their heads) and vote for her party. She wins either way. If people go to bed hungry and are evicted they are just 'collateral damage' to her strategy of winning both Senate & White House. But hey, let them eat ice cream.

Jeez...

D & C

Using something "totally irrelevant" to define Pelosi's approach to her job makes what kind of sense? How can you believe this? This is what for some reason what you want to believe. Fukkin Ice cream? Are you serious?
Date: October 14, 2020 04:41PM
Wolf has an agenda. He flogged the same thing today.

Posted by: August West
Date: October 14, 2020 04:57PM

Using something "totally irrelevant" to define Pelosi's approach to her job makes what kind of sense? How can you believe this? This is what for some reason what you want to believe. Fukkin Ice cream? Are you serious?

I'm with vision on this one, and I did watch the video. It was a segment on a late night show, and the commentator used the term "limousine liberal" right at the top. Seriously weak sauce as a cite.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 14, 2020 06:49PM
vision63
Blankity Blank

WTF are you even talking about? Read the bill and the responses to the bill and make another statement.

” Read the bill and the responses to the bill and make another statement.”
Could you be more full of yourself?

Give a reply that sounds like you’re interested in a civil discussion and doesn’t sound like a pompous conservative caterwauling on Twitter and maybe I’ll get back to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 06:51PM by Blankity Blank.
Date: October 14, 2020 09:22PM
Blankity Blank
vision63
Blankity Blank

” Read the bill and the responses to the bill and make another statement.”
Could you be more full of yourself?

Give a reply that sounds like you’re interested in a civil discussion and doesn’t sound like a pompous conservative caterwauling on Twitter and maybe I’ll get back to you.

It's all outside the ballpark and it doesn't even sound like you wrote it. Are you taking days off?
Date: October 15, 2020 01:18PM
Well, here's my final thoughts/responses on this as I sign off on this subject. I realize folks will not agree with me, I'm fine with that. Let's just 'agree to disagree' without getting mad, frustrated or annoyed at one another. Seriously. Please. We all have more in common then what we disagree on, just remember that. Moving on...

"When Nancy was done with her ice cream, she went to work and has had a second stimulus bill on the table since May..."

And on the table is where it sits as both sides let millions of Americans suffer. Both the GOP & Dems are to blame (for political purposes), no one side is the better for it. So what has been gained? The two sides are very close in many respects on this stimulus package. I believe a deal could be made (and would've been done already) if not for the upcoming election. Politicians playing politics while millions of Americans struggle, go figure huh?

"Using something "totally irrelevant" to define Pelosi's approach to her job makes what kind of sense? How can you believe this? This is what for some reason what you want to believe. Fukkin Ice cream? Are you serious?"

Well, you might not have read my comments when I linked to the YT video with Nancy showing off her expensive ice cream & lavish display of chocolate. In part, I wrote "...it's just to show how our politicians are so out of touch with the American population." Note I wrote "our politicians", so I meant both the GOP & Dems. And yes, I do honestly believe that many (not all) of those in DC are out of touch with the every day struggles of many Americans. It's one of the many reasons why Trump got elected in the first place. Andrew Yang said it best; "Trump isn't the problem, he's a symptom of the problem."

"I'm with vision on this one, and I did watch the video. It was a segment on a late night show, and the commentator used the term "limousine liberal" right at the top. Seriously weak sauce as a cite."

I guess we both saw this differently. I watched a 'tone deaf' politician being criticized for her actions which I feel were justified. The Limousine Liberal comment by Saagar was just icing on the cake, or in this case whip cream on the ice cream.

Lastly, I tend to agree with this viewpoint from Kyrstal & Saagar regarding this interview:

Krystal and Saagar: Pelosi MELTS DOWN Live on CNN When Pressed On Stimulus Game Playing

[www.youtube.com]

Finally, I'll repeat what I wrote above on why Nancy won't budge anymore:

Nancy won't negotiate on the new stimulus as it plays into the Dems chances of winning both the Senate & White House. If the GOP caves in to her demands it's a victory for her. She can say "Look what I've done for the country" and wave the flag. If the GOP doesn't cave in many, many voters will be unhappy (as well as unemployed, hungry & worried about a roof over their heads) and vote for her party. She wins either way. If people go to bed hungry and are evicted they are just 'collateral damage' to her strategy of winning both Senate & White House. But hey, let them eat ice cream. FYI, I think the GOP are fools for not accepting the Pelosi stimulus deal. It will be one (of the many) reasons they lose the Senate. Losing the White House to Biden is a foregone conclusion, now the GOP will have lost it all. Idiots.

Now get out there and vote and celebrate with a bowl of ice cream,
D & C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2020 01:29PM by Dazed & Confused.
Date: October 15, 2020 04:00PM
Dazed & Confused
Well, here's my final thoughts/responses on this as I sign off on this subject. I realize folks will not agree with me, I'm fine with that. Let's just 'agree to disagree' without getting mad, frustrated or annoyed at one another. Seriously. Please. We all have more in common then what we disagree on, just remember that. Moving on...

"When Nancy was done with her ice cream, she went to work and has had a second stimulus bill on the table since May..."

And on the table is where it sits as both sides let millions of Americans suffer. Both the GOP & Dems are to blame (for political purposes), no one side is the better for it. So what has been gained? The two sides are very close in many respects on this stimulus package. I believe a deal could be made (and would've been done already) if not for the upcoming election. Politicians playing politics while millions of Americans struggle, go figure huh?

"Using something "totally irrelevant" to define Pelosi's approach to her job makes what kind of sense? How can you believe this? This is what for some reason what you want to believe. Fukkin Ice cream? Are you serious?"

Well, you might not have read my comments when I linked to the YT video with Nancy showing off her expensive ice cream & lavish display of chocolate. In part, I wrote "...it's just to show how our politicians are so out of touch with the American population." Note I wrote "our politicians", so I meant both the GOP & Dems. And yes, I do honestly believe that many (not all) of those in DC are out of touch with the every day struggles of many Americans. It's one of the many reasons why Trump got elected in the first place. Andrew Yang said it best; "Trump isn't the problem, he's a symptom of the problem."

"I'm with vision on this one, and I did watch the video. It was a segment on a late night show, and the commentator used the term "limousine liberal" right at the top. Seriously weak sauce as a cite."

I guess we both saw this differently. I watched a 'tone deaf' politician being criticized for her actions which I feel were justified. The Limousine Liberal comment by Saagar was just icing on the cake, or in this case whip cream on the ice cream.

Lastly, I tend to agree with this viewpoint from Kyrstal & Saagar regarding this interview:

Krystal and Saagar: Pelosi MELTS DOWN Live on CNN When Pressed On Stimulus Game Playing

[www.youtube.com]

Finally, I'll repeat what I wrote above on why Nancy won't budge anymore:

Nancy won't negotiate on the new stimulus as it plays into the Dems chances of winning both the Senate & White House. If the GOP caves in to her demands it's a victory for her. She can say "Look what I've done for the country" and wave the flag. If the GOP doesn't cave in many, many voters will be unhappy (as well as unemployed, hungry & worried about a roof over their heads) and vote for her party. She wins either way. If people go to bed hungry and are evicted they are just 'collateral damage' to her strategy of winning both Senate & White House. But hey, let them eat ice cream. FYI, I think the GOP are fools for not accepting the Pelosi stimulus deal. It will be one (of the many) reasons they lose the Senate. Losing the White House to Biden is a foregone conclusion, now the GOP will have lost it all. Idiots.

Now get out there and vote and celebrate with a bowl of ice cream,
D & C

I watched the video. I don't know why you would trust anything coming out of their mouths. This stimulus has been negotiated down to the nub. Pelosi and McNuchin (however you spell thatbitches name) were negotiating right up to the moment Trump pulled him back. What was being considered is nothing like what was passed in the actual Hero's 2 bill. She's trying to avoid another corporate bonanza.
Date: October 16, 2020 12:53AM
Pelosi and the House had a $3T bill sitting on Mitch's desk since May. Mitch and the Senate want $0. In fact, Mitch and the Senate will not even come to the table to negotiate. That's why it was left up to Mnuchin. The Senate won't come to the table and Trump wants to give people something but Trump is not speaking to Nancy Pelosi, so he sends Mnuchin. Even if Mnuchin and the Dems come to an agreement, it still requires the Senate and there's no guarantee they will go for it.

So the Dems came down to $2.2T and Mnuchin is stuck on $1.8T but with a bunch of handouts for rich people. Again, the Senate wants $0 but word is they tentatively offer $500B.

If you read the comments on that Hill video it's all Nancy's fault and she is pure evil. She wanted $3T and would come down to $2.2T, so why is she the villain?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 133
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020