advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
A gentle reminder...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 17, 2020 05:08PM
... that, as an example, in my state, it's currently estimated that 57% will vote for OD. [www.270towin.com]

... should I then come to the conclusion that over half of my state's residents are, well, insane?

Remember that we have to live / deal with these folks after the results of the election, whatever those results turn out to be.

I hope that if (when) Biden wins, we can somehow undo all the propaganda and programming that's been done... I would describe it as akin to cult deprogramming, because good luck trying to convince these folks that OD is anything other than Jesus.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A gentle reminder...
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 18, 2020 12:47AM
Trumpism is a religion, not a political ideology. His followers don't really care about politics, they are looking to be "saved."
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 18, 2020 08:36AM
I see that there's already been lots of talk of deprogramming:

[medium.com]
[www.marketwatch.com]
[artsfuse.org]
[www.realclearpolitics.com]
[newrepublic.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 19, 2020 04:15AM
PeterB
... that, as an example, in my state, it's currently estimated that 57% will vote for OD. [www.270towin.com]

... should I then come to the conclusion that over half of my state's residents are, well, insane?

Remember that we have to live / deal with these folks after the results of the election, whatever those results turn out to be.

I hope that if (when) Biden wins, we can somehow undo all the propaganda and programming that's been done... I would describe it as akin to cult deprogramming, because good luck trying to convince these folks that OD is anything other than Jesus.

Not until a new Fairness Doctrine gets implemented and Fox News and right-wing radio like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, etc. go away. That is the propaganda generating machine that needs to be destroyed.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020