advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Democracy on the line just south of Atlanta
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 16, 2020 03:52PM
Monday i drove by the polling place just to scope it out and couldn’t even get into the parking lot. Today not so bad. Was there about 50 minutes total. The had a queue set-up like at TSA in one of the gyms in the Rec Center and moved people to the voting room in groups of ten.

i had a couple of pics but i couldn't get them to export to 500kb for the forum upload section.

My son and I usually go to the poll together but since he’s working two jobs right now he’s voting absentee and i’ll drive his ballot to the a drop box. Actually, they even had a ballot drop off box at this early voting location. for the primary there was only one for the entire county at the election board building.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 04:36PM by graylocks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Democracy on the line just south of Atlanta
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 16, 2020 04:08PM
What a joke. Just the act of voting is a strike for justice. Too much to worry about.
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 16, 2020 04:09PM
Glad you “Got ‘Er Done“!
Good job!

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 16, 2020 04:35PM
Meanwhile, I can deposit cash into a machine anywhere in America and it’s in my account.

Honestly, it’s a miracle the U.S. has lasted this long.

Glad you had success today!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 16, 2020 04:59PM
Congrats - glad it was not too much hassle, but still it shouldn't be this hard.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 16, 2020 08:07PM
I saw a video someone posted to FB showing a line in Suwanee (sp?) that was about a 1/3 mile long.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 16, 2020 08:09PM
mrbigstuff
I saw a video someone posted to FB showing a line in Suwanee (sp?) that was about a 1/3 mile long.

Bet it was from Monday which was the first day of early voting. Lots of glitches needed working out.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: October 17, 2020 03:01AM
This was a true service to freedom and democracy. Thank you. And yes, it shouldn't be so hard. The next step is for your party to watch every step of the process of moving and counting the ballots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020