advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump/Pence = Nixon/Ford, v.2?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 17, 2020 06:43PM
What are the odds that after the Great Blue Wave of 2020®™ takes out the Grifting Obfuscating Decepticon in the White House on November 3RD,
that the Goofy Orange Doofus pulls a Tricky Dick and resigns shortly thereafter...

to give Puppet Pence ample time to pardon him for all the crimes he'll finally plead to, so that when his foe, Sleepy Joe, takes over, Le Gran Cheeto will essentially be untouchable ? ? ?

(and therefore won't leave the country after all, like he promised???)

==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump/Pence = Nixon/Ford, v.2?
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 17, 2020 06:47PM
Just further write in the history books cheeto’s crappy character and deeds.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 17, 2020 06:59PM
His main legal troubles are in New York State. They're unpardonable. It's why he officially moved to Florida. He would have to be extradited and he thinks he can lawyer his way out of that.

Now he casually "jokes" that he might move out of the country. He knows what he's up against. He will blow this country up before he goes down.

"He will kill us all."
~kate mckinnon
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 17, 2020 07:04PM
If there is a President Pence, he can only pardon federal crimes.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: hal
Date: October 17, 2020 07:19PM
Filliam H. Muffman
If there is a President Pence, he can only pardon federal crimes.

...and why would he want to? With Trump out of the way, the party is his. If Trump is pardoned, he will continue to Tweet from the sidelines. And when that happens, ANYBODY might be a target - even the guy that just gave you a get of jail free card. Best for Pence to turn on Trump at that point.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 17, 2020 07:55PM
They've already thrown in the towel. They've changed the 60 day notice period for changing/dropping regulations to 30 days. In some cases they are ignoring even the 30 day notice and declaring emergency status on everything from abolishing the interstate trucker driving hour limits to dismantling employee safeguards to ravishing virgin protected forests.

The dismantling list is way too long to detail here, it's obvious they intend to go out throwing hand grenades and laying land mines throughout the entire Federal government establishment.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 18, 2020 12:07AM
I daydreamed about this a couple of weeks back. I somehow imagined that President Pence, in a fit of decency, goes on National TV, tells about the "deal" he cannot in his heart keep. He declines to Pardon former President Trump and resigns immediately.

"I have already transmitted all evidence to Speaker Pelosi, who will be taking the Oath of Office immediately. Before my God and my country, I apologize for my sins and crimes

"Goodnight and God Bless America"

EDIT: Yeah, not gonna happen.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2020 12:08AM by Rolando.
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 18, 2020 01:51PM
Rolando
I daydreamed about this a couple of weeks back. I somehow imagined that President Pence, in a fit of decency, goes on National TV, tells about the "deal" he cannot in his heart keep. He declines to Pardon former President Trump and resigns immediately.

"I have already transmitted all evidence to Speaker Pelosi, who will be taking the Oath of Office immediately. Before my God and my country, I apologize for my sins and crimes

"Goodnight and God Bless America"

EDIT: Yeah, not gonna happen.

Add this twist: Trump proactively pardons Pence in order to get the promise of a pardon. After Trumps's resignation, Pence declines to pardon Trump and walks away scott-free.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 18, 2020 04:23PM
I'm liking these later variations better....
startrek58startrek59startrek61startrek62startrek64startrek69angry villagers smileysmiley-gen013thumbsup smileypunch smiley
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020