advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
VOTED today!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 16, 2020 03:12PM
On my way to a one of the big voting centers, I noticed election signs at a local community center. Turned around, parked, masked up, gloved up and walked right in.

Walked out 5 minutes later.

Sanitizer at the exit door.

I'm in Texas. I will usually vote Green or Libertarian since the Statewide Dems don't stand a chance, while the City and County are 70% Blue.

Not this time.
Democrat all the way down.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: VOTED today!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 16, 2020 03:54PM
Thanks for being blue this time.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 16, 2020 04:11PM
Blue on you!!!
Thanks for voting and hopefully making a difference.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: lost in space
Date: October 16, 2020 04:17PM
Go Blue!

Dropped off three household ballots at the neighborhood official dropoff box. The most important election I've voted since I started voting in 1967.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 16, 2020 04:32PM
Rolando
... I'm in Texas. I will usually vote Green or Libertarian since the Statewide Dems don't stand a chance, while the City and County are 70% Blue.

I wonder how many others have voted Green or Libertarian over the years, thinking their preference couldn’t win.

What you did today still wasn’t easy, in light of where you are. Take it from a Dem who has lived in GA and TN recently. Mine are ALWAYS the protest vote when voting Democrat.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 16, 2020 05:20PM
Rolando

Yay!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 16, 2020 05:25PM
Rolando
Thank you so much. <3

Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: October 16, 2020 05:30PM
Mailed my blue ballot earlier in the week. I will be watching the website closely over the next few days to make sure it was received. (here in Orange County, California)
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 16, 2020 05:48PM
SKYLANE
Mailed my blue ballot earlier in the week. I will be watching the website closely over the next few days to make sure it was received. (here in Orange County, California)

Yay!
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 16, 2020 06:08PM
Thank you for going Blue this time.

I really hope we do see a Blue Wave this November. Lord knows, we need it.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 16, 2020 06:35PM
2000 was pretty damned important but almost nobody that voted understood ahead of time how bad it was going to get. I knew Cheney was evil but not truly how bad he was.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: October 17, 2020 03:16AM
I'm hoping that when this is all over, we can understand 2016 as kind of the year of the low information voters, and that this time around it won't be.

One thing that is interesting is that even in the most Republican of states (Ala, Miss, etc) there are areas that send a Democrat to congress, and even for these solidly red states, there are still at least 30 or 40 percent of the voters polling as supporting the Democrat. Places like Texas and Georgia now show the Democrats and the Republicans within 3 points of each other for this election. You are not alone if you live there. Not only that, the demographics are changing. By the time the U.S. next hosts the Olympics, the face of the nation will have changed substantially.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 17, 2020 10:20AM
I'm in Kansas this week. I got my Absentee Ballot in the mail on Tuesday. boink smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 181
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020