advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
We can all get along, Utah candidates air joint message
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 21, 2020 11:30AM
The Republican and Democrat candidate for Governor of Utah released a joint commercial calling for a peaceful reaction to the presidential election regardless of which candidate wins..

The two opposing candidates appeared together in the a. Republican Spencer Cox acknowledged the candidates are in the "final days of campaigning against each other." "But our common values transcend our political differences," Democrat Chris Peterson added, namely their belief that "whether you vote by mail or in person, we will both fully support the results of the upcoming presidential election regardless of the outcome."

"We are both committed to American civility and a peaceful transition of power," Cox added, and Peterson then encouraged Utah to "be an example to the nation."

[news.yahoo.com]

Nice to have some adults in the room.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2020 11:31AM by Ombligo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: We can all get along, Utah candidates air joint message
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 21, 2020 11:34AM
Utah appears to be the one GOP state that has not drunk the Orange Koolaid.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: October 21, 2020 11:39AM
Ombligo

"We are both committed to American civility and a peaceful transition of power," Cox added

Does that mean he has accepted that Biden will win?

Paul

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 21, 2020 02:22PM
That's very nice, and helpful. I like that a lot.

The mayor of SLC, Erin Mendenhall, is another impressive politician, heard her talking about their public health approach. Don't know much else about her but this showed a wise and mature young woman.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 21, 2020 10:57PM
I would guess in a blood-red state like Utah, the Dem is a prohibitive long shot.

When a long-shot Republican challenger gets civil and speaks out against negative ads and such toward his favored Democratic opponent for something like a governorship, let me know, m’kay?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 22, 2020 12:54AM
pdq
I would guess in a blood-red state like Utah, the Dem is a prohibitive long shot.

When a long-shot Republican challenger gets civil and speaks out against negative ads and such toward his favored Democratic opponent for something like a governorship, let me know, m’kay?

Speaking of which -- what's going on in Minnesota? Sitting Dem Senator Tina Smith takes a +10 poll lead and shrinks it to tossup? Is she that weak of a candidate? (I know nothing about the issues or candidates). If Minnesota cant hold a Dem Senate seat we may all be doomed!
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 22, 2020 08:39AM
RgrF
pdq

Speaking of which -- what's going on in Minnesota? Sitting Dem Senator Tina Smith takes a +10 poll lead and shrinks it to tossup? Is she that weak of a candidate? (I know nothing about the issues or candidates). If Minnesota cant hold a Dem Senate seat we may all be doomed!

Maybe I’m whistling past the graveyard, but I very much doubt this poll is accurate. Lewis is a goofy misogynistic right-wing radio personality who lost his Congressional seat (which he won in 2016) after just one term. He’s a big-time Trumpie in a state where Trump is ~8 points down. Other polls over the same time period put Smith 4 to 11 points up.

Minnesota is one of those states where there’s a big rural/urban split right now. The rural areas are all Trump, with people hoping to bring back a rose-colored agricultural and mining past. But the population split is currently around 3.5 million metro vs 2 million outstate, and that disparity is growing.

(FWIW, channel 5 (which commissioned the poll) is Hubbard broadcasting; Stan Hubbard is a big-time right-winger).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020