advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
FOX NewsHeadline: More than 370K Pa. mail-in ballots not accepted because most were duplicates
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 16, 2020 08:45PM
Proof that the Democrats are trying to steal the election? Let’s take the trouble to click on the linked story (underline mine):

“Pennsylvania has cast off hundreds of thousands of applications for mail-in ballots ahead of the 2020 election, because of confusion about the process.

About 372,000 requests were rejected, as reported by ProPublica on Friday, largely because many of them, about 90%, were duplicates. Overall, one out of every five requests for mail-in ballots are being rejected, according to the publication.

The main reason? Many people who voted during the June primaries may have already checked a box to request a mail-in ballot for the November election.”

This was the FOX News lead headline until it was moved to the number 2 story a short while ago. Read on:

[www.foxnews.com]

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 08:47PM by Ammo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FOX NewsHeadline: More than 370K Pa. mail-in ballots not accepted because most were duplicates
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 16, 2020 10:11PM
Bad ballot design story worth a read (not about Pennsylvania):

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Missed a race? Forgot to sign the envelope? Picked too many candidates?

You may be the victim of bad ballot design — and it could mean your vote won’t count.

“Every year we seem to have one or two big, horrible problems that make the news,” said Whitney Quesenbery, executive director of the Center for Civic Design, the go-to organization for creating voter-friendly election materials. But even if your county ends up being that county, you don’t have to let the ballot trip you up.

Now that you’ve figured out where, when and how to vote, watch out for these common pitfalls as you fill out your ballot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: FOX NewsHeadline: More than 370K Pa. mail-in ballots not accepted because most were duplicates
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 16, 2020 10:29PM
In Ohio, a Printing Company Is Overwhelmed and Mail Ballots Are Delayed
www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-ohio-a-printing-company-is-overwhelmed-and-mail-ballots-are-delayed/ar-BB1a6HF1

"Midwest Direct is owned by two brothers, Richard Gebbie, the chief executive, and James Gebbie, the chairman. This summer they began flying a Trump 2020 flag above Midwest Direct’s headquarters on the west side of Cleveland. It was a curious juxtaposition — a company in the business of distributing absentee ballots through the mail showing a preference for a president who has spent months denigrating the practice of voting by mail."

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 17, 2020 08:31AM
Don’t forget the myriad “applications “ we have gotten in Ohio for Mail in ballots. All from Republicans, and all for the registered Democrats in the household. And all fake... if you Mail them in you don’t get a ballot.

Full press voter suppression in Blue states and battleground states.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 08:31AM by cbelt3.
Posted by: abevilac
Date: October 17, 2020 08:42AM
I’m now from Pennsylvania and I voted in the primary and did request a mail in ballot for November. I received that ballot and it’s sitting unopened in my kitchen. I’m going to vote in person (with N95 mask) and I will take along unopened mail in ballot for on site return. I’ve been told that should work. I want my vote to be counted quickly on Election Day.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 17, 2020 01:21PM
abevilac
I’m now from Pennsylvania and I voted in the primary and did request a mail in ballot for November. I received that ballot and it’s sitting unopened in my kitchen. I’m going to vote in person (with N95 mask) and I will take along unopened mail in ballot for on site return. I’ve been told that should work. I want my vote to be counted quickly on Election Day.

Maybe shred it or deface it first, so there are no hijinks after you drop it off? Unopened and pristine, seems like it could be misused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 01:23PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 17, 2020 01:35PM
I mailed my PA ballot in via USPS. Thanks to online tracking, I know it got to the board of elections within 24 hours. I know it was received and passed secrecy envelope and signature tests.

In the primary, Ms. Acer missed the secrecy envelope. They send the materials back to her, and she was able to turn it in at the election site and vote in person. The voting sites know what to do with it. Just bring it. This ain't the country's first rodeo when it comes these matters. Like the post office, the politicians may be making bank on FUD, but the folks in the trenches who have bee doing this for years have our backs.

As for the OP, of whether or not you checked the box to get a ballot for every election back in the midst of a COVID-crazy Primary...sorry, but we're all human and keeping track of such a small thing is nearly impossible as the rush of daily life flies by. That's why they have the system to assure there's no duplicates in place.

Modern civilization is built on record keeping. We've been relying on it since the clay tablet was invented. A system that weeded out the duplicate ballot requests, inadvertent or malicious, is functioning exactly as we expect it to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 01:38PM by Acer.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 17, 2020 01:37PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 01:37PM by Acer.
Posted by: abevilac
Date: October 17, 2020 10:01PM
Acer
I mailed my PA ballot in via USPS. Thanks to online tracking, I know it got to the board of elections within 24 hours. I know it was received and passed secrecy envelope and signature tests.

In the primary, Ms. Acer missed the secrecy envelope. They send the materials back to her, and she was able to turn it in at the election site and vote in person. The voting sites know what to do with it. Just bring it. This ain't the country's first rodeo when it comes these matters. Like the post office, the politicians may be making bank on FUD, but the folks in the trenches who have bee doing this for years have our backs.

As for the OP, of whether or not you checked the box to get a ballot for every election back in the midst of a COVID-crazy Primary...sorry, but we're all human and keeping track of such a small thing is nearly impossible as the rush of daily life flies by. That's why they have the system to assure there's no duplicates in place.

Modern civilization is built on record keeping. We've been relying on it since the clay tablet was invented. A system that weeded out the duplicate ballot requests, inadvertent or malicious, is functioning exactly as we expect it to.

Thanks, Acer that’s what I was planning on and I too thought the OP was an example of the system working perfectly. I do remember checking the box before the primary about whether I wanted to receive a mail-in ballot for November but then we received a number of solicitations all summer long asking about whether we wanted a mail-in for November. It is easy to believe that people innocently requested twice.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 17, 2020 10:22PM
cbelt3
Don’t forget the myriad “applications “ we have gotten in Ohio for Mail in ballots. All from Republicans, and all for the registered Democrats in the household. And all fake... if you Mail them in you don’t get a ballot.

Full press voter suppression in Blue states and battleground states.

Truly shameful. What does the Ohio Sec. of State and Atty. General have to say about that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 227
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020