advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ben Sasse (R-NE) pretends to get out of the Trump canoe
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 16, 2020 01:10PM
He is soooo troubled these days.

“The debate is not going to be, ‘Ben Sasse, why were you so mean to Donald Trump?’” Mr. Sasse said, according to audio obtained by The Washington Examiner and authenticated by The New York Times. “It’s going to be, ‘What the heck were any of us thinking, that selling a TV-obsessed, narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?’”

Hm. You know, that thought has occurred to others, too. Odd that it's just occurring to you three weeks before the elections, Mr. Sasse.

He argued that Mr. Trump had “careened from curb to curb” as he sought to respond to a pandemic that has claimed more than 217,000 American lives this year.

“He refused to treat it seriously,” Mr. Sasse said. “For months, he treated it like a news-cycle-by-news-cycle P.R. crisis.”

Why, yes he did. That he did. For...uh...many, many months, now, actually.

“The way he kisses dictators’ butts,” Mr. Sasse said...He continued: “The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor.”

Mr. Trump “mocks evangelicals behind closed doors,” he added. “His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He’s flirted with white supremacists.

...the same way he "flirted" with Jean Carroll in that Bergdorf Goodman dressing room 30 years ago.

...“I’m now looking at the possibility of a Republican blood bath in the Senate, and that’s why I’ve never been on the Trump train,” he said.

In other words, he was just fine with Trump (in fact is still just fine with Trump) despite all that, but the one thing he cannot abide is losing Senate majority power in 18 days, so don't blame me, Nebraskans.

barf smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ben Sasse (R-NE) pretends to get out of the Trump canoe
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 16, 2020 01:16PM
Ah, Judas, you'd better be content with threshing that wheat back home.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 16, 2020 03:52PM
Gosh, talking about people behind closed doors? Tell us more, Ben. Like for example, how different your voting record is compared to all the things Trump and your fellow senators wanted. Or, about all those times you publicly disagreed with the president?

Early on, he wrote a book and was the darling of the NPR crowd desperate to see if there was a Normal Republican left on Congress. Today, he’s sailing into reelection, and praying to plant seeds for 2024. He’ll ask you to please pay attention to the pretty talk and ignore the behavior.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 16, 2020 04:19PM
Sasse
Date: October 16, 2020 04:37PM
As my BIL reminded me today, he was of course one of the senators that voted to acquit Trump without even calling allowing witnesses in the “trial”.

That sure showed some spine, Ben.
Posted by: hal
Date: October 16, 2020 05:10PM
pdq
As my BIL reminded me today, he was of course one of the senators that voted to acquit Trump without even calling allowing witnesses in the “trial”.

That sure showed some spine, Ben.

excellent point - proof that he wasn't even the slightest bit curious about Trump's behavior.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 16, 2020 06:22PM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 17, 2020 12:11AM
Ben Sasse remains the Mitt Romney of Susan Collinses: He talks a good game but generally falls into line with Trump when called on to cast a vote.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 17, 2020 11:43AM
Perhaps we will see more rats leaving the sinking ship in days to come.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 17, 2020 12:53PM
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 17, 2020 01:41PM
He can get out and vote against Barrett. And be FOR a new stimulus bill.
Date: October 17, 2020 04:59PM
sekker
He can get out and vote against Barrett. And be FOR a new stimulus bill.

ROTFL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020