advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Voted. Took 30 seconds.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 20, 2020 03:08PM
St. Petersburg, FL. Ballot Dropoff. Busy!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Voted. Took 30 seconds.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 20, 2020 03:27PM
Mine took a bit longer yesterday, drop box was at the local library, parking lot was a bit full and busy with library traffic. Once I was able to park, no line for the drop box.

There were two drop boxes side by side, different designs and labeling, both said that they were "official drop boxes". They both had a similar anti-tamper seal across the door opening, that convinced me that they were both legit. They were secured to a post with what looked like a bicycle combination cable lock.

Starting this week they're supposed to be emptied daily, but I got there a bit after 5PM and the ballot tracking doesn't show that it was received yet.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 20, 2020 03:31PM

There were two drop boxes side by side, different designs and labeling, both said that they were "official drop boxes". They both had a similar anti-tamper seal across the door opening, that convinced me that they were both legit. They were secured to a post with what looked like a bicycle combination cable lock.

Mine had two attendants, nice old ladies.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 20, 2020 03:38PM
Yay!

No drop boxes in South Carolina. One of many reasons we desperately need to get that voting rights bill passed by Congress.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The South Carolina Senate agreed on Wednesday to allow all voters in the state to cast absentee ballots because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but rejected a proposal by Democrats to allow ballots to be placed in drop boxes.

Instead, absentee ballots will still have to be mailed in or dropped off in person at voting offices in each county if the bill is approved by the House and signed by the governor.

The bill passed unanimously, but the drop box proposal and others, such as allowing early voting, were rejected by 24-16 or 25-16 votes on party lines, with Democrats on the losing side.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 20, 2020 04:00PM
voting took 30-seconds, but it was 30-minutes to get into the poll.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: hal
Date: October 20, 2020 04:17PM
I remember once going to the church polling place one year right after work and joined the rush-hour crowd for voting. I remember that it took 10-15 minutes and I was rather annoyed that it took SO MUCH LONGER THAN EVER BEFORE. The usual is to be in and out in 2-3 minutes.

I feel sorry for folks living in states where voting is frowned upon.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 20, 2020 04:21PM
It’s not “frowned upon,” it’s actively suppressed.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 20, 2020 05:17PM
Ombligo
voting took 30-seconds, but it was 30-minutes to get into the poll.

Ha.

Yeah, the actual voting part went pretty quick for me too. But I had made up my mind a while ago. wink smiley
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 20, 2020 06:09PM
The State and Local ballots were a pain to research, and when we dropped 'em off yesterday, there were a couple of vehicles illegally parked in the drive up spots. The voting box is now where the library drop off box usually is, but since the library has been closed because of the pandemic, they swapped in the voting box, and moved the not-now-used library box to the parking lot on the other side of the building. Must've been Cheeto's minions parking in/blocking the drive up spots. We stopped in the alley to drop our ballots off, but when spousal unit walked by the library a couple of times today, there were OG LOL's (little old ladies) on duty, and much more of a crowd dropping ballots off...., and the parking spots were being used as intended.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020