advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
GOP Massachusetts governor says he won't support Trump
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 14, 2020 07:14PM
GOP Massachusetts governor says he won't support Trump

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R), one of President Trump’s most vocal Republican critics, said Wednesday that he will not support the president when it comes to the November election.

The governor demurred on the question earlier Wednesday when asked by reporters, saying “I haven’t decided yet,” according to a Boston-area NBC affiliate. In a statement later in the day, communications director Lizzy Guyton said more definitively the governor would not support Trump.

“The governor cannot support Donald Trump for president and is focused on seeing Massachusetts through the pandemic," Guyton said. "He’ll leave the election analysis to the pundits.”

Baker previously criticized the president for refusing to commit to a peaceful transfer of power following the election, prompting Trump to attack him as a “RINO,” or Republican in Name Only.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GOP Massachusetts governor says he won't support Trump
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 14, 2020 09:20PM
He's having an interesting month. Last week someone broke into his Swampscott house while his wife and daughter were there, claimed he was delivering something to Charlie.

Good thing the Michigan governor didn't have Charlie Baker's crack security team.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 14, 2020 10:22PM
Forget about sinking, the rats have gotta get off the ship now before it implodes.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 15, 2020 07:38AM

The governor demurred on the question earlier Wednesday when asked by reporters, saying “I haven’t decided yet,”

In other words, "When I saw Biden leading in polls in states like Georgia & Texas, I figured it was safe to come out against him."
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 15, 2020 10:55AM
Lux Interior

The governor demurred on the question earlier Wednesday when asked by reporters, saying “I haven’t decided yet,”

In other words, "When I saw Biden leading in polls in states like Georgia & Texas, I figured it was safe to come out against him."

Classic Baker the Faker. Or, more apropos, the fence sitter. Still, I'll give him credit for saying it out loud. He's going to have a democratic opponent in the next election, and probably a female, so he's trying his best to position himself for the suburban white woman vote.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 15, 2020 12:47PM
He didn’t say it out loud. He lied when asked if he’d support Trump when he said that he hasn’t made up his mind. It’s freaking October.

And then, as cowards do, allowed a spokesperson to later provide his answer, along with and “I don’t care” excuse that pundits could just have it.

This is not a person brave enough to defend his positions, if he even has any.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 15, 2020 01:19PM
It's true that he didn't say it, but it's just a matter of delivery: it will have the same effect and was just damage control. But not voting for Biden means nothing really. Again, it's so he can say that he didn't vote for the drumpf to the suburban voters, who are his base.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 15, 2020 05:13PM
My how our standards have fallen if we consider this 'brave.'
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 16, 2020 07:31PM
I liked Baker already, but I very much enjoyed this 5 minutes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020