advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Well past midnight, and the fears about this election are like shadow monsters on the bedroom wall.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 18, 2020 07:47AM
Hopefully this will pass.

But at this moment, I don’t like what I see of Trump. I see a con man that smells a mark who’s a day late and a dollar short of keeping himself from getting taken for every last dime.

I think he knows all the pieces are just about in place. All his goons and stooges and cons and heists are in play.

The courts that count are in his pocket. He’s got all his cronies cowed by the no neck mob of supporters he’s created. The democrats have long since taken their best shot and couldn’t close even after he’d screwed their daughter, stolen the silver and peed in the kitchen sink for almost three years.

Everybody will know, on some level, that he’s stolen the election, but they won’t be able to do a damn thing about it. Because he’s bought the right people and nobody who really can get him out has the stomach to really flip the table on the game and name him for crimes and say, ‘no further’.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Well past midnight, and the fears about this election are like shadow monsters on the bedroom wall.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 18, 2020 08:27AM
Those shadow monsters have loomed for the last four years. Even when 45 is tossed out the damage done will last for decades especially in the realms of judicial appointments and industrial deregulation.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Re: Well past midnight, and the fears about this election are like shadow monsters on the bedroom wall.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 18, 2020 09:15AM

The democrats have long since taken their best shot and couldn’t close even after he’d screwed their daughter, stolen the silver and peed in the kitchen sink for almost three years.

I half-disagree. The dems can't concede a close election. The legal battle afterword will be as important as getting people to vote in the first place.

I do fear violence in some places. I think we'll find out how many of those those that work forces also burn crosses basically everywhere int he country. It'll be a surprising number.

If you feel he he's winning, just remember this as a man who's blown and squandered EVERYTHING in his life. He'll f this up too.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 18, 2020 09:33AM
Gun sales are way up in my otherwise peaceful town in MN. I sure hope this isn’t foreshadowing the End.
Date: October 18, 2020 10:38AM
The democrats definitely have to keep fighting tooth and nail.

Get out every vote. Get every vote counted that they can. Be bulldogs in the courts.

Schemes like this can potentially unravel like a cheap suit if the right thread is pulled. Lots of the cogs in the machine are the ‘D’ students and the shortcut takers. They’re big, loud, brash, do lots of damage, but they are vulnerable at almost every point in the game.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 18, 2020 11:30AM
Four years ago today:

Date: October 18, 2020 11:56AM
This was before the FBI Director broke all protocols and released that he was about to re-open an investigation into her emails.

That’s led to a 1-2% jump for The Idiot, and a 30% chance at victory for the GOP.

Keep in mind, HC was living the ‘blue wall’ idea too.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 18, 2020 12:01PM
He's telling people he may have to leave the country. That does not sound like a man about to take a last stand, it sounds like the coward and con man he is.

My guess is Russia, by the way.
Date: October 18, 2020 12:03PM
RgrF
Four years ago today:

QFT
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 18, 2020 03:18PM
sekker
This was before the FBI Director broke all protocols and released that he was about to re-open an investigation into her emails.

That’s led to a 1-2% jump for The Idiot, and a 30% chance at victory for the GOP.

Keep in mind, HC was living the ‘blue wall’ idea too.

Expect a similar jump for OD when he announces that a safe, effective vaccine has been developed. (Remember, it doesn't matter in the least if he's lying through his teeth... all that matters is that some people believe him and that it causes the absolute maximum chaos right before the election.)

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: October 18, 2020 03:42PM
Honest to God, I don't know how I'm going to stay sane between 1) now and the election, and 2) between the election and January. I've never had this much anxiety about an election in my 64 years.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 18, 2020 04:00PM
prymsnap
Honest to God, I don't know how I'm going to stay sane between 1) now and the election, and 2) between the election and January. I've never had this much anxiety about an election in my 64 years.

I'm actually beginning to feel a bit more optimistic that by March of next year we'll be past the worst of what is going to happen and we will have Biden as president. My optimism about the Democrats taking control of the Senate is beginning sputter into life, too. And people will start getting vaccine shots. The "worst of what is going to happen" will probably be pretty bad, though, I admit. I'm going to try to take some moments to look past the bad stuff that is happening while it's happening to the better times I'm optimistically hoping are coming.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 18, 2020 04:15PM
Upsetting but bear in mind the differences this year:
1. Trump can't promise to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, or to repeal and replace Obamacare, or to drain the swamp, without having everyone except his cult laugh at him. He's had four years and none of that happened.
2. Comey can't use Weiner's laptop to stab Biden in the back. (Although granted, Giuliani did attempt to replicate it).
3. People don't have the visceral hatred for Biden that so many seem to have for Hillary.
4. More people have figured out that four years of Trump is not entertaining and absolutely not a breath of fresh air.
5. Covid-19 wasn't a thing back then.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 18, 2020 04:38PM
The fall election must be getting close:
Trump has switched over to L'Oreal 'Pumpkin Spice' bronzer.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 18, 2020 08:05PM
$tevie
1. Trump can't promise to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, or to repeal and replace Obamacare, or to drain the swamp, without having everyone except his cult laugh at him. He's had four years and none of that happened.
2. Comey can't use Weiner's laptop to stab Biden in the back. (Although granted, Giuliani did attempt to replicate it).
3. People don't have the visceral hatred for Biden that so many seem to have for Hillary.
4. More people have figured out that four years of Trump is not entertaining and absolutely not a breath of fresh air.

#3 is kind of an understatement. Hillary's Very Unfavorable rating was 20 points higher than Biden's.

Plus, rather than Crooked Hillary, Trump's Sleepy Joe taunt has gotten no traction. The only thing that has worked even a little is saying Biden is a puppet of the radical left, but has mostly worked only with those that wouldn't vote for Biden anyway.

Date: October 18, 2020 08:13PM
$tevie

And yet, 42% of the public are STILL voting for the Orange Menace.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 19, 2020 09:55AM
sekker
$tevie

And yet, 42% of the public are STILL voting for the Orange Menace.

I am completely flummoxed by this too, sekker, but I would take 58-42 Biden any day. That’s landslide territory.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 19, 2020 12:11PM
His base is 30%, they will back him no matter what. So look at the remaining voters, 12% back Trump and 85% back Biden (3% are voting for mickey mouse)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 20, 2020 12:50PM
Ombligo
His base is 30%, they will back him no matter what. So look at the remaining voters, 12% back Trump and 85% back Biden (3% are voting for mickey mouse)
Or voting for Ronald Reagan, like our Mickey Mouse governor Hogan did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020