Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Chris Christie was in the ICU for 7 days
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 15, 2020 07:10PM
He released this statement.

[www.cnn.com]

I am happy and fortunate to inform you that I have recovered from COVID-19.
Before this good news, however, I spent 7 days in the Intensive Care Unit of Morristown
Medical Center to get treatment and insure this good result for me and my family. I want to
thank the doctors and nurses for their skillful and compassionate care. I want to thank the
manufacturers of Remdesivir and the Eli Lilly monoclonal anti-body cocktail for giving me
access to their extraordinary treatments. I am confident that all of those factors contributed to my
good health today.
When you have seven days in isolation in an ICU though, you have time to do a lot of thinking. I
did and have come to the following conclusions:

I believed that when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone,
due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day. I was wrong. I was
wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not
to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the President and the rest of the
team. I hope that my experience shows my fellow citizens that you should follow CDC
guidelines in public no matter where you are and wear a mask to protect yourself and
others.

Having had this virus, I can also assure those who have not had it of a few things. It is
something to take very seriously. The ramifications are wildly random and potentially
deadly. No one should be happy to get the virus and no one should be cavalier about
being infected or infecting others.

But as a former public official, I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who
understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility that I know them to be. I have also
concluded that like much else in 2020, that the virus is governed by our two dominant
political and media extremes: those who believe there is nothing to this virus and those
alarmists who would continue to close down our country and not trust the common sense
of the American people. Both are wrong. This is not an either/or proposition. The public
health consequences of ignoring the virus and the responsible safeguards that we need to
take will be additional illness and death caused by COVID-19. The public policy
consequences of continuing to shut down or re-shut down our country will be further
economic devastation to families, even more loss of education by our students and the
continuing loss of life through the drug abuse, suicide and depression caused by taking
away people’s ability to support their families. There is another way.

Every public official, regardless of party or position, should advocate for every American
to wear a mask in public, appropriately socially distance and to wash your hands
frequently every day. At the same time, we should be reopening in every corner of this
nation under these guidelines. Reopen all those places which have taken the brunt of
these shutdowns and allow our country to get back to a life where citizens can support
their families using common sense. Even during a contentious election year, we must
trust the American people with the truth. I believe that these two steps can bring our
country together while our pharmaceutical companies invent the therapeutics and
vaccines which will rid us of this virus.

While we may seem very divided today, I do believe we can use this public health tragedy to
bring us together. It is never too late to start. It will take leadership that both challenges and
trusts the American people. After all, we are America, the world’s greatest hope.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Chris Christie was in the ICU for 7 days
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 15, 2020 07:22PM
amazing what a close encounter with the grim reaper will do. But it is safe to assume that he won't be on Trump's Christmas card list.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 15, 2020 07:31PM
If only we had a coordinated national effort instead of 50 state efforts. If only...

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 15, 2020 07:39PM
Although Chris recommends most the right things, he is still advocating society opens wide. France has a message for you Chris.

=wr=
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 15, 2020 07:48PM
We need somebody to sue Cheeto, even if he's immune, or sue peeps close to him and force him to farcically pardon them and raise the ire of the public even more.

This is way, way, way too far out of hand.
==
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 15, 2020 07:59PM
....and the world was good and peaceful and nice for 7 days.....and then.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 15, 2020 08:11PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/15/french-police-search-officials-homes-coronavirus-inquiry
Buzz
We need somebody to sue Cheeto, even if he's immune, or sue peeps close to him and force him to farcically pardon them and raise the ire of the public even more.

This is way, way, way too far out of hand.
==

The French have laws that apply to this very subject. Today French police were searching offices and residences of ministers who were in charge of government response to the initial phases of COVID. Seems under French law they can be charged with "involuntary homicide or injury and endangering" if found to be derelict in their public duties.

Two formal investigations are under way into the French government’s response to Covid-19 – one administrative and one criminal – looking into French ministers’ and officials’ handling of the crisis.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 15, 2020 10:21PM
So...the part we heard about him going to the hospital as merely "precautionary"...was a load of bs. Shocking. Glad he as a person of privilege got the best care and the most cutting-edge pharmaceuticals. Too bad about the other uncountable people who didn't, and won't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 15, 2020 10:32PM
SteveO
So...the part we heard about him going to the hospital as merely "precautionary"...was a load of bs. Shocking. Glad he as a person of privilege got the best care and the most cutting-edge pharmaceuticals. Too bad about the other uncountable people who didn't, and won't.

I'm trying to understand the timeline, he announced on 10/3 that he was checking himself in, and on 10/10 that he was released.

So if he was in the ICU for 7 days, it was almost the entire time. Were they tying up an ICU bed that wasn't called for, or did he go from ICU directly to discharge? Something doesn't seem right.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 15, 2020 10:33PM
Dumbf only likes people who don't actually get sick from Covid-19…
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 15, 2020 10:58PM
GGD
SteveO

I'm trying to understand the timeline, he announced on 10/3 that he was checking himself in, and on 10/10 that he was released.

So if he was in the ICU for 7 days, it was almost the entire time. Were they tying up an ICU bed that wasn't called for, or did he go from ICU directly to discharge? Something doesn't seem right.

Exactly. You don't go from icu to walking out. And reports that he was talking on his phone? Also doesn't happen in icu.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 15, 2020 11:06PM
So he, too, had treatments that at least 90% of other patients don't have access to, Remdesivir and a monoclonal antibody cocktail.

Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 16, 2020 03:28AM
In the overall picture, it doesn't seem that he learned too much. Yippie! He's advocating mask usage and social distancing! But then he calls for opening everything back up, as if schools can actually social distance when kids are crowded in the hallways or in lunch rooms. I'm sure that we can be totally safe when bars and restaurants are at full capacity and all patrons take their masks off to eat and drink. I'm sure all are so responsible that they immediately put a mask back on when moving around. NOT!

He really still doesn't get it.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 16, 2020 06:25AM
mrbigstuff
And reports that he was talking on his phone? Also doesn't happen in icu.

All that it means is that he wasn't on a vent. He could have had assisted breathing and there's no reason why he wouldn't have a phone in there.

Date: October 16, 2020 01:58PM
Sarcany
mrbigstuff

All that it means is that he wasn't on a vent. He could have had assisted breathing and there's no reason why he wouldn't have a phone in there.

Been to an icu? Or in one? No phones.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 16, 2020 07:26PM
mrbigstuff
Sarcany
mrbigstuff

Multiple times this year.

They allowed cell phones and had phones as well as call-buttons and TV controllers coming from the wall for each bed, just like regular hospital rooms.

They even had a courtesy charging station in the waiting room around the corner from the ICU.

They did have signs requesting that visitors silence cell phones before entering the ICU to avoid disturbing patients.

I think some hospitals still ban cell phones from ICUs due to the pervasive myth that cell phones can interfere with medical equipment. But I'm pretty sure that most don't anymore.

Posted by: vision63
Date: October 17, 2020 07:05AM
Bastard is lucky to be alive and is still trying to get everybody else killed.
Date: October 17, 2020 11:25AM
Sarcany
mrbigstuff
Sarcany
mrbigstuff

Multiple times this year.

They allowed cell phones and had phones as well as call-buttons and TV controllers coming from the wall for each bed, just like regular hospital rooms.

They even had a courtesy charging station in the waiting room around the corner from the ICU.

They did have signs requesting that visitors silence cell phones before entering the ICU to avoid disturbing patients.

I think some hospitals still ban cell phones from ICUs due to the pervasive myth that cell phones can interfere with medical equipment. But I'm pretty sure that most don't anymore.

Well, if one is well enough to use a phone, one is no longer in the icu. You'll be wheeled out into a regular room if you have the ability to use a phone. So, Mr Christie perhaps got special treatment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 11:27AM by mrbigstuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020